Stray Bullet

66RC2X on a 575?

Anyone fitted Marz 66 to a 575? This weekend I'm doing the Cannell Plunge this weekend and would prefer to ride my 575 over my AS-X but don't want to lose out on too much of the fun. Figure party (66) in the front and business (575) in the back could be the way to go.

Anyone see any problems with a slacked out 575?
    Last edited by Nagaredama; 11-15-2006 at 10:42 AM.

trail "cleaner"

which version of the 66

150mm or 170mm?? If it's the shorter version.... should be no issue. At 170mm........hmmmmm that might chopper it out too much if there's any climbing to be had. My .02
    No dabs allowed!

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmtncycler
    150mm or 170mm?? If it's the shorter version.... should be no issue. At 170mm........hmmmmm that might chopper it out too much if there's any climbing to be had. My .02
    It is the 170mm version. The Enduro kit is runs 160mm Fox fork. An extra 10mm isn't too bad.

trail "cleaner"

a couple of things.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    It is the 170mm version. The Enduro kit is runs 160mm Fox fork. An extra 10mm isn't too bad.
    well, axle to crown height for a fox fork is generally a lot shorter than a zocchi fork. But..... if you play around with the stem and lower your handlebars you might get away with it. I have a friend who had this problem and I had him flip his Thomson stem so that it ran a -5 degrees and it put his cockpit right where he wanted it. Not sure you're using a Thomson stem but you get the idea
    No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    No idea if it'll work but I'd love to hear how it turns out!
    I wanted to do the Cannell Plunge sooo bad when I was living in Fresno, I'm jealous. Should be a sick ride.

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    Man, I've got 140mm with my Pike 170mm makes me feel inadequate. No upgrade for me though, buying a road bike today.
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

Stray Bullet
    Putting the 66RC2X up front will give the bike similar geo to my AS-X but will be a ton lighter and pedal way better.

If anyone wants to know why I'm considering it...I've been too lazy to have my x-tra spring put in my Manipoo Nixon.

Before I leave I'll do a test fitting and see how it feels.