mtbr member
    Oct 2006

ASX 575 Marz 66 sl 2006

I am building up a Yeti ASX 575 and am going to run a set of Marzocchi 66 sl forks (2006). On my old bike which i am going to swap alot of the components over from I run a set of hope M4 (not mono M4s) brakes with 185 rotor up front an 165 rear. I want to increase stopping power in the process so want to increase the rotors and I know i will need an adapter for the forks anyway as they are post mount and the current set up is IS. Will I need a n adapter for the rear aswell? and What are my options for the forks, i think I will need to get new half calipers and rotors but a not sure which ones. Thanks for any advice

mtbr member
    the geometry for post-mounts necessitates going up a rotor size when mounting an IS caliper, so if you want to keep your old calipers and just get new rotors and adaptors, you are in luck. Or you could just get the direct-fit post mont calipers for the larger rotor if you want.

The rear is an IS mount, as all current framse (that I know of) are. You'll only need an adaptor if you want more rotor back there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    cheers Joules, Have gone for adapter and new rotor for as the wallet is running low but am considering a new set of moto M4s