Try it, think about it

The 575's limits

I'm almos done building my 575, it's a 2007 with carbon chainstays.

I'm thinking a lot about it, since it'll be my only trailbike for a long while, so i'd like to have some feedback from anyone who's had experience with the first generation of 575's, specilly regarding it's design limits, that said, I'm courious about, in theory HOW FAST AND HARD CAN I RIDE IT whitout breaking it? I'll be using standard traibike wheels, so it all goes to good old 2007 standards.

My main regard is how airy can i get with this boy, I'm a 195 pounder.
    Always ride with someone better

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    220 here. It's limits are beyond my ability....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hill Teporingo View Post
    I'm almos done building my 575, it's a 2007 with carbon chainstays.

I'm thinking a lot about it, since it'll be my only trailbike for a long while, so i'd like to have some feedback from anyone who's had experience with the first generation of 575's, specilly regarding it's design limits, that said, I'm courious about, in theory HOW FAST AND HARD CAN I RIDE IT whitout breaking it? I'll be using standard traibike wheels, so it all goes to good old 2007 standards.

My main regard is how airy can i get with this boy, I'm a 195 pounder.
    If you try hard enough you can break it but why should you. Just ride it and consider it limitless. I learned so much on this bike (180 pounder). Smooth riders took even 6 footers on it but I just did 3 without any fear for the bike. Sure, I limeted my bike.

EDR
    Don't over-think it. Just ride it.

I've taken my old 575's down 5' drops with no issue. Those were to a steep tranny, I'm no trials rider. I've also beaten the heck out if it on hundreds of 2 and 3 footer to flat, and tons of chunky chunder at speed. My '08 finally gave up the ghost after 4 years of hard and not so hard riding. Aluminum does that. (it wasn't the CF that gave out)

My '05 took a good amount of abuse as well but I kept the wheels on the ground much more back then.
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 03-21-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Try it, think about it
    I believe that'll do.

Thank you very much.

what the quan?!
    It all comes down to more or less of how you ride... Can you handle landings with ease & finesse? I had an 09 carbon 575 that I could really push the limits on, and it just wanted to keep going. If I wasn't out on the trails killing with it, I was near my house in an industrial warehouse wasteland with some 5-6 foot high loading platforms/docks and stair cases; aka total flat landings.

Held up just fine, but the key is you gotta know how to land smoothly!

Look at those dirt jumper bros landing HUUUUGE jumps with no rear suspension at all.

mtbr member

No Limits on 2010 575

I have found that on my 2010 575 that there are no limits to how many times you can fly over the handlebars. The bike is solid!

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by KentM View Post
    I have found that on my 2010 575 that there are no limits to how many times you can fly over the handlebars. The bike is solid!
    Classic!

Try it, think about it
    I'mma review my skill sheet. Some strenght would come handy, that's for sure.