(slight return)

Ardent 2.4 in back on a 2010 575?

Wondering if an Ardent 2.4 will fit on a 2010 575. I've run 2.35 High Rollers and they fit but it was a little tight - pebbles stuck in the side knobs hit the rear triangle. Anyone running the ardent 2.4?

Thanks
    slide

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    2.4 ardent is huge! i highly doubt that it will fit especially if the high rollers were tight, the 2.25 ardent was an extremely close fit on my 11 575 carbon brace, too close for comfort for me so i didnt run it at all. i put the 2.4 up front and there was no way it would fit the rear.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by slide mon View Post
    Wondering if an Ardent 2.4 will fit on a 2010 575. I've run 2.35 High Rollers and they fit but it was a little tight - pebbles stuck in the side knobs hit the rear triangle. Anyone running the ardent 2.4?

Thanks
    slide
    Are you sure about the HR size? I have used several 2.5 HR's in the rear of my '08 and it wasn't close to being an issue. The 2.35 is more like a 2.2 or less. At least they used to be very small. Maybe the new Maxxis are bigger than in years past.

(slight return)
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    Are you sure about the HR size? I have used several 2.5 HR's in the rear of my '08 and it wasn't close to being an issue. The 2.35 is more like a 2.2 or less. At least they used to be very small. Maybe the new Maxxis are bigger than in years past.
    Yeah, definitely 2.35. Didn't scope.it out too much and it's not on now, but always getting stuff stuck in the side knobs that would hit the frame.

Sounds like the 2.4 is out, maybe try the 2.25 instead. Thanks!

-slide

Sent from my Inspire 4G running CM7 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I just took off a worn out 2.25 Ardent off of my 2009 575. It fit very well with (what I would say would be minimum) clearance to the rear triangle.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike87 View Post
    I just took off a worn out 2.25 Ardent off of my 2009 575. It fit very well with (what I would say would be minimum) clearance to the rear triangle.
    mike how did you like it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    It worked well. I will keep it for a backup on another wheel. It grips great when new, but has slipped a bit on me as it has worn, which is to be expected. Overall it is a good tire and I would use it again.

I am going to try a Continental X-King 2.2 on my primary wheel and see how that compares.