Uncle

ARC Carbon Fiber bar on the cheap...

Not sure how many of my fellow Yetites noticed, but the Arc Carbon Fiber low rise bar is on clearance at yeticycles.com -- $49.99, or ~ $55 shipped. Thought I'd point this out, but only after I ordered a second one for my hardtail marin

Love my first one, so I'll vouch for it's quality.
    That's it.
    105mm
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

Fall Branch Felon
    Got mine a few days ago.

Had a scratch in the clear coat, but it's was tiny, and only the clear coat, so i'm gonna leave it.

Otherwise, they look every bit as good as an Easton. Not sure what the warranty is on them, but I have yet to ever break a handlebar..........Al or carbon.
    "That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger"

Haro WERX XCR
    Ibis Alibi
    Interloc Scandium Elite

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Can the ARC R1 take bar ends? Some carbon bars can, hoping these can too.

Uncle

The diameter on these bars are a bit small...

so I'd skip the bar ends. The exception would be the plastic mini clamp bar ends. They'll work fine.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Never seen or heard of a "plastic mini clamp bar end". Don't suppose u have a link to one?

Uncle

Single Track Solutions makes a few

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...5&category=659

I think there are a few others out there as well -- serfas maybe? They're gentle on the bar for sure; I used a set for a year or so. Have since removed them because I have changed frames.

Good luck.
    105mm

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I have ordered the ST-Pro. Wasn't sure if someone had used them specifically on this bar, but it is good to know that they have. We don't have a distributor for SingleTrack solutions in Australia, so before I ordered it from the US, I thought I had better make sure first. Thanks for the tip.

mtbr member

Hope

My 575 came with the Race Face Carbon's......Not sure the ARC's are the same quality. Any opin's?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I tried a set for my commuter and the bar gained diameter towards the middle which would not allow me to mount my brakes, shifter, grips and bar ends.

DJ

Uncle

Probably Bontragers

Could just be relabeled Bontys, but who knows (really, who knows?)

I've got two of these bars now, and while they're not the 31.8mm diameter, they're working just fine: Perfect width, light weight, good finish, and so far, no creaks or cracks. Two years now on my first bar (with Yeti lock-ons, and on a Kokopelli). Just put one on my Marin HT too. Suprised by the low weight of what came off of the bike (Marin housebrand alloy), but the Arc is lighter by enough to be worth the swap.

FWIW, I run my shifters and levers a little loose so that they'll flop if I eat sh!t.