mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Anymore 2012 SB66c closeout?

Are they available anymore? Anyone know where to find one?

Looking for a medium.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I doubt it. I picked up the last one (medium) from competitive cyclist back in November on sale, best bike decision I ever made. Probably makes better $en$e to buy a build and sell the parts you want to upgrade.

dave
    12 SB66c
    08 575

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    What the SB66 frame price?
    I bought the last slate gray ASR-5 for $1000.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Real how much better you like the 66 vs 575

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    Real how much better you like the 66 vs 575
    Hard to quantify how much more I like the 66 yet. Only got it on the trail in december, and have about a dozen rides, due to cold weather (I ride 30 deg+, for about 1.5 hrs before feet get too cold).

The biggest difference is how solid it feels - the stiffness of the rear end is much better than the 575. I don't feel any side to side flex over rocks and roots. Downhill, the 66 holds the line, no matter the terrain, much more so than 575.

The other immediate difference is the instant transfer of energy when you need to push hard up a hill. I almost never stand up on the 575, because of the "wallowing" feeling. On the 66, the suspension takes the force and puts it all into forward movement, not bouncing/sagging. Could have something to do with the new shock (RP23 non-CTD)) vs my 2008 RP23 (never serviced). I usually ride open on both bikes.

The 575 has a 140mm u-turn spring shock, took me a while to get used to and tune the Fox 150mm TALAS air shock. Still don't feel like I'm 100% dialed-in. The CTD doesn't do much for me, as NJ riding is constant ascending and descending, a long climb is 10 minutes on my home trail. I basically set it and leave it on all shock controls. Of course the reverb is a different story, constantly adjusting saddle height.

I am still working on getting the 575 back in service, since I moved over my X0 2x10 drivetrain to the 66. Bought an X7 3x10 crankset for the 575, building it up as a guest bike for my friends that come out to visit, and will do some more comps once it is ready.

The 66 is the first bike I've built from frame-up, so feel a special attachment and closeness, if you know what I mean! Looking forward to the Spring, and longer rides over more varied terrain.

dave
    12 SB66c
    08 575
    Last edited by rael; 02-02-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: dazed and confused

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOWL View Post
    What the SB66 frame price?
    I bought the last slate gray ASR-5 for $1000.
    sB66c was $2400 on closeout (down from $3000), though they just went up in price recently.