mtbr member

Anyone else waiting for a 2014 575?

Ordered before Xmas.
    Date seems to keep getting pushed back.

Does anyone one have insight into when they will actually arrive?

(closeout SB66C prices are tempting...)

Long live the ASR-7
    I've been looking for one too. Jenson has them listed, but nothing in stock. They are the only online retailer I've seen with them listed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Ordered mine first of October
    date was mid February in October, currently its early march (as of Dec20)

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I also ordered mine in december and have been told "a few more wks" a few times now so looks like march it is. Strange thing is that i have yet to read one online review on this bike (vs the SB75 which has had plenty). The longer it takes the more i begin to start thinking about other bikes as i've never ridden a 575 and am taking a bit of a leap here..

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    The date has only changed from February to early march so that's only a couple of weeks difference, could be worse.

Once the 575 is available to be reviewed you'll see more about it
    Last edited by kbem; 01-09-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Added

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I had always heard Mid-Feb so early March isn't that big of a push back. According to John P.'s post in the "SB66 discontinued" thread, they have "tons" of orders for both SB75 and 575so hopefully the 575's will be out and available in large numbers by early-mid spring.

Personally I was all set to order a 575 but decided to wait until I could actually try one out, frankly also need to figure out if I can enough for my TBLTa to afford making the change

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I was curious as to why this bike was so quiet when it came to reviews. I just figured the SB bikes were everyone's darlings at this point.

I always skip over this bike when I do my dreaming because of the 75, 95, and Santa Cruz's similar options. Really looking forward to reading about, and trying the 27.5 575 to see what the changes have done to the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Just a little update, if anyone was waiting for these. My LBS is expecting a batch early next week. First few batches are all spoken for already from what I'm told. Won't stop me from snooping around a little bit though. Hopefully some of you guys with orders in will be hearing soon.

Really looking forward to hearing what people think as they get them!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Mine shipped today, will post pics when it's here

mtbr member
    Anxious to see pictures and hear the ride reports on the new 575. I think the ride will be excellent with the new 27.5 wheel set and other enhancements Yeti probably has made...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Pre build pic

Anyone else waiting for a 2014 575?-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kbem View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	229.9 KB 
ID:	869079
    Yes! The color I'd buy it in too! Very curious about this. I'm down to a Bronson or the new 575 and I'm curious to finally hear how the new version is. Does anyone know what they did to firm up the mid-stroke? Just a shock tune?

mtbr member
    kbem, or anyone with experience - help! The order I placed in December is still finally came in. The only reason it didn't just ship is that the debit card used was cancelled due to the Target hack.
    Yeah, it's been awhile.

Anyway, it the months since, I have not seen a single mention of how this bike performs, while I have read rave reviews about the Kona Process, Lapierre Spicy, etc.
    Feel like I am taking a chance. I would have less hesitation if the damn chain stays were shorter…

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    kbem, or anyone with experience - help! The order I placed in December is still finally came in. The only reason it didn't just ship is that the debit card used was cancelled due to the Target hack.
    Yeah, it's been awhile.

Anyway, it the months since, I have not seen a single mention of how this bike performs, while I have read rave reviews about the Kona Process, Lapierre Spicy, etc.
    Feel like I am taking a chance. I would have less hesitation if the damn chain stays were shorter…
    I'm no expert but based on what I've read they have simply tweaked the long standing (and tried and true) 575 design to work with 27.5 wheels. I would read reviews on the previous generation and if you like what you read I would think you'll dig it.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Actually, we completely redesigned the 575. There might be one or two tubes that are the same from the previous generation, but it's slightly longer, lower, and slacker than the old 575. We also screwed around with the kinematics a bit to give it a firmer ride so it will rail corners a little better than the old one. This also has the effect of keeping you up a little higher in your travel than older 575's, and the result is a bike that just wants to go faster and harder.

I've had a chance to ride everything in our range pretty thoroughly, and besides my beloved 66C, the 575 is my favorite bike.

JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

Long live the ASR-7
    Great, now I want one even more. Waiting for Competitive Cyclist to get them in stock so I can spec it with what I want/need. I've got a drivetrain and cockpit. Need wheels/tires and a fork(Pike).

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Actually, we completely redesigned the 575. There might be one or two tubes that are the same from the previous generation, but it's slightly longer, lower, and slacker than the old 575. We also screwed around with the kinematics a bit to give it a firmer ride so it will rail corners a little better than the old one. This also has the effect of keeping you up a little higher in your travel than older 575's, and the result is a bike that just wants to go faster and harder.

I've had a chance to ride everything in our range pretty thoroughly, and besides my beloved 66C, the 575 is my favorite bike.

JP
    Thanks for the clarification, sounds like its going to really fit what the market is asking for.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

JP
    Also, longer lower and slacker sounds good for going down but how have the changes impacted climbing performance?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Also, longer lower and slacker sounds good for going down but how have the changes impacted climbing performance?

Thanks!
    How about shorter CS...the one single geometry number I am not thrilled about...same goes for the Press Fit BB.

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough, as the interweb tells me there is a brown truck due to stop by today.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Anyone else waiting for a 2014 575?-img_2351.jpgI just got mine in at Go-Ride.com last night, sweet bike, yes they did change the leverage curve and shock tune to give a softer ride at slower speeds than the SB and has great mid stroke support. That plus the geometry should= awesome slow and high speed handling. This bike is for my wife, she is a ripper, the bike works much better at the speeds she rides. PS, stealth dropper routing is there if you look.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

JP

JP great reply, exactly what this bike needed and a total sleeper in your line. You guys nailed this one and it will impress many I am sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2351.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	869617I just got mine in at Go-Ride.com last night, sweet bike, yes they did change the leverage curve and shock tune to give a softer ride at slower speeds than the SB and has great mid stroke support. That plus the geometry should= awesome slow and high speed handling. This bike is for my wife, she is a ripper, the bike works much better at the speeds she rides. PS, stealth dropper routing is there if you look.
    Sweet. Mine is black, which I debated on switching to Turquoise. My wife was against the yellow till I showed her HOSSinHN's pics and she said it looks good…(of course)
    Anyway, start the build this weekend. Plenty of time to do it, as I can't see riding for a while with the amount of snow we have.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    So close to hitting the button to order one, still in the air between a 575 and a SB-75

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    27.6 lbs

Anyone else waiting for a 2014 575?-image.jpg
    Last edited by kbem; 02-16-2014 at 06:45 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Anyone with a new 575, can you tell if a Cane Creek Double Barrel Air would fit? Thanks