jna
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Another satisfied/impressed Yeti owner

I moved to Grand Junction Co last Saturday and when my bike was unloaded from the moving truck the rear triangle was damaged beyond repair. I took it to Ruby Canyon Cycles on Monday because they are the only Yeti dealer in town. They called me Tuesday to tell me Yeti was shipping a new rear triangle on Tuesday and I should be riding by Wednesday. I was impressed with the fast response from Yeti and on Wednesday they called to tell me it was ready. I was ridnig at Vail on Saturday with a new rear triangle. Thanks Yeti and Ruby Canyon Cycles.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Awesome customer service!

Ride on,
    Cris

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    What exactly happened to the triangle and how? Did the carbon flexpivots break?

Sissy Pants FTW Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    What exactly happened to the triangle and how? Did the carbon flexpivots break?
    Damaged while moving, as per OP i.e. not riding related damage.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Umm..okay, but I'd still like to know what happened. Moving damage is one thing if a grill fell on it or slid onto it and crushed it but if a floorlamp fell on it or another bike fell of it and snapped the carbon flex pivots, I'd like to know. It's a trend that can, if brought to the attention of Yeti (by enough customers) can lead to a better frame.

I'm not saying that happened but some more detail would be helpful to us all.

Who is John Galt?
    I'm wodnering if I should have gone through Yeti instead of Fox to get my shock fixed. It's been two weeks almost and still no ride! I can just feel my legs getting weaker! It's bad enough I've been considering buying a spare shock.
    What, me hurry?

jna
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Umm..okay, but I'd still like to know what happened. Moving damage is one thing if a grill fell on it or slid onto it and crushed it but if a floorlamp fell on it or another bike fell of it and snapped the carbon flex pivots, I'd like to know. It's a trend that can, if brought to the attention of Yeti (by enough customers) can lead to a better frame.

I'm not saying that happened but some more detail would be helpful to us all.
    The bike was riding in a 26' Penske Moving Van. The bike had both wheels removed and was laying on its side across a large wooden cradle that is used to hold auxilary fuel tanks for jet aircraft. There were a total of 4 bikes riding in and around this cradel and even though all were well protected the ride was so severe that one of the uprights of the cradle just slowly beat small dents into the top of the right chainstay. I opened the truck 4 times to check the load and all looked ok. The part of the cradle that damaged the bike was at least 1' away from the chainstay but the ride was so harsh that the cradle was moving enough to make contact. All bikes were wrappen in blankets and padding and none of the others were damaged, good thing though because the Yeti was the only one that had a replaceable triangle the other frames would have been toast. If I ever move again the Yeti will ride in the cab.

EDR
    can I assume you received a crash replacement offer at a much discounted price from a retail swingarm purchase or are you saying Yeti replaced it for free?

jna
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    can I assume you received a crash replacement offer at a much discounted price from a retail swingarm purchase or are you saying Yeti replaced it for free?
    Your assumption is correct, was not free, but was not retail either.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Boy, that was bad luck. I will not be putting my bikes in a moving van ever again. It was nice of Yeti to probably give you what I assume is dealer pricing on a part. Nice guys!

Hey Big Jim, it's a great idea to buy a backup shock and carry it on long trips far away from home. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, just buy a Float R and it will be around $200 or less (new) and around $100 used on Ebay. Let me know if you can't find one for less.

A backup shock, a derailleur hanger, and spare tube/tires, are a must, especially on trips but still nice in case something happens around home.

mtbr member

replacement stuff...

except for a spare Pushed Talas, all my 575 backup parts are on the SS. RS Revelation, riser bar, seatpost, saddle, hydro's, wheels and tires. However as much as I like my SS (and how amazingly quiet it is and simple to maintain, my Yeti is becoming the backup parts bike to the SS!