In my mind, I can do it!

Argh.. I have never had a bike that.....

That I didn't tear the saddle on. What do you use to fix tears in the material of the saddle? I now have a nice little tear on the nose of the saddle that needs to be glued back somehow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    That I didn't tear the saddle on. What do you use to fix tears in the material of the saddle? I now have a nice little tear on the nose of the saddle that needs to be glued back somehow.

Shoe Goo plus black electrical tape...

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Shoe Goo plus black electrical tape...
    Do you leave the tape on? If so, why use shoe goo?

mtbr member
    Do you leave the tape on? If so, why use shoe goo?
    depends on how big a chunk is missing from the saddle...
    if it's a slice (no foam missing), i fill the slice with some shoe goo (doesn't take much). squeeze both sides together, wipe off excess goo and tape the slice up. the shoe goo will hold the sides together and the tape will keep everything flush (no annoying seam).
    if it's a chunk missing from the foam, I put a bigger glob of shoe goo on the missing chunk and tape it up again to about what the original shape used to be. The shoe goo will solidify and bond to the existing foam (while still maintaining some softness) and the tape will keep it from rubbing off.

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism

Tear on the nose of the saddle?

Yikes, that sounds like some naughty Yeti fun. How does one tear the nose of the saddle?

Oni

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni
    Yikes, that sounds like some naughty Yeti fun. How does one tear the nose of the saddle?

Oni
    Talent...

I lost my balance going up a hill and had to clip out but whilst still off balance the bike fell over and I stepped on the saddle nose while trying to stay upright myself. I think the cleat on the bottom of my shoe did the damage.