Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swan3609 View Post
    Nothing new.. Just shameless ASR-7 pictures..

And a self portrait with a fresh yeti jersey.

Where did you buy this jersey ? ... I want it too

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Quote Originally Posted by kondi View Post
    Where did you buy this jersey ? ... I want it too
    Yeti Grassroots team.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

mtbr member
    I thought I had previously posted here but discovered I hadn't.
    '10 ASR7
    RC4 shock
    Van 160 Fork
    WTB I23 rims on Hope Hubs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASR-7 Build Thread-img_0198.jpg  

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Her's mine, a '11 ASR-7, Fox Talas 36 - 180 mm forks , RP23 , ZTR Flows w/ Hope , Panaracer Rampages 2.25 , 30 mm Havoc Stem and Havoc Carbon bar, full on XT ice tech gears (3x10) , XT shifters , XT trail brakes, front and rear 203 mm XT rotors, '12 Reverb seatpost , Shimano DX platforms, etc

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    one more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASR-7 Build Thread-dsc_2342-3-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice photos and build!
    FWIW, I have a 7 (coil) and can't decide whether to part it out or keep it. Just broke my hand on my AM rig and don't know what my riding future will look like. Frame may be available soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Yeti Grassroots team.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2
    Any of us "mere mortals" going to be able to get it?

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Ok guys so I helped a buddy build a huge hit and then decided that It was too much for my ASR7 in its current trim, so I am starting project Big hit ASR.. I want to try and keep the cost down as I am going to try and keep all the old stuff so that I still have the lighter weight stuff to use when I want to climb..

I am going to start with a new shock as thats the only thing that I really feel is holding the bike back right now.. I still have hook ups at my old shop so I can get pretty much anything, but I would like to keep the cost down.. ideally I would love a vivid Air or CCDBA but I dont think I want to spend that much.. And I dont think I would take the time to setup a DBA the right way.. I am not apposed to going back to a Coil if the cost advantage is there, but I still think that the Vivid Air has the best ability to adapt to how I want to ride vs. the huge amount of adjustment on the CCDBA..

I could keep the RP23 as a light weight shock, but I have a feeling that once I put a new shock on there, I wont worry about the weight gain because the bike will ride that much better..

What do you guys have to say about your setups?

And then I am going to put the 170mm kit in my Lyric and ride it.. The wheelset is nothing special.. I am thinking about just buying some new hoops to lace up to save some cash vs buying a whole new wheelset.. The last thing is I am going to put a guide up front and go 1x10..

Pic of my current build..

This is the booter that we built that I want to hit..

mtbr member
    Dam that's a leap! POD on Pinkbike! I gotta believe a RC4 would do the trick! Looking for one myself! The setup for that jump must be fast!

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Dam that's a leap! POD on Pinkbike! I gotta believe a RC4 would do the trick! Looking for one myself! The setup for that jump must be fast!
    It's a balls out entry. Like 35 degree slope wide open for 60 yards or so after the setup jump. It's huge. But I am bummed I don't have a bike to hit it with. I think it's doable with the right build. I am thinking it might get the title of biggest sender ever done on the 7.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Handle it! You know how it goes, with a good landing, it can be done even a BMX bike! Take lots of pics, can't wait to see em!

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Handle it! You know how it goes, with a good landing, it can be done even a BMX bike! Take lots of pics, can't wait to see em!
    Yea the thing is its not a smooth landing. Your about 15 feet off the ground at max and we could only take out so much of the hillside to taper the landing. My buddy was bottoming out his Kona Operator hard on his landings. And we will see. I am headed back home for Xmas and that's when I am going to try and make my 7 huckable.. So stay tuned for the new year.

Colorado Yeti Rider!

Big hit ASR!

I am a big fan of your bike and riding. I have the DHX RC4 on my seven and have been super happy with it, I weight 230 lbs and have the 550# spring and have only bottomed out it out once. With the bottom out adjuster and compression settings it was very controlled and managed like a boss. I discovered after that landing the the PSI was only about half of what it should have been set at, leaked out some how... I have had plenty of hard landings and cases on my 7 with the RC4, it can take it. I am sure the Vivid air would also kick ass on the 7. I rode one on my buddies 7" bike and liked the feel of it. If it would have fit the 7 I would have swapped it for a test ride.

Even though it will hurt the wallet I would say the go with the vivid Air because it will match up nicely with your fork. I am sure the CCDBA would also be good choice to. You can probable find the fox 11/12 DHX RC4 on sale or on pinkbike for a good price($350). Another affordable option might also be the X-fusion VECTOR AIR HLR.

Also I assume your fork uses the mission control DH damper already.

For the wheel set I would suggest something like the Azonic outlaw wheel set. heavy but solid, can take lots of abuse while still being affordable/cheap. think they can be found for $300 new. even cheaper used. You may want to consider a short basic seat post to lower your seat as much as possible and keep your dropper out of harms way. Everything else on your bike should be good to go. I don't know to much about how strong cranks/pedals should be for big hits like that though.

Good luck. Look forward to seeking some sweet pics and video.

mtbr member
    Just a heads up the Vector Air HLR will not fit on our bikes

This was in my original build and I had to go with the RC4 because the HLR was ever so slightly off. My shop worked with the X-Fusion guys here locally and they confirmed it would not work. Unless they changed something for 2013 that's what I ran into earlier this year.

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Quote Originally Posted by g1701gst View Post
    Even though it will hurt the wallet I would say the go with the vivid Air because it will match up nicely with your fork. I am sure the CCDBA would also be good choice to. You can probable find the fox 11/12 DHX RC4 on sale or on pinkbike for a good price($350). Another affordable option might also be the X-fusion VECTOR AIR HLR.

Also I assume your fork uses the mission control DH damper already.

For the wheel set I would suggest something like the Azonic outlaw wheel set. heavy but solid, can take lots of abuse while still being affordable/cheap. think they can be found for $300 new. even cheaper used. You may want to consider a short basic seat post to lower your seat as much as possible and keep your dropper out of harms way. Everything else on your bike should be good to go. I don't know to much about how strong cranks/pedals should be for big hits like that though.

Good luck. Look forward to seeking some sweet pics and video.

I just sent you a PM back

I am on the DH damper already.. I just need to throw the 170mm spacer in the fork as I was running it at 160mm.. not that it really matters, but it will slacken it out a little bit..

I was looking around and I had a guy looking for a 8.5x2.5 air shock wanted in trade a pair of AtomLab pimps.. If I do get a new shock ordered soon, then I am thinking that I may jump on that deal. No cash out of my pocket for the wheels and I get a second wheelset for my shuttle days and dont trash my lighter(ish) wheels..

Colorado Yeti Rider!
    The AtomLab wheelset would be great and trading the the RP23 seems like a good deal to me. Hard to sell a RP23 for more than $200.

A second wheelset have been on my shopping list for a while now. I am looking to buy the new Sun-Ringle ADD Pro wheelset before this summer.

Colorado Yeti Rider!
    Thanks for the heads up on the Vector Air HLR. Shame it doesn't fit.

mtbr member
    I have the Atomlab PimpLITE wheelset as a second and they are great! Im wondering if the DBA would fit as I have never seen one on the 7! Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a RC4 but the DBA keeps tempting me!

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    I have the Atomlab PimpLITE wheelset as a second and they are great! Im wondering if the DBA would fit as I have never seen one on the 7! Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a RC4 but the DBA keeps tempting me!
    Operation Hucker ASR-7 is commenced!!

I am still waiting to hear from the guy on PB about the wheels.. I really could care less about weight.. I just want something that is going to be stout as hell.. And that seams like a good deal.

And I talked to my manager and I think I am going to get a Vivid Air.. He is going to start checking prices for me..

I thought the DBA was tempting too but I realized I would never take advantage of all the settings let alone take the time to properly set it up for the different places I ride.. I know its a great shock, just more flexibility then I think I need.

I am hoping that the weather is ok when I go home for Christmas, Some buddies built a new trick jump and I am feeling the need to flip again.. I will post up here for you guys. Success or not haha

Last thing, but manager scooped up a XL ASR-7 frame new oldstock and I am sure he will build it up sub 30lbs.. He isnt active on here but I will share the love with you guys when it gets built up..

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Operation Hucker ASR-7 is commenced!!

I am still waiting to hear from the guy on PB about the wheels.. I really could care less about weight.. I just want something that is going to be stout as hell.. And that seams like a good deal.

And I talked to my manager and I think I am going to get a Vivid Air.. He is going to start checking prices for me..

I thought the DBA was tempting too but I realized I would never take advantage of all the settings let alone take the time to properly set it up for the different places I ride.. I know its a great shock, just more flexibility then I think I need.

I am hoping that the weather is ok when I go home for Christmas, Some buddies built a new trick jump and I am feeling the need to flip again.. I will post up here for you guys. Success or not haha

Last thing, but manager scooped up a XL ASR-7 frame new oldstock and I am sure he will build it up sub 30lbs.. He isnt active on here but I will share the love with you guys when it gets built up..
    I went this route as well, the ASR-7 is so smooth as a FR bike I decided to ignore the lbs and make it STOUT, next item is a customized Fox 40, I do so enjoy bombing this bike!

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    So got home and started looking at the shocks and the price for the vivid is more then I thought it was going to be. So I am now have to decide to spend some more on the vivid air or go for the vivid coil. I want the vivid air but responsibly shouldn't spend that much on it. Decisions decisions.

On another note. My manager got his frame in. Discussing builds, it sounds like his is going to get a boxer world cup setup at 180mm. Should be awesome.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASR-7 Build Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1356143785715.jpg  

luc91
    here's mine when first built (w/ edge wheels) and before selling it (w/ the green hubs/spokes I9 Enduro wheelset)
    Cane Creek Double Barrell Air is a noticeable uograde when riding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASR-7 Build Thread-asr7-custom-built-2.jpg  

ASR-7 Build Thread-yeti-asr7-custom-built.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting as I have never seen one with a DBAir! Sold the bike?

Trail Ninja
    Looks like removed all all his lighter high performance parts and replaced them with heavier parts before selling it.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast