Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Colorado Yeti Rider!

show me your 142mm rear

I want see pictures of your supposed 142mm rear ends. I attached a picture of my 135mm rear and what the 142mm QR thru axle should look like with the blue anodized chip drop outs from a SB66..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASR-7 Build Thread-142-qr-thru-axle.jpg  

ASR-7 Build Thread-img_20120606_102906.jpg  

Last edited by g1701gst; 06-06-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: 142mm typo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by g1701gst View Post
    I want see pictures of your supposed 142mm rear ends. I attached a picture of my 135mm rear and what the 142mm QR thru axle should look like with the blue anodized chip drop outs from a SB66..
    Mine is the bottom one. My 142 i9 hub fits in it though.

"Dream like you'll live forever, but live like you'll die today."
    -James Dean

mtbr member
    Had a killer ride on the slopes today!!! Bike handled well. Fork is too large though. I'm going to shorten it this winter.
    Last edited by mattyrides07; 07-28-2012 at 11:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyrides07 View Post
    Had a killer ride on the slopes today!!! Bike handled well. Fork is too large though. I'm going to shorten it this winter.
    Nice setup! I would think the 180 would fit the 7 well...Is the BB too high?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Nice setup! I would think the 180 would fit the 7 well...Is the BB too high?
    The 180 rakes it out perfect for the dh. The problem lied in jumping. The fork is sooooo long. I'm coming from an ellsworth moment with pike 454 though so that's part of the issue. I think if I shorten the travel 1/2"-1" it might respond better for my overall riding (which is 90%AM). On climbs I have to get so far over the bars or I pop that front tire every stroke.

-James Dean

mtbr member
    Looks like I will have my 2011 Large ASR-7 Saturday! I know I will miss my carbon Nomad but also know I am getting a great AM machine! I need a dropper post. Are there any I can not use with this frame since the seat tube is curved (not able to insert all the way down)??? Im excited to have a bike you dont see every day! Pics to come!

Zombie Uprising
    Looks like I will have my 2011 Large ASR-7 Saturday! I know I will miss my carbon Nomad but also know I am getting a great AM machine! I need a dropper post. Are there any I can not use with this frame since the seat tube is curved (not able to insert all the way down)??? Im excited to have a bike you dont see every day! Pics to come!
    Dude!!! Seriously? You are giving up a carbon Nomad with RC4 + Ti, for a single pivot alu Yeti? Seriously?
    I would have thought that your Nomad if you put a Fox 36 VAN RC2 180mm can do about everything that the ASR7 will (albeit -20mm rear travel), plus it would be lighter and perhaps stiffer, IMHO!
    What is the reasoning for this change? Wanted to try something different, with less pivots maybe? Or incredible bargain frame?
    Last edited by tp806; 08-02-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Trail Ninja
    Well, the Nomad comes with (or used to) a DHX Air that just didn't feel all that great. Some say it doesn't feel that great with a coil either, which tends to work better on a straight up progressive leverage curve than a regressive-progressive one. Wallowy was a word that comes up often when speaking of the Nomad with certain shocks.

The ASR7 with stock RP23 just feels a little too XCish. I found if you swap it with a DHX Air 5.0, it turns into a versatile bike that feels like a capable bump swallowing FR machine, but is light enough for climbing. Maybe that's what he's looking for? My 7 is sort of my hucker/jumper now with that setup.

I like the more rearward axle path of the VPP2 over Yeti's low single pivot, but the leverage curve on the Nomad could be much better. If I had one, I'd get the push link or would stick to a low volume air shock on it to make it more progressive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASR-7 Build Thread-nomadvsasr7.jpg  

Last edited by Varaxis; 08-02-2012 at 06:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    Dude!!! Seriously? You are giving up a carbon Nomad with RC4 + Ti, for a single pivot alu Yeti? Seriously?
    I would have thought that your Nomad if you put a Fox 36 VAN RC2 180mm can do about everything that the ASR7 will (albeit -20mm rear travel), plus it would be lighter and perhaps stiffer, IMHO!
    What is the reasoning for this change? Wanted to try something different, with less pivots maybe? Or incredible bargain frame?
    SERIOUSLY??? I sold the NomadC to help fund a new house! The 7 happenss to be in my price range. After buying the 7 I was able to pocket $2300.00 from the Nomad sale, not bad! You make it sound like im getting a dog of a bike, why? I could have picked up an aluminum Nomad for almost the same price but I have been on 3 different Nomads for 4 years, yes change is a welcome thing!

@ Varaxis, I did have the Push link with a Ti-coiled RC4 and it was simply awesome! Im thinking the RP im getting with the bike will soon be for sale in favor of a RC4. I had a DHX air on my previous Nomad and I cant stand that shock, even think it looks dumb!

Zombie Uprising
    New house, enough said, congrats!
    So now you will be a Yeti tribe man.
    Don't forget to post picks when the 7 is ready for action.

mtbr member
    ITS MINE!!! 2011 ASR-7

My expectations were somewhat low coming from a decked out carbon Nomad. I had my first ride on the 7 and WOW, I was blown away! SHAME ON YETI for discontinuing this bike! (Im actually happy, I like having something you wont see every day!)...
    This bike flat out fits me! I like the longer TT and the overall feel of the way the bike pedals is great. Climbing was awesome. The single pivot rear simply rolls over everything where the Nomad got hung up on square edge bumps killing momentum. I actually feel pretty happy with the RP23 and I have always hated air shocks but the shock feels subtle. Might blow through the travel quicker but I can get used to it, I still might try a coil soon. The trails I was on is a mix of XC/AM and I was just as confident doing any of the jumps/drops I did on the other bike. Jury is still out on the DH and I have yet to get it on the big mountain but I cant wait!

The bike weighs rite at 32lbs but I dont feel it! The bike showed up to my door pretty much as pictured except my seat and Amp pedals. I kinda like the orange stem/bars but thing im going to a Havoc bar and Thomson 50mm stem. I have a X fusion dropper coming this week and think im going with a Lyrik RC2DH? Everything is pretty much X9 including hubs! 2x10!

Pocketing over 2 grand selling the Nomad I was sure I would be downgrading, no way in fact this bike is alot more fun to ride for me! [IMG]7 one.jpg[/IMG][IMG]7 two.jpg[/IMG][IMG]7 three.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASR-7 Build Thread-7-one.jpg  

ASR-7 Build Thread-7-two.jpg  

ASR-7 Build Thread-7-three.jpg  

Trail Ninja
    You ride mountain kings on SoCal dirt? I assume you wear pads get sketchy and drifty on purpose for fun?

Enjoy man. It's scary fast for the first dozens of rides. Ease off the brakes and skill it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    You ride mountain kings on SoCal dirt? I assume you wear pads get sketchy and drifty on purpose for fun?

Enjoy man. It's scary fast for the first dozens of rides. Ease off the brakes and skill it.
    As stated in the story, the bike showed up with those tires. Switching to some Bontrager XR4s in 2.35 I had in the garage for now! Yea, those M Kings are sketch!

mtbr member
    Congrats! Glad you like it!

-James Dean

mtbr member
    Thanks! Xfusion Hilo dropper post on its way along with a fixed ano blue seat post clamp and Odi rogue grips with blue clamps. Im working on getting some Havoc bars and a stem now! Also de-stickered the wheels! Still not sure on what fork to go with?

mtbr member
    Still not sure on what fork to go with?
    I love my fox!

-James Dean

mtbr member
    I might stick with Fox? My 2012 Float I had on the Nomad was light years better after I swapped the bath oil with Mobil1. Its between a Talas 160 and a Lyrik RC2DH. I hear alot about the Marz but think they look like garbage!

mtbr member
    I use to ONLY use marz but once they changed their factories to Taiwan they REALLY sucked! They're suposidly better now...

-James Dean

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    2011 ASR-7

Havoc/Haven
    Deemax
    Reverb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASR-7 Build Thread-303332_402515049794978_1818573180_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUELS View Post
    2011 ASR-7

Havoc/Haven
    Deemax
    Reverb
    Nice! Would like to see better pics!!! Weight?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Nice! Would like to see better pics!!! Weight?
    Crappy crackberry phone pics, weighs in at a stout 35lbs (schwalbe's tubeless are HEAVY) but it is the funnest bike I've ever owned!

mtbr member
    Some changes, still not done!

Added: 2012 Fox Talas
    Havoc carbon bars/Straitline blue stem
    IceTech rotors 205/180mm
    KSi950 post with Woodmen non QR clamp!

[IMG]asr 074.jpg[/IMG][IMG]asr 076.jpg[/IMG][IMG]asr 080.jpg[/IMG][IMG]asr 079.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASR-7 Build Thread-asr-074.jpg  

ASR-7 Build Thread-asr-076.jpg  

ASR-7 Build Thread-asr-080.jpg  

ASR-7 Build Thread-asr-079.jpg  

jddist
    May 2008
    Get some dirt on that thing. Your are killing me:-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by istvisinet View Post
    Get some dirt on that thing. Your are killing me:-)
    Give me a break, its just a garage queen!!! NOT! Pretty dry out here so its usually a coating of dust! I will have it muddy come late October! Love this bike! Cant believe it flew so low under the radar?!?!

mtbr member
    Love this bike! Cant believe it flew so low under the radar?!?!
    Tell me about it!!!!!

-James Dean

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast