mtbr member

575 review on Pinkbike

Yeti 575 - Review - Pinkbike

Sounds like they could have popped a volume spacer in the air can and had much better results.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Agreed.

mtbr member
    "With a weight of 30 pounds without pedals, the 575 isn't lightest trail bike around, but it turned out to be a solid performer when it came to slower speed, technical climbs, scrambling and clawing its way up the most chopped up features we pointed it at. We spent time clambering up the sandstone rocks in Sedona, as well as grinding through mud and slippery roots in the Pacific Northwest, and in each setting the 575 held its own...

When the speeds dropped the 575's manners improved, with very neutral handling that didn't require anything out of the ordinary to navigate it along the tight, root strewn trails that we took it on back in the Pacific Northwest. "

So it blows through it's travel at high-speed chunky terrain. That tells me that having the shock tuned properly will yield a pretty kick-ass bike.

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    So it blows through it's travel at high-speed chunky terrain. That tells me that having the shock tuned properly will yield a pretty kick-ass bike.

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks...
    I'm curious to hear what your finding are.

This quote in particularly from the review made me think 'needs a Volume Spacer'!
    - "The rear suspension has a very linear feel, and although it never bottomed out harshly, it seemed more eager to go through its travel than we would have liked."

According to PB's review, seems that the performance characteristics haven't changed much between the 26" wheeled 575 to the new 27.5" version. And that said, I found putting a volume spacer in my 575-26" helped cure just what PB said they had issues with.

I just have to say: IMO, the 575 should not be compared to the SB bikes. The 575 is your classic platform, simple suspension and lighter weight option Yeti AM/trail bike (alum model). And although the single pivot suspension (or Yeti's ASR) is aged, its still a well-capable performer in today's standards and is fun to ride in just about any terrain type.