mtbr member
    Jun 2012

575 w/ DHX Air 5.0

Anyone ever try this setup? If so, thoughts? I hear a lot of mixed things about running HV cans with the 575

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    i had on mine as original set up and rode it for over a year. Just changed to a push'd rp23 last week and what a difference! I wouldnt go back...
    I mostly ride xc

mtbr member
    Mine came that way. Worst shock I've ever ridden, including those stupid undamped elastomer jobs from the early 90s.

with 300 psi in the main spring, 175 in the boost, the BO all the way in and pro pedal on 14 out or 15 clicks, I could bottom it out by pedaling hard.

I'd chose literally anything else over a dhxa

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    It's crazy how many bad stories there are of the DHX/575 combo. Figured I'd snag a new CTD w/ boostvalve and TJ off ebay last night

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    Get a monarch plus rc3...much better.

My 7 originally came with a DHX Air 5.0. It was punked out and made the bike climb like a dog (full disclosure: bought a demo; however, this was a shock with less than a years riding on it and it needed some serious work). Bike wallowed on every g-out. Went to DHX 4.0 coil (ebay). Better mid-stroke performance, but the pro-pedal significantly affected small bump performance. Great for DH, but not for UH . Got a PUSH'd Monarch Plus RC3...complete transformation. Of course it was a custom shock, but still very linear and worked great up and down. I imagine that the off-the-shelf version would be 75% of that performance. Very reliable. Get one. Also check out the Monarch RT3 if you do not need the extended DH performance.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

www.yeticycles.com