Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    35

    8" 575 for next summer?

    The guys at the local Yeti dealer said it was rumored Yeti would be releasing an 8" 575 for next summer. I guess it should be called an 800. Anyone else here these rumors?

  2. #2
    Bomber
    Reputation: audi0phile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    982
    some site made mention that they might start integrating their "cars and rails" from the 303 into more of there line (like the 575 and asx)

  3. #3
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,761
    That sounds cool... but I am still adapting to 5.75" of travel.... well maybe by the time it comes out I might be ready for it
    Last edited by crisillo; 10-14-2006 at 04:39 PM.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JustMtnB44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    500
    8" would be more in line with the ASX, not 575...but it would be interesting if they made a new FR bike based on the slider technology.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: twouareks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,181
    There's an article on Yeti in Velonews magazine (I'm not sure where to get it, a guy I work with subscribes to it) and there's mention of a 7" freeride bike designed with the rail technology is coming out next spring/summer.

  6. #6
    Awesomist™
    Reputation: Full Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,523
    Don't be stupid. That cars/rails thing is just a fad... it doesn't work at all.
    The older I get, the faster I was.





    Punch it, Chewie.

  7. #7
    clone
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    161
    I doubt the ASR frame design (of which the 575 is one) would support another +2" of travel - so it's unlikely we'll see an 8" version. Maybe a new design?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: krispy@go-ride.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,017

    2008

    I was riding by a lake the other day and a fish jumped out of the pond and told me that Yeti is working on 2 new long travel bikes.

    7" 303. a DH geo rail bike for pedaly DH courses. The top pros sometimes need a mini DH bike for courses like that German WC DH that was mostly pedaling at giant doubles, Sea Otter type courses, etc.

    ASR 7 A light pedalable 7" bike with ASR type pivot and linkage that is low swung on the frame. Could handle some jumps and rough DH riding.

    Or was i breathing so hard i got dizzy and became disoriented? Well both of these bikes make sense to me. The 303 is jigundo and the Yeti guys are hardcore climbers who would like more travel so they would all like to have an ASR 7 right? The ASX is getting a bit long in thre tooth right? lots of other companies are coming up with similar bikes right? Just because you make up a rumor doesn't mean it's not true right? I guess we'll see come spring. Can't wait!
    Currently enjoying life Giant Trance Advanced 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Giant STP

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: twouareks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy@go-ride.com
    I was riding by a lake the other day and a fish jumped out of the pond and told me that Yeti is working on 2 new long travel bikes.

    7" 303. a DH geo rail bike for pedaly DH courses. The top pros sometimes need a mini DH bike for courses like that German WC DH that was mostly pedaling at giant doubles, Sea Otter type courses, etc.

    ASR 7 A light pedalable 7" bike with ASR type pivot and linkage that is low swung on the frame. Could handle some jumps and rough DH riding.

    Or was i breathing so hard i got dizzy and became disoriented? Well both of these bikes make sense to me. The 303 is jigundo and the Yeti guys are hardcore climbers who would like more travel so they would all like to have an ASR 7 right? The ASX is getting a bit long in thre tooth right? lots of other companies are coming up with similar bikes right? Just because you make up a rumor doesn't mean it's not true right? I guess we'll see come spring. Can't wait!

    OOH! A 7" ASR sounds good to me.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    715
    sorry
    Last edited by NWfreeride; 01-26-2007 at 12:32 AM.

  11. #11
    Bomber
    Reputation: audi0phile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    982
    ...I've been craving more of a bike-park oriented rig...the 575 rocks the trails, but I want a shuttle toy too.....god bless yeti!

  12. #12
    Hi!!!
    Reputation: BelaySlave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,544
    Damn you Yeti for taking away our prodeal privileges!!!!


  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,416
    And here I thought the CIA had too many leaks

  14. #14
    Bomber
    Reputation: audi0phile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    982

    Try a LBS!

    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Damn you Yeti for taking away our prodeal privileges!!!!


    Aren't prodeals nice? Why don't you move over to a bike shop? If you are one of those managerial/cashier types, try performance, thats where I got my start and my yeti (even though they dont carry) and now look, I'm in love with my yeti and can turn a wrench!

  15. #15
    www.yetifan.com
    Reputation: Yetifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    722
    Everybody just keep and eye on the Sea Otter coverage......................

  16. #16
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetifan
    Everybody just keep and eye on the Sea Otter coverage......................

    Yeah I am waiting for that... why doesn't spring come faster

  17. #17
    Bomber
    Reputation: audi0phile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    982
    Or lets just go to the sea otter!

  18. #18
    Hi!!!
    Reputation: BelaySlave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by audi0phile
    Aren't prodeals nice? Why don't you move over to a bike shop? If you are one of those managerial/cashier types, try performance, thats where I got my start and my yeti (even though they dont carry) and now look, I'm in love with my yeti and can turn a wrench!
    I've been working parttime for REI for nearly 10 years and I only have to work one day a week most times although that is changing .

    We had Yeti for a handful of years up until last summer when both companies dissovled the agreement. Not too suprised though considering the type of company Yeti is and what REI is. Oh well at least I got my bike several years ago so I'm good for now. Although having an ASX in the stable would be nice. As well as a 303. Oh and maybe an ARC. Forgot about the DJ. .................. *sigh*

    We do get Ellsworth, Scott, Cannondale, Quintano Roo, K2 and some others. In a backdoor kind of way we can get Cove, Voodoo, Soma, Azonic and some others.

    Oh and Norco!!! If I am ever going to get another FS bike, it'll probably come from Norco. While they may not be as popular as Yeti here in the US....it does appear they make good bikes.

  19. #19
    Bomber
    Reputation: audi0phile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    I've been working parttime for REI for nearly 10 years and I only have to work one day a week most times although that is changing .

    We had Yeti for a handful of years up until last summer when both companies dissovled the agreement. Not too suprised though considering the type of company Yeti is and what REI is. Oh well at least I got my bike several years ago so I'm good for now. Although having an ASX in the stable would be nice. As well as a 303. Oh and maybe an ARC. Forgot about the DJ. .................. *sigh*

    We do get Ellsworth, Scott, Cannondale, Quintano Roo, K2 and some others. In a backdoor kind of way we can get Cove, Voodoo, Soma, Azonic and some others.

    Oh and Norco!!! If I am ever going to get another FS bike, it'll probably come from Norco. While they may not be as popular as Yeti here in the US....it does appear they make good bikes.

    I had no clue you were tied (directly) to so many bike companies. My local REI generally only has those silly novara's and some cannondales. I have only seen a yeti there once, and that was a 575. It seemed like the wrong bike for that kind of company (small company big retail) but ellsworth takes that even farther!

  20. #20
    ...
    Reputation: Porchsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    605

    The First rule...

    The first rule about fight club is that you do not talk about fight club.
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

  21. #21
    Bomber
    Reputation: audi0phile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Porchsong
    The first rule about fight club is that you do not talk about fight club.
    I am Jack's smirking sense of revenge.




    They should make a fight club movie about mtn biking, and illegal trails...one could only dream? What would we blow up? Would we fight eachother? Or race?



    Sorry for the thread jack

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    168
    I cant wait to see what Yeti announces at Sea otter..... If they do.

    I doubt it will look like an ASX, ASR or 575..... I bet they will use the rails like the 303, but it would need to be drastically reconfigured to fit a front derailleur.

    If you check Yeti's website, they are promoting/marketing "ZeroLoss" as its own entity not just the 303.

    I am guessing they are trying to fill a void between the 575 and the ASX, to compete with something like the Nomad.

    ASX is too heavy and is mainly for going big.... I never really liked the 575, too twitchy with cross country geometry and too wiggly for me.

    I think the single pivot works great on my ASR, but my ASX only pedals well in the big ring, and the chain growth is MASSIVE on my ASX. They definitelly need a Nomad competitor...

    Bikes like the Nomad can pedal and climb really well, and can really mob and jump moderately. Plus you can build them super light.
    I am a yeti addict, 8 in all:
    Currently built:
    ASR-SL, 575, DH9, Road Project, FRO
    Currently in Pieces:
    ASX, Lawill-6,ARC

  23. #23
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Junkie
    I never really liked the 575, too twitchy with cross country geometry and too wiggly for me.

    .
    the 575 feels wiggly to me too. but thats more of a 220+pound rider issue i think. I really like yeti geometry and I've never got on one that didn't fit like a glove.

    yeti's new management has made really good decisions over the past years. and I love their geometry. so I've got my fingers crossed that they'll make something that works for me. something that will mate well with a fox 36 that is in the 7 to 8 pound range.

  24. #24
    Rat Fink
    Reputation: mbmojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,138
    Can't very well be a 575 if it's an 800, can it?
    .
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    168
    I cant really do the 575. i have test ridden one at a yeti demo day for about 10miles and 2000foot of up/down.

    It didnt pedal too bad, but honestly, decending, i could not stand it, I felt much more comfortable descending on an ASR... that is what led me to get an asr instead of a 575 as a lighter full suspension CC bike. Seems to me like the geometry is really good for climbinbing , not descending, but the real problem is that it is way to noodley for me.... i am about 215lbs though, and i am not really a "gentle" rider. I know it works well for a lot of people, but i cant ride one.

    I am a die hard yeti fan, but the 575 is the only current yeti bike i simply cannot see myself riding.

    What i really want is the weight of a 575, but solid and stiff, with a slacker head tube, really good pedaling performance in all rings, a fox dhx air, 6.5" or so travel, and designed for a fox 36 but functional witha fox 40 fork.

    I always find myself indecisive about riding the ASR or the ASX and both are a compromise. I need the inbetween bike that is good at everything.

    If yeti cant fill that void i might actually buy a Nomad. The thing i hate though, is that i cant ride more than about 5 miles on the popular Santa Cruz trails in the daylight without seeing at least 3 Nomads. They are spreading like rabits.
    I am a yeti addict, 8 in all:
    Currently built:
    ASR-SL, 575, DH9, Road Project, FRO
    Currently in Pieces:
    ASX, Lawill-6,ARC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •