mtbr member
    Sep 2004

ASR 7 owners rear shock thoughts please.

Hello been riding my 7 for 19 months now great bike biggest improvement was going from Fox DHX 5 air to Fox Van R coil with rebound tuned, but have an itch to look at
    Can Creek Coil
    Can Creek Air
    or alternatives?

Currently weigh 210lbs and a trail rider ride up as well as down so looking to keep the weight of the bike at less than 33 lbs which it is with pedals on.

Any thoughts on the above shocks or alternatives?

mtbr member
    Fox DHX RC4. Swapped from a DHX air and no comparison. So much better controlled. Take the time to set it up and it rocks. Shop around and you can get a good deal on it. Either that it send your van r off to PUSH to tune it and never have to mess with it again.

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Lots of guys had great luck with the RC4. I am waiting to save up for the vivid air as I think it will be a perfect balance of weight vs performance.

I am currently running a 5th element coil and I love the way the bike rides with this shock. Bike is plush, tracks much better then the rp23 I had.. The only downfall is that the shock weighs almost 2 lbs more then my rp23.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisRayner View Post
    Fox DHX RC4. Swapped from a DHX air and no comparison. So much better controlled. Take the time to set it up and it rocks. Shop around and you can get a good deal on it. Either that it send your van r off to PUSH to tune it and never have to mess with it again.
    +1 on the RC4

mtbr member
    Been trying to purchase an RC4 for over a month now. Fox keeps pushing back ship date and nobody has one in stock anywhere.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Really happy with the fox and good call on the push...but i would like to drop some weight on the bike and a bigold steel coil seems to be first place to start............

ti spring i assume?

No fans on air shocks for the 7

mtbr member
    I just put a Monarch Plus RC3 on my Knolly and it will probably go on the 7!? The only 3 air shock I would try on the 7 are the Monarch+, Vivid and the DBAir! That being said, I will probably end up with a RC4 as I already have a Ti coil for it!

Picture Unrelated
    I have a DHX 5 on mine and it is worlds better than the RP23 but I also demo'd the CCDB coil and it was really nice too. I guess I'm a sucker for a coil though
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    I'm curious to try the Fox CTD on the 7. It's a great shock! Had one on my Remedy and it was a lot better than a standard RP23! Add that one to my air list!