Thread: 575 Xl

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

575 Xl

I did a search on 575 in XL and found a few posts but I'm hoping to hear some feedback on anyone that rides an XL. I'm 6'2 and when I bought my 575 the biggest size available was a Large. Since then I have had a bike shop fit me to the bike and even added an offset seatpost. I also run a 115 stem and have to run lots of spacers.

Sometimes the bike just feels a little small to me. I have considered selling the frame and getting another 575 in XL.

Has anyone else made this move or originally just bought the XL? Why did you go with that size?

Seems like at 6'2 I'm right in between the L and XL on the sizing chart. I used to ride an ASR that was an XL(fit great) but that was a few years back.

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Most 6.2 guys get large. I'm 6.2 and ride XL 575 with a 100mm stem. Most of the time i'm glad i went with XL, but sume times i wish for a large. At our hight, you'll never be 100% sure. XL has a pretty long top tube, so the fit will depend on you proportions. One 6.2 tall guy would fill comfortable on it, another would not.

If you've riddent XL extensively and you definetely fill like you need a bigger frame, go for it. Otherwise stick with a large.

I would be equally happy with large or extra large.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by roman
    Most 6.2 guys get large. I'm 6.2 and ride XL 575 with a 100mm stem. Most of the time i'm glad i went with XL, but sume times i wish for a large. At our hight, you'll never be 100% sure. XL has a pretty long top tube, so the fit will depend on you proportions. One 6.2 tall guy would fill comfortable on it, another would not.

If you've riddent XL extensively and you definetely fill like you need a bigger frame, go for it. Otherwise stick with a large.

I would be equally happy with large or extra large.
    Thanks for responding.

What would you say your proportions are?

Myself, I have longer legs and arms.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Anyone else have a 575 in XL that can comment?

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I have an XL 575. I'm 6' 4", so I think that may be a slamdunk for an XL frame. I tried both a Large and XL in several test rides and just felt more comfortable on the XL. I have long arms and legs, but I probably could have been happy enough on either size bike. Most of the different shops I checked out didn't even consider a Large for me and immediately went to XL for test rides. They just aren't that common in shops though, so it meant a lot of driving around to be sure. I really love my 575 and thank the LBS every time I go in there for being so patient with me - I must have been by for 4 test rides at their shop alone.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    I have an XL 575. I'm 6' 4", so I think that may be a slamdunk for an XL frame. I tried both a Large and XL in several test rides and just felt more comfortable on the XL. I have long arms and legs, but I probably could have been happy enough on either size bike. Most of the different shops I checked out didn't even consider a Large for me and immediately went to XL for test rides. They just aren't that common in shops though, so it meant a lot of driving around to be sure. I really love my 575 and thank the LBS every time I go in there for being so patient with me - I must have been by for 4 test rides at their shop alone.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm 6'2" with long legs. Maybe I need to tweak my fit on the bike a little more. Stem, seat position that sort thing. I know one thing though. I'm going back to my Salsa grips as these Oury's make my hands hurt.