mtbr member

Another piece of some ASX action (PICS)

I have hit this drop/gap for the first time. It's about 9x10 feet, big for an old fart like me, so it was quite a challange. I managed to add a speck of style to it Sorry for the crappy quality... better quality here: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=li...touserid=15910
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Passion beyond reason!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    nice gorz! gaps are fun. Last friday I just stepped up to this thing on my AS-X. Scared the piss outta me (I'm old too) but it was sooo smoove and easy...

Our first road gap is complete

my buddy hitting the Little Sizzler road gap:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    nice gorz! gaps are fun. Last friday I just stepped up to this thing on my AS-X. Scared the piss outta me (I'm old too) but it was sooo smoove and easy...

Our first road gap is complete

my buddy hitting the Little Sizzler road gap:
    THANKS ! I thought noone will comment on this one.

this looks nice too! and much more challenging than mine, I wish we had a proper terrain here to build sth like that. Building tranny with shovels to the one I've hit, was already a great effort!

There is a lot of open space in front of yours (that's sth I don't like) but the landing is quite steep and long (ours quite flat and short:/ )so it's quite encouraging I guess the greatest problem with this things is assesing the speed, once someone else drops something and tells me how fast should I go, it's much easier for me to drop sth. Actually, it occured that I had to go much slower than I expected in order not to case it or go to far.
    Who did the test run of your gap ??
    Passion beyond reason!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm sure yours was a lot of work...actually looks like a nice landing pad I can definitely see how you could overshoot it though, which would be scary.

The one I hit has been around for a couple years. I'd never seen anyone hit it until this year, so once I saw some of my friends hitting it, it made it possible for me to think about. I'm with you - don't think I'd ever consider guinea-pigging something this big though. It's about 20' out x 15' down, with a super steep landing. So as long as you have the speed to clear it, and put down both wheels at the same time, you're pretty much guaranteed a safe landing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    I'm sure yours was a lot of work...actually looks like a nice landing pad I can definitely see how you could overshoot it though, which would be scary.

The one I hit has been around for a couple years. I'd never seen anyone hit it until this year, so once I saw some of my friends hitting it, it made it possible for me to think about. I'm with you - don't think I'd ever consider guinea-pigging something this big though. It's about 20' out x 15' down, with a super steep landing. So as long as you have the speed to clear it, and put down both wheels at the same time, you're pretty much guaranteed a safe landing.
    I saw the movie you posted in the other thread, this trail looks so sweet! nice vid!

btw. is your ASX noisy? I mean during landings, I 'm not hte smoothest rider but this noise can't be just my fault. I think it's the rear hub (XT), I think that it's free-wheel when pulled by chain when it grows during suspension compression. Did you notice sth similar ?
    Passion beyond reason!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Not that I've noticed - I've got a Ringle Abbah hub so it's noisy normally - it's got that 'card-in-the-spokes' braaaapp when you spin the freewheel, so I might not notice other noises as mmuch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by goRz
    I have hit this drop/gap for the first time. It's about 9x10 feet, big for an old fart like me, so it was quite a challange. I managed to add a speck of style to it Sorry for the crappy quality... better quality here: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=li...touserid=15910
    No sie ma [Grze]goRz (zgadlem?)

Dobrze, ze kliknalem na linka, bo inaczej nie domyslilbym sie, ze to z Polski. Z ciekawosci: ile masz lat i od kiedy FreeRajdujesz? Ja zaczalem pozno, bo dopiero w tym roku (na AS-X), a niedawno stuknelo mi 36, wiec wiem co masz na mysli... Przy okazji, tez mam na oku pare skokow, ktore kusza, ale do ktorych musze jeszcze "dorosnac".

Trzymaj sie,
    -Tomek

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz
    No sie ma [Grze]goRz (zgadlem?)

Dobrze, ze kliknalem na linka, bo inaczej nie domyslilbym sie, ze to z Polski. Z ciekawosci: ile masz lat i od kiedy FreeRajdujesz? Ja zaczalem pozno, bo dopiero w tym roku (na AS-X), a niedawno stuknelo mi 36, wiec wiem co masz na mysli... Przy okazji, tez mam na oku pare skokow, ktore kusza, ale do ktorych musze jeszcze "dorosnac".

Trzymaj sie,
    -Tomek
    nie lubię postować tu po polsku także napiszę w lengłidżu.

Poland, Poland that's right, however my name is not Grzegorz, but you're not hte first one who asked me about that As compared to you I'm not that old, cause I'm only 23, but when I watch all those young riders (16-17 yrs) I feel mentally old, i.e. that I've got too much imagination, common sense, when approaching different stunts I guess, i just need more time before I feel ready to hit sth.... I started riding more FR on the bieginning of 2005, before then I was more XC oriented....

I wonder how many people in Poland have ASXes, I thought I have the only one Btw. I'm selling mine tommorow, as I switching to "big bad Giant' Faith. I'll be missing this elite yeti board
    Passion beyond reason!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by goRz
    nie lubię postować tu po polsku tak że napiszę w lengłidżu.
    Fine with me. BTW, complements on your command of English!

my name is not Grzegorz, but you're not hte first one who asked me about that
    The only other thing I could make an association with "gorz" would be "gorzała" ;-)

As compared to you I'm not that old, cause I'm only 23, but when I watch all those young riders (16-17 yrs) I feel mentally old
    You must be kidding me, mate: my BMXing buddy is half my age = 18 years old (and he kicks my arse big time although we started same time, about a year ago), but as far as I remember, I used to be pretty crazy at your age, young man ;p

, i.e. that I've got too much imagination, common sense, when approaching different stunts
    I hear your pain, bro -- same here... :O

I guess, i just need more time before I feel ready to hit sth.... I started riding more FR on the bieginning of 2005, before then I was more XC oriented....
    This makes you a veteran by my standards, but we share common roots.

I wonder how many people in Poland have ASXes, I thought I have the only one
    You might very well be; I'm based in New Zealand (aren't many of 'em around here either).

Btw. I'm selling mine tommorow, as I switching to "big bad Giant' Faith.
    Why so?
    Last edited by Tomasz; 09-24-2006 at 11:51 PM.

mtbr member
    It was many things, few of them single pivot susp. and it drawbacks, flex ox the rear wheel plus my friend kubabike bought Faith 1 and I rode it few times. It impressed me, so I decided to switch back to giant. I should have bought Faith right away when I sold Reign, but I thought it's too heavy, very limited adjustment of seatpost etc. but it seems to suit my needs very well.. Anyways, it has finally happened. I sold my ASX and switched to Faith. So I'd like to say goodbye to all people on this board here are some shots from my first triop to mountains with Faith:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...83939#poststop
    Passion beyond reason!