mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone Selling an RP3 or RP23 or Looking For a DHX Air?

I'm asking you Yeti owners because it seems the 575 was spec'ed OEM with the shock size I want. I need an RP3 or RP23 7.875 X 2.25. That is eye-to-eye of 7 7/8" and 2 1//4" stroke. I have a Brand New 2006 DHX Air 5.0 of that size also. Perhaps we can work out a deal if so.

PM me please if so. THanks.

myitch
    We Ride In God's Country!

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch
    and 2 1//4" stroke
    Well there is a lot of debate, but the concensus seems to be the 575 features a shock with a 2 1/4" shaft length, but the stroke is actually a 2" stroke so you may be out of luck with The Tribe.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the reply.

Oh? Its my understanding that the exposed portion of the shaft IS the stroke length regardless of how much the shock may actually use it or not. So, if a shock has a measured exposed shaft body of 2.25, then that is the stroke length, yes? I mean that is exactly how manufacturers measure stroke length.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Thanks for the reply.

Oh? Its my understanding that the exposed portion of the shaft IS the stroke length regardless of how much the shock may actually use it or not. So, if a shock has a measured exposed shaft body of 2.25, then that is the stroke length, yes? I mean that is exactly how manufacturers measure stroke length.
    You could be right. Before this entire 2" vs 2.25" with a 2" actual stroke came up I would have agreed. I measure the exposed shaft on my RP3 to be 2.25 but I guess its only using 2" of that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ah, would you be willing to part with that RP3?

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Ah, would you be willing to part with that RP3?
    Not at this time. I just built up my 575 at the beginning of the year, so I chose RP3 over DHX-Air not too long ago.

Who is John Galt?
    Why are you changing? Seems like the one you have would be a much better shock.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I have an RP3 I'm willing to part with....

I just pulled it off my 575. It is an 05 model and I had it rebuilt about 1.5 months ago. The shock is in great shape. Shoot me an email...

scotthefel@hotmail.com