mtbr member
    Nov 2007

After a Year of Riding My Yeti Arc C I've learned that...

I've needed to swap out parts to dial-in my ride i.e. saddle (3rd one did the trick), smaller chainring (28T for my 1x11), pedals (XTRs rule) - a riser bar is next to get me a bit more upright and maybe different grips...

I thought that after building up my bike with carefully hand-picked parts it would be perfect right out of the gate. That's definitely not true, it takes time to figure how you fit into your new bike and what needs to be tweaked to get the fit/ride just right.

A small word of advice for those that are doing their own first-time builds from the ground up - you probably will have to swap out parts as you get more familiar with your new bike. You'll tweak the seat height, experiment with stem lengths, tire sizes/pressures, brake positions, fork rebound, etc etc.

More experienced riders/builders have a more efficient process without a doubt. For me, after riding a full suspension 26 inch bike for a long time and moving to a hard-tail 29er was a big adjustment, but now I feel a lot more comfortable and confident then when I started - It's all part of the process!

China Camp Post ride pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After a Year of Riding My Yeti Arc C I've learned that...-yeti.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    What saddles did you try and finally ended up going with??

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Morgraw "Forsage" / Fizik Tundra M3 K:ium Rails / Fizik Gobi M3 Carbon Rails - Ended up with the Gobi, awesome saddle...