Thread: 575 Reviews?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

575 Reviews?

It seems odd to me that there are no on-line (or print for that matter) reviews for the new 575. Sure there are a few quicky posts from the bike shows, but nothing serious.

The bike was rolled out in the fall, but there hasn't been a peep about this bike on the big web-zines like Vital, Pinkbike, NSMB, BIKE, etc.

Is Yeti trying to keep the bike a secret? Did they lay off their marketing dept, or just spend all their marketing money sending Joey around for another video shoot (he can make riding a Schwinn in the glowing twilight look awesome, but...)?

Even their website has reviews attached to the new 575 that were written for the old model (which is misleading at best), and the pdf owners manual is for the old bike.

Are the wheels falling off at Yeti? Or does the Yeti hibernate in winter? I'm disappointed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by uberstein View Post
    It seems odd to me that there are no on-line (or print for that matter) reviews for the new 575. Sure there are a few quicky posts from the bike shows, but nothing serious.

The bike was rolled out in the fall, but there hasn't been a peep about this bike on the big web-zines like Vital, Pinkbike, NSMB, BIKE, etc.

Is Yeti trying to keep the bike a secret? Did they lay off their marketing dept, or just spend all their marketing money sending Joey around for another video shoot (he can make riding a Schwinn in the glowing twilight look awesome, but...)?

Even their website has reviews attached to the new 575 that were written for the old model (which is misleading at best), and the pdf owners manual is for the old bike.

Are the wheels falling off at Yeti? Or does the Yeti hibernate in winter? I'm disappointed.
    It's an old suspension design. The web reviewers will tend to ficus in the newest, since that's usually what drives traffic. It rides like the 26 model but on bigger wheels. It's a nice bike. If you want a single pivot 650b bike, you can't go wrong with the 575

mtbr member
    May 2012

2014 575 review

Aussie mag, Revolution, has a review in its latest issue (R34) and they seemed very impressed with it. I think the magazine is available on ZINIO for overseas readers. (And no i don't work for the magazine!)
    Cheers,
    JW

Quote Originally Posted by uberstein View Post

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Juz1970 View Post
    Aussie mag, Revolution, has a review in its latest issue (R34) and they seemed very impressed with it. I think the magazine is available on ZINIO for overseas readers. (And no i don't work for the magazine!)
    Cheers,
    JW

Hi, I'm the guy who does work for revolution, and wrote the 575 review! =)

Revolution mag is Australia's best DH and Enduro/trail/ AM magazine.
    You can down load the mag using our app on the App Store. It's an excellent online ( and hard copy) mag, and we are very proud of it. I hope you guys check us out!

I had the 2014 yeti 575 for just under a month, and rode it almost daily. Revolution mag is based here in the blue mountains, which is about 3600ft in altitude. Google "the three sisters, blue mountains, Australia", if you want to see our local riding terrain. It's big, gnarly, & steep. You'd all dig it!
    The new 575 was redesigned from the ground up specifically for the bigger wheels. Despite being aluminium, it's a superb bike by any measure. Yeti's Single pivot just works. As I mention in the article, you can't argue with the laws of mechanical physics. The 2014 575 is a great bike! I don't get paid by yeti, nor any manufacturer; our mag says exactly what we think. We just ride bikes ( hard), and write about em'. I hope you find our mag and enjoy it. =)

Long live the ASR-7
    Pinkbike took it with them to Sedona during their big review. They haven't put it on the site yet. I'm hoping to ride one soon.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    can't imagine it being any less awesome than the 26" 575

I'd still be on one if it weren't for the SB-66 and know at least 2 people on my street who own 575s, pretty classic and iconic bike that will continue to keep riding well.

mtbr member
    Tim, I checked in out - the Mag looks impressive. Do you happen to know the best way to subscribe on a nook? (It dawned on my, the nook, Barnes & Noble's e-reader might not be available in Australia)

I have a 575 frame in the stand in my basement, slowly being built, as the winter refuse to give us a break. So far, I have had to warranty the Fox 34 for it, and now the WTB tires. (the tires were crunchy - if you squeezed the mounted tire, it made a crunching sound. Weird. WTB asked me to send them in.)

I rode yesterday for the first time in over a month, only to have it snow again last night.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Cool-blue Rhythm

Hi BD Keg,

We own an SB66 Carbon too, (with XO and new Pikes), and it's sensational, (but it's a size "small" and doesn't fit me (I'm 6"1)). If the SB66 were made into a proper 27.5 like the 575, then I'd seriously consider it. I appreciate Yeti's intent with the SB75 however I think some evolution is required before its better "all-round" than the 575, and a true 27.5 successor to the SB66.

Hi Reformed Roadie!
    Your new 575? excellent!!! hope you love it! I had new Pikes on our 575, so I can't comment on the bike's dynamics with Fox 34's, however it's a matter of personal taste and resources; (We are just lucky that our Australian Importer supplies the bike with Pikes). There's nothing actually wrong with the 34's so I hope Fox do the right thing for you and it's all resolved happily.

I don't know if our magazine app will operate on Nook, I will check and update you.

In the meantime, you might enjoy our web page, linked below. We update the page monthly and it's basically a "mini" taster for the magazine. The site includes small blogs and other articles, plus all contact links. Hope it makes you grin, and the snow lets up so you can get out riding!

Revolution MTB Magazine | Australia & NZ's No.1 MTB Magazine

Later,
    Tim.