ASR-7 Build Thread

Printable View

  • 04-24-2013
    drbelleville
    Hey guys who is running a Totem, and are you running 160 or 180? I am looking to replace my 36 Fox Float 160.
  • 05-10-2013
    Doba
    1 Attachment(s)
    Picked up a used CCDB Coil for pretty cheap and got it mounted. Just need it to stop pouring and find some time to ride. Can't wait to hit the bike park.

    Attachment 797957
  • 05-30-2013
    wessactor
    Anybody running a marzocchi 66. I'm about to embark on a 7 build on a budget and i'm considering this fork?
  • 06-22-2013
    wessactor
    need a rear thru axle for my 7. Anybody know where i could pick one up, other than yeti? They want $80 for that thing. Are there any aftermarket replacements available?
  • 06-23-2013
    LCW
    ASR-7 Build Thread
    Have you tried ebay or amazon? If its same thru axle (142x12) that I'm using on my 575 I believe it's the SM-AX75. $50 on amazon right now. Although if the 7 uses a 135x12 - then not sure...
  • 07-20-2013
    minul
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 817601

    just build it, and love it !
    planning to put a 180inch fox 36 talas, but in the meantime, marzzocchi 55 makes me happy enough.
  • 07-20-2013
    lucianosilva9
    Yeti ASR-7 rear axle
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by wessactor View Post
    need a rear thru axle for my 7. Anybody know where i could pick one up, other than yeti? They want $80 for that thing. Are there any aftermarket replacements available?

    As far as I have searched, the only rear axle that will fit the frame is the Yeti one, found at their web store.

    I got the DT Swiss but it's conical shape on the lever side doesn't insert in te rear triangle rear axle...
  • 07-22-2013
    socalMX
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by minul View Post
    Attachment 817601

    just build it, and love it !
    planning to put a 180inch fox 36 talas, but in the meantime, marzzocchi 55 makes me happy enough.

    Looks good man. I would also look into a better rear shock. I surprisingly really like the CTD on mine currently and I have tried just about every shock there is!
  • 07-24-2013
    2FUELS
    1 Attachment(s)
    SEND it with a 7!
  • 08-01-2013
    lucianosilva9
    7 Attachment(s)
    refurbished, and better than new
    anodized silver/anodized iron frame finish
    all new hardware (Ti bolts)
    all new bearings (Enduro)
    custom stickers
  • 08-13-2013
    jpvm
    Update on my ASR7 .... Wtb Silverado Pro, Fox Yeti custom stickers ...









  • 08-21-2013
    bstoic
    I want to change out the RP32, does this work instead?

    Fox Racing Shox DHX 5.0 Air Rear Shock 7.785 x 2.25 w/Hardware?
  • 08-21-2013
    socalMX
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bstoic View Post
    I want to change out the RP32, does this work instead?

    Fox Racing Shox DHX 5.0 Air Rear Shock 7.785 x 2.25 w/Hardware?

    No no and NO! Avoid the DHXAir like the plague! Not only are the #s wrong, that is a terrible shock! I have tried a few and like I have read from others, the shock has no mid stroke support and just sits deep and wallows. To get it to sit up I had to use way too much pressure and that caused a really harsh terrible ride.

    A I agree the RP is not great on the 7. I am now using a Float CTD on both my 7 and my Rune and that is one great lightweight shock. It fits the 7 really well, easy to set the proper sag and offers a great climbing platform. Sits nicely in the mid and the valving is spot on, a far cry from the old RP23. Best thing is they can be had pretty cheap in the used market, most are new take offs. Check here- Buy and Sell Mountain Bikes, Gear and Parts - Pinkbike


    @ JPVM, lookin good! Where did you get the custom fork decals?
  • 08-21-2013
    bstoic
    Ya, my biggest concern are the numbers really. That and Im more use to HT's and I really prefer a shock with a good "working" propedal for nasty climbs.

    Is this more in line with the specs?
    RockShox Monarch RT3 Black (165x38 / 6.5"x1.5") Mid-Tune Rear Shock
  • 08-21-2013
    socalMX
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bstoic View Post
    Ya, my biggest concern are the numbers really. That and Im more use to HT's and I really prefer a shock with a good "working" propedal for nasty climbs.

    Is this more in line with the specs?
    RockShox Monarch RT3 Black (165x38 / 6.5"x1.5") Mid-Tune Rear Shock

    Only shock to use on the 7 is 8.5x2.5 which is a super common size and easy to find. Same size is on many bikes including the Nomad and Mojo.

    Believe me when I say, the "C" in CTD climb mode is far better than any pro pedal...
  • 08-21-2013
    bstoic
    Thanks for the information bud!
  • 08-21-2013
    jpvm
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    No no and NO! Avoid the DHXAir like the plague! Not only are the #s wrong, that is a terrible shock! I have tried a few and like I have read from others, the shock has no mid stroke support and just sits deep and wallows. To get it to sit up I had to use way too much pressure and that caused a really harsh terrible ride.

    A I agree the RP is not great on the 7. I am now using a Float CTD on both my 7 and my Rune and that is one great lightweight shock. It fits the 7 really well, easy to set the proper sag and offers a great climbing platform. Sits nicely in the mid and the valving is spot on, a far cry from the old RP23. Best thing is they can be had pretty cheap in the used market, most are new take offs. Check here- Buy and Sell Mountain Bikes, Gear and Parts - Pinkbike


    @ JPVM, lookin good! Where did you get the custom fork decals?

    Good advice I was also loooking a replacement of the RP23 , my son's ASR5 came with the Fox CTD , will try that one !!


    PS : The Yeti Fox Colorado stickers can be bought ant Slik Graphics

    Fork Decals - Fox Collection - Slik Graphics
  • 09-17-2013
    COMMandrew
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Just built the 7 back up with some nicer parts! Tried a few other frames but keep coming back to this one!

    Mavic CrossMax SX wheels
    2.35 Hans Ds
    Kashima RC4 with Ti-Coil
    170 Lyrik RC2DH
    XT Ice-Tech brakes
    XO crankset!

    That is Yeti flavoured porn!
  • 12-22-2013
    Doba
    1 Attachment(s)
    From today's ride. Changed out the drivetrain on my 7 recently. Was 1x9 with X9 stuff and running a chain guide. Now 1x10 with all XT to include new cranks and a Race Face narrow wide 30t chainring. Love the new setup.

    Attachment 856706
  • 03-21-2014
    Doba
    2 Attachment(s)
    I'm "done" with my 7 build. I'd like new forks and lighter wheels, but I'd rather build up a '14 575 instead.

    2011 XL ASR-7
    XT drivetrain w/ 30t RaceFace Narrow/Wide
    XT brakes w/ ICE tech rotors 203/180
    Fox 36 TALAS RC2 160mm
    Fox RC4 w/ Ti coil
    Azonic Outlaw wheels
    Thomson dropper w/ WTB Yeti saddle
    RaceFace SIXc 780mm bars, Sunlin V1 stem, Yeti grips
    Spank Spike pedals

    Attachment 878602
    Attachment 878603
  • 03-21-2014
    Andrew8404
    ASR-7 Build Thread
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Doba View Post
    I'm "done" with my 7 build. I'd like new forks and lighter wheels, but I'd rather build up a '14 575 instead.

    2011 XL ASR-7
    XT drivetrain w/ 30t RaceFace Narrow/Wide
    XT brakes w/ ICE tech rotors 203/180
    Fox 36 TALAS RC2 160mm
    Fox RC4 w/ Ti coil
    Azonic Outlaw wheels
    Thomson dropper w/ WTB Yeti saddle
    RaceFace SIXc 780mm bars, Sunlin V1 stem, Yeti grips
    Spank Spike pedals

    Attachment 878602
    Attachment 878603

    Looks good



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 04-03-2014
    jpvm
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Andrew8404 View Post
    Looks good



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



    Here's mine ....