mtbr member

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures

I was jonesing for a few more ARC pics while wating for my frame to arrive so I figure it's my civic duty to help out anyone going through the same thing. Test ride (a real trail ride not around the block) is this afternoon.

Frame is Large, weight is roughly 23.5 lbs.

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01289.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01306.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01305.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01304.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01302.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01300.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01299.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01298.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01296.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01295.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01293.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01291.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01290.jpg

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-dsc01307.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    So, so nice. It really is one of the best looking frames out there. Definitely interested, just don't know if HT is best idea for me. I like a bit of "cush", especially if I'm riding in the mountains (which isn't all that often). Interested to hear comfort factor on bike - I read (I think on 29inches.com) that the handling is superb, but the ride isn't all that forgiving. Gorgeous bike - I think Yeti nailed it with this one, not only looks, but geo etc.

Bikes!

Looks fantastic! What frame protection are you using?
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2015 Trek Farley 8

mtbr member
    Thanks, Yeti did a good job. Just got back from a quick ride. I'm not the best person to give any in-depth review since this was literally the first time I've ever ridden a 29er. So I can't make any comparisons to other brands. My other bike is an ASR-5 and I'm used to a bit of squish in the rear also, but before that I rode a Bontrager Privateer comp for years, so it wasn't that long ago I was on a hardtail.

For frame protection I used 4" ISC Racer's Tape and cut it up. Put it on the chain and seat stays, down tube and top tube.

Bikes!

Thanks smithcreek. Enjoy the bike!
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2015 Trek Farley 8

mtbr member

Whip.....Whip It Good! ARC c

My spankin' new Yeti Arc C 23 lbs 7 oz.
    Just picked it up. First ride tomorrow

Fox Float 29
    SRAM XO bits. 2x10
    KMC Chain
    XT cassette.
    Thomson post and stem
    Easton Monkey Lite XC Bar
    Yeti custom saddle
    Yeti lock on grips
    Stan's Arch 29 wheels Tubeless
    DT Swiss 240 hubs
    Schwalbe: Nobby Nic/Racing Ralph
    Eggbeater Ti pedals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-image.jpg  

ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-image.jpg  

You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

mtbr member
    Very nice! I was back and forth about which color to get. I like them both and given another chance to pick which one I still don't know what I'd do, that turquoise is great. I've had mine out for about eight rides and I like it a lot.

mtbr member
    Color choice was certainly a dilemma for me. However the choice was kind of made for me as my LBS had this one in Medium which is my size. I would have probably chosen it anyway as I've had several black bikes. Either way it is such a beautiful machine and I'm psyched it is mine. I'll post back after a few rides with some thoughts on how it rides.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm not too sure about the Arc-c.

There are so many nice carbon HT's on the market.

It's a nice looking bike but you also have Scott Scales, Giant XTCs, Cannondale 29'ers, and Specialized S-Works etc.

The frame is the heart of the bike but I can't see what the Arc-c has over any of the others.

My Cannondale Flash is 19.5lbs with a stock XTR build. So I cant see what would make me want to change it.

In the past we have been tempted to change our bike by innovation. But this is just a Yeti Carbon HT.

IMO A bit late on the market.

They need to sell it to people a bit more. Maybe a custom paint scheme offer like Treks Project One.

Attractive pricing or some radical concept.

parts leftover

The ARC Carbon has a threaded bottom bracket shell, a 70deg headtube angle, and Yeti turquoise. You can't get that combination in other high end hardtails.

mtbr member
    Plus....It's a YETI and none of those other bikes are.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cryde View Post
    Plus....It's a YETI and none of those other bikes are.
    It's just another carbon ht.

I've owned a Yeti and have always like the ARC.

But they need to put more effort into it.

I would like a plain black one with a fattened up downtube that has Yeti on it.

mtbr member
    If it helps, I just built one up (Turquoise), and it's lighter than your Cannondale Flash...built with ENVE rims, XX build group (except for XTR brakes)...18.5 minus pedals...how do like them apples?

mtbr member
    I like them apples, now how about a couple pics for the picture thread? You might need to tether it down while you go get your camera

mtbr member
    ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-yeti-arc-c-one.jpgARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures-arc-carbon-two.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by smithcreek View Post
    I like them apples, now how about a couple pics for the picture thread? You might need to tether it down while you go get your camera
    I don't have a ton of images of this bike yet, but I like it a lot. Super stiff on the downhills, but extremely fast on the uphills. Just did a trip from Durango, Silverton then Aspen, and was quite happy with it. Also has ENVE stem, bars and seat post.

Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtncampbell View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yeti ARC C one.jpg 
Views:	1490 
Size:	290.5 KB 
ID:	813041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ARC Carbon two.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	248.7 KB 
ID:	813042

I don't have a ton of images of this bike yet, but I like it a lot. Super stiff on the downhills, but extremely fast on the uphills. Just did a trip from Durango, Silverton then Aspen, and was quite happy with it. Also has ENVE stem, bars and seat post.
    Now that ain't just another HT!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KleinAttitude View Post
    I'm not too sure about the Arc-c.

There are so many nice carbon HT's on the market.

It's a nice looking bike but you also have Scott Scales, Giant XTCs, Cannondale 29'ers, and Specialized S-Works etc.

The frame is the heart of the bike but I can't see what the Arc-c has over any of the others.

My Cannondale Flash is 19.5lbs with a stock XTR build. So I cant see what would make me want to change it.

In the past we have been tempted to change our bike by innovation. But this is just a Yeti Carbon HT.

IMO A bit late on the market.

They need to sell it to people a bit more. Maybe a custom paint scheme offer like Treks Project One.

Attractive pricing or some radical concept.

I agree: many nice carbon hardtails on the market.

Lost me when you started comparing it to a flash. No way shape or form other than material and frame weight can you put this next to a flash.

Sorry, the flash was high zoot when they first rolled it out, but it is turning into a stale puppy. Look at the chainstay seatstay junction on a flash, then look at the ARC. The flash is unrefined compared to the ARC or many other carbon offerings available.

Also you are comparing two bikes at very different price points. XTR flash vs XTR Yeti, you still have a decent amount of change after buying the Yeti.

I know this is a can of worms, and I have the experience owning multiple lefty's to back this up. Flash has a lefty... it's a OK piece of equipment, light, and I give credit for thinking outside of the box. However the lefty is finicky as all hell, leaks oil, bearings migrate all over... there is more but Ill leave it at that.

I have about 95 miles on a ARC Carbon at this point. I can tell you the bike is refined, fast, extremely well produced. While Yeti might be "late to the game" they built the bike the with features they felt are important. Direct mount FD, Threaded BB (vs bb30 or pressfit) 12x142 rear axle, very short stack height up front.

Also lets not forget they offer small and xs as a 650b.

The ARC has a intended audience, IMHO that audience is the serious rider who needs a bike that is no nonsense. Really that is Yeti as a company, the whole product line is geared towards making sense vs having the latest press blurb.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dblvanos View Post
    I agree: many nice carbon hardtails on the market.

Lost me when you started comparing it to a flash. No way shape or form other than material and frame weight can you put this next to a flash.

Sorry, the flash was high zoot when they first rolled it out, but it is turning into a stale puppy. Look at the chainstay seatstay junction on a flash, then look at the ARC. The flash is unrefined compared to the ARC or many other carbon offerings available.

Also you are comparing two bikes at very different price points. XTR flash vs XTR Yeti, you still have a decent amount of change after buying the Yeti.

I know this is a can of worms, and I have the experience owning multiple lefty's to back this up. Flash has a lefty... it's a OK piece of equipment, light, and I give credit for thinking outside of the box. However the lefty is finicky as all hell, leaks oil, bearings migrate all over... there is more but Ill leave it at that.

I have about 95 miles on a ARC Carbon at this point. I can tell you the bike is refined, fast, extremely well produced. While Yeti might be "late to the game" they built the bike the with features they felt are important. Direct mount FD, Threaded BB (vs bb30 or pressfit) 12x142 rear axle, very short stack height up front.

Also lets not forget they offer small and xs as a 650b.

The ARC has a intended audience, IMHO that audience is the serious rider who needs a bike that is no nonsense. Really that is Yeti as a company, the whole product line is geared towards making sense vs having the latest press blurb.
    I've never had problems with my Carbon Lefty.

The Arc-c looks good but it's not a Flash or F29.

But I understand what you are saying about the price.

You could make a dam decent Arc-c for the price of a F29 Carbon 1 and still have change.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    dblvanos and mtncampbell. what is your feel on the rear compliance now ? can you compare to another 29 carbon hardtail ?