mtbr member
    Nov 2007

All those bits I've swapped off my SB-66

I got the upgrade bug big time with my SB-66.

Because it is now running a Bos Deville, I have the Fox 32 150 sitting around doing nothing.

Because it is now running a Deville, I needed a wheel with a 20mm through axle and I have my 15mm wheel sitting around doing nothing and because I bought a set, I have a spare rear wheel too.

Because it is now running an Easton Havoc carbon bar and a shorter stem, I have an Easton Haven carbon bar sitting around doing nothing.

You get the picture.

Essentially I am a frame and a few bits away from having another bike. The question has now arisen whether I should buy a hard-core all mountain frame and move the Deville and associated bits onto that or whether I should buy another versatile long-travel trail frame and keep the aggro build on the SB-66.

Obviously I'd love to have a svelte SB-66c alongside my gnar SB-66a but that isn't going to happen for budget and availability reasons. I'm looking at a couple of frames that could fit the bill. One would definitely need to run the Deville for the geometry to work. The other would be best with the Fox.

So given that I'm heading in the direction of owning two 150/160 travel bikes, is the Yeti best suited as trail or all-mountain out of the pair?

[ Frames under consideration need to be available frame-only in the UK, with 142x12 rear end and suitable for either a 525 or 545mm A2C fork, so the choice is actually fairly limited. Happy to share my frame shortlist but I know these threads get distracted by that sort of thing.]

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    drop the fork to 130 and build up a ASR-5A or 5C.
    There are many good bike companies out there, and I work for one of them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BP307 View Post
    drop the fork to 130 and build up a ASR-5A or 5C.
    Nice suggestion. hadn't thought about the 142x12 chips being available on the 5. However I've already got a carbon 120mm bike so I'd just be moving the redundancy around.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk