mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Anyone try a 27.4 seatpost in a 575?

I got a Thomson 27.2 post and using a Hope bolt on seatclamp. If i don't gorilla tighten the bolt down my seatpost slips ever so slightly. Thinking of going to a bigger post but wondering if anyone has tried it yet?

Bomber
    you know my race face evolve seat post will over time (say the duration of a ride) move down a few milimeters, close to a centimeter unless I put an awful lot of effort into my crappy oem clamp (salsa's on the way shortly).

mtbr member
    thomson are pretty much the most slip-resistant posts out there, supprises me that you are having problems.

Have you actually measured the ID of the seat tube? Slipping seems to be a common problem on Yetis - ususally rectified with an aftermarket seat clamp (which is annoying of course, but we all know about the problem). I bet ID of the seat tubes is a hare over 27.2. A better shop could probably ream it out to 27.4 if you really wanted - then you'd be into a weirdo post size, which could be a hassle later on.

I never had a problem with my thomson post slipping, but with the stock clamp if made a god-awful noise that I couldn't get rid of. I replaced the clamp with one from a GT frame that hadn't been made in 13 years (with a Ti bolt no less) and it shut right up.