mtbr member

575 vs Ellsworth Epiphany?

Does anyone have any experience riding both the 575 and the Ellsworth Epiphany? Please don't re-hash all the Ellsworth customer service horror stories. I've read them all. I'm looking for head-to-head riding experiences that anyone may have.
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

Was that a Bobcat?
    Just out of curiousity, why are you replacing your 575?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amor587
    Just out of curiousity, why are you replacing your 575?
    I fall in between sizes (I'm 5' 11.5"). I bought the L, but now feel the top tube is too long and I don't like the way it handles with a 75mm stem. A medium 575 is still on my list, but I'm also looking around at other options. Here's my list:

Yeti 575 size M
    Ellsworth Epiphany
    Ventana El Ciclon
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

Was that a Bobcat?
    Makes sense.... you have a pretty nice list of steeds there, I hope you find the one that fits the bill. It looks like you won't go wrong with either of your choices.

mutaullyassuredsuffering

sort-of

I've ridden the Truth and the ASR-SL. I loved the suspension on the Truth! I was looking for a race bike, so the Truth didn't fit the bill, but it was fun to ride. If I was in the market for a trail-bike the Epiphany would be up there with the 575. I just love how plush the Ellsworth suspension is, yet it will not bob. I think The RP3/23 does not have that magic feel.