mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Any short people on a 95?

Thinking about my first 29r and the 95 looks like it will work. I'm 5'3" and concerned how the fit is with the big wheels.

Also wondering if it is worth the $800 to get the carbon. Looks like a pound lighter, not sure if there are any other benefits.

Appreciate any feedback.

mtbr member
    I'm 5'6 w a 30in inseam and think I'm on the borderline of minimum height for a 29er. The 95s top tube is high and could make it uncomfortable if you need to dismount in an emergency. The only 29er I know that has a super low top tube is the Kona Process 111 with a 26inch standover height.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hmmm I have a 29" inseam and I think that's is prob pretty good for 5'3". The sizing says 5'3" so I was optimistic I could get it t work with the inset headset to lower the front end.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm 5' 7.5" and ride a medium SB95 and have a 30" inseam. Very comfortable and don't think I'd want a small frame due to the shorter TT length. It looks huge (tall) due to the layout (high front end), but I've never had any clearance issues when dismounting or felt like I was too high up off the trail. Great ride and REALLY shines when pointed downhill (very controlled handling) - have used it for some cross country races in Texas that are really rough, but it is not a race bike at 30.5 lbs. I mainly use it for the rougher rooty courses without much climbing to drop my buddies on their carbon bikes Of course if there are sustained climbs, I have to work harder than they do. At your height, I wouldn't recommend Medium, but the small may be just the ticket. Borrow or demo one if you can first.