mtbr member
    Apr 2007

ASR5 shock rebuild time!

After having ridden my ASR5 through the entire Swiss winter on studded tires (snow, ice, salt, etc.), it's time to replace all pivots and bearings. The latter are in a pitiful state and definitely need to be exchanged. Hence I have purchased the Rebuild Kit from Yeti, which contains all the replacement bearings etc.

Now, can some kind soul direct me to the relevant technical documents and drawings? I probably need to buy the appropriate bearing extraction tools - for which I need to know the exact bearing specs. Also, it would be nice to have a drawing that shows how and where to mount the washers etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Yeti manual.. Yeti Cycles / Home
    Full explodes of all components.

I've just done my 575 and its got the same main pivot bearing 6903max part no 9 on the 2012 ASR5
    9 300020001 bearing 6903 max 2

I used the 6903 version of this tool
    Superstar Components - High Spec Parts For Peanuts

Video of it in use:
    Bearing extracting assembling tool---PATENTED---For Bike - YouTube
    Its as easy as it looks.

As for the dogbone bearings then i'm not too sure.. was easy enough on the 575 but looks harder on the 2012 ASR5. Superstar components also do a blind bearing puller kit but im not sure if it would work on the dogbone?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thank you Magnet. I had bought a Superstar extractor for my other bike (a Cannondale) but it's a different size and i will need the 6903 as well.

The dogbone is my major issue though. It seems to me that there is something like a protective washer on the outer side of the bearing cage - I cannot say for sure, but the bearing is not directly exposed. That's why I am interested in seeing a technical drawing.

mtbr member
    Not sure if you know this already, but there is a Yeti Linkage Tool made for the dogbone, here's a link to Jenson:

Yeti Linkage Tool > Accessories > Tools > Frame tools | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    thank you guys for all your help. I think I am in business now!

One final question though: do you know which is the exact RAL color code for the ASR5 2010 aluminum frame? It is an unusual color resembling rotten oranges (I am color-blind though).

I thought that, while I am at it, I could just as well put on some paint around the bottom bracket, which has been damaged a bit by all the stones thrown by the front wheel...