mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Anyone blown out the rear shock on their SB95?

I've been riding rigid/hardtail the last few months. Rode my SB95c today and can't tell the difference between climb and descend. Even in the parking lot they both feel the same. I don't remember it being that wayÖ.
    Front Range, Colorado
    Yeti SB95c
    Yeti ARC c
    9:zero:7 190mm

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    The '12 Fox RP23 that came on my 95a failed twice. Fox was great about warranty support but it was a PITA.

Both times it felt like the top-out was bad, like there was no damping in the last 5-10mm of the stroke.

If there's no difference in feeling between C and D on your bike I'd contact Fox about it. I did both of mine through their online/web-RMA-request.

After the second trip it was noticeably better than stock, almost like it was custom tuned for me.

Not as good as the Cane Creek DBAir I put on while the RP23 was away the second time, but really nice.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    The '12 Fox RP23 that came on my 95a failed twice. Fox was great about warranty support but it was a PITA.

Both times it felt like the top-out was bad, like there was no damping in the last 5-10mm of the stroke.

If there's no difference in feeling between C and D on your bike I'd contact Fox about it. I did both of mine through their online/web-RMA-request.

After the second trip it was noticeably better than stock, almost like it was custom tuned for me.

Not as good as the Cane Creek DBAir I put on while the RP23 was away the second time, but really nice.
    travel is smooth throughout the range, I just can't see or feel a difference from C -D
    Front Range, Colorado
    Yeti SB95c
    Yeti ARC c
    9:zero:7 190mm

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    travel is smooth throughout the range, I just can't see or feel a difference from C -D
    I'm assuming you've checked air pressure first, rule of thumb I heard was 20psi over your geared up riding weight. For me this is a problem because after about 20 miles of riding I'll loose 10-15psi, but once my shock gets down to 225psi It'll hold for days, just doesn't like holding 240psi. Reason I mention is there is a significant difference between C T & D when properly aired up for my weight, but the less PSI the less the difference between the positions.