Who is John Galt?

575 shock installation

How hard can it be to install a 575 shock? My RP3 died after a month of use, so I took the bike to the LBS and let them deal with Fox. After two weeks of waiting I leaned on Fox and they shipped it back a couple days later. On Friday I heard from the LBS that when they were pressing the bearings on one of them just "exploded." Now I'm waiting for new bearings which they will have to get from Yeti. Beginning to wonder if this bike is jinxed!
    What, me hurry?

Salad Days
    Not surprising, my LBS is worthless for service too and dealing with the 575 shock link is a pain.

Who is John Galt?
    So is it easy to screw up the bearings like they did? Usually this shop is pretty good but I'm pretty sure this is the first Yeti they've seen.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    All they need is a brain, some inginuity (to fabricate their own 'linkage tool') and the setup instructions which they could have downloaded off Yeti's site. Pretty hard to screw up if you are patient and can follow written directions.
    Yeti | RST | Hayes | SixSixOne | Royal Racing | Syncros | Twenty6 | Kenda | Bicycle Butler Spokane, WA

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism

It's a pain to take the shock off and on.

It's a pain. Using the Yeti tool helps (it's like $20 off the website) as it works easier then trying to jury-rig something.

Took a friend and I several hours to do (with sockets and long bolts) and we wrecked a bearing.

Serious pain in the ass.

Enduro fork seals sells a bearing kit that's pretty nice.

Oni