Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Bought a CCDB to replace the RP23 and did not like how it fits so im selling it! Maybe a RC4? I also bought a 2012 Lyrik RC2DH to replace the Talas. Will leaving it at 170 be ok?

mtbr member
    Hi, guys

Does anybody know what kind of front derailleur I will need for my ASR-7 build, if I'm running 2x10 X-0 shifters? Does Sram even make an E-type? If not, is it possible to run a Shimano e-type with X-0 shifters? I'm going to be running X-9 cranks, 26x39. I've heard that Sram shifters can only support Sram derailleurs. Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbane View Post
    Hi, guys

Does anybody know what kind of front derailleur I will need for my ASR-7 build, if I'm running 2x10 X-0 shifters? Does Sram even make an E-type? If not, is it possible to run a Shimano e-type with X-0 shifters? I'm going to be running X-9 cranks, 26x39. I've heard that Sram shifters can only support Sram derailleurs. Thanks for the help!
    Im using a Shimano front derailleur with Sram shifters, all good. Sram does make e-type as well though..SRM0435 I believe!?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Bought a CCDB to replace the RP23 and did not like how it fits so im selling it! Maybe a RC4? I also bought a 2012 Lyrik RC2DH to replace the Talas. Will leaving it at 170 be ok?
    What fit issues did you have with the CCDB? I know someone else in this thread had the CCDB because there is a picture posted up on one of the previous pages. I just switched out my Talus 180 for a VAN 180 and was thinking of matching that with the CCDB.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xpeppyx View Post
    What fit issues did you have with the CCDB? I know someone else in this thread had the CCDB because there is a picture posted up on one of the previous pages. I just switched out my Talus 180 for a VAN 180 and was thinking of matching that with the CCDB.
    I simply didnt like how it looked fitted. Im kinda anal like that! The Van with the CCDB would be a FR killer! I know the RC4 mounts up the same way but seems to look better matched in pictures.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for the clarification. I've been looking at the RC4 also. I'm dropping 2lbs off the bike by removing the hammerschmidt and replacing it with a 1x10 MRP Bling ring/X0 crank setup so I don't mind adding weight elsewhere. My 7 won't be climbing much anymore, that's what the ASR5C is for

mtbr member
    Sweet! I was considering going to a 1X as well?!? I ran 1X on my Nomad but kinda like the granny on this one! I did love the clean look of the single ring up front and ditching the extra cable/shifter!!!

Trail Ninja
    Why get a 7 if you aren't planning on riding up as well?

I know OC has quite a lot of hills. I don't have hills around me and I know one trip to Santiago Oaks, Santiago Truck Trail, Whiting, Aliso, etc. and I hit my climbing quota for the week/month. I sweat and breath hard just thinking about it, mainly since all the climbing is done in open on wide trails, sun relentlessly pounding down on you.

1x just doesn't have the gearing I like. I use the higher range for competing with buddies, or just pushing myself on the downs, and blasting slight down slopes, or going kamikaze on a fireroad, and the granny helps me get through 2+ hour days out on the saddle.

22/36/bash with a wide range cassette on back is great, though even I can max out the top gear on that. Rather have versatility.

mtbr member
    Yes, alot of climbing!!! I feel like im cheating now with the granny but I like it! I did feel myself getting stronger climbing the 1X on the Nomad though. I was also a bit more rewarding when I got to the top! I think I will stick with my crutch that is my granny gear, for now!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I just bought a 2010 asr7 and cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the back wheel. Anyone care to help a noob out? Awesome bike!!! Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASR-7 Build Thread-imag0560.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by no1000 View Post
    I just bought a 2010 asr7 and cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the back wheel. Anyone care to help a noob out? Awesome bike!!! Thanks!
    Smart man, on the purchase!There is a pinch bolt facing the rear of the bike, loosen that and you will be able to loosen the axle!

Colorado Yeti Rider!
    2011 Yeti ASR7 Custom Freeride build
    http://forums.mtbr.com/7868497-post42.html

Colorado Yeti Rider!
    I love my Hammerschmidt and don't think I could ever part with it. With that lost pound, you will also lose the clearance and chain security.

I ride with a RC4 on my 7 and couldn't be happier. I love the adjustability and bottom out control. This bike can take some big hits.

Colorado Yeti Rider!
    I bet the Vivid Air would match your lyric for an amazingly plush ride with great DH/big hit performance. I have always wanted to try one on my bike but my fox DHX RC4 has worked great.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    The fork actually needs to be rebuilt. Anyone know a place that rebuilds rockshox forks preferably in southern california? Would a fox van rc 8.5x2.5 coil shock work for the rear?

Damn nice asr7 g1701gst!
    Last edited by no1000; 09-17-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Trail Ninja
    Any LBS can change the oil and seals, I would think. Usually costs $20 for labor and $20 for the oil and Fox seal kit and new crush washers. If the fork needs more work, many shops would send the fork to Fox and the price varies (starting at $125, according to Fox's site).

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'm talking about a fork rebuild. I already got it checked out by a mechanic and told me it needs to be sent in. It's a rock shox lyrik 2 step.

Colorado Yeti Rider!
    This is a great suspension shop in Colorado. I have had excellent service from them. High quality work. ?dirtlabs? forks

Colorado Yeti Rider!
    yes, a fox van rc 8.5x2.5 coil shock will work for the rear.

mtbr member
    What kind of leverage shock rate (low/high) is on the ASR-7? I'm looking at buying a stock RP23 shock off the ASR-7 for my Stinky that fits and is a low leverage rate shock design.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    hey this is my 2011 ASR7 .... very pleased with it ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpvm View Post

Congrats! Looks good!

"Dream like you'll live forever, but live like you'll die today."
    -James Dean

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks a lot bro !!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpvm View Post

Looks good!!! Is that in So. Cal? Looks fun! How do you like the 180 fork?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Sound coming from rear tire

Hello all, just wanted to drop a quick question, I'm a semi new owner of a asr-7 (2011 model), it just turned one year old this month, I've been easy on it and haven't put it to any kind of abuse yet.
    It's a great ride and all but I have something that developed in the rear tire, it's making some kind of ticking or clicking sound, as I pedal faster the ticking gets faster, I brought it to my lbs and a tech had a look, he couldn't seem to figure out where it's coming from, he suggested it might be the wheel touching something in the triangle, I told him it might be the brakes or the hub he didn't think so, was wondering if anyone here seen this before. Thanks in advanced.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast