Thread: 575 questions!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

New question here. 575 questions!

My Tomac Eli broke about a week ago (maybe not a surprise ), and I need a replacement. I’m seriously thinking of the 575 , but I have some questions:

I’m 6’4’’, I have the AS-X as a freeride bike, size L. According to Yeti I should go for a XL 575, but the 25,2’’ top tube seams a bit long regarding my AS-X has a 24 top tube. Suggestions anyone? My Tomac had a 25 something toptube, but that matched the more XC feel of that bike. I’ll use the bike for technical single track stuff, up and down. And I try to stay away from fire roads as much as possible.

I’m 210lbs and will be fitting my U-Turn Air on my new frame. Should I go for the RP3 (or RP23) or the DHX Air?

Thanks!

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by AS-X
    My Tomac Eli broke about a week ago (maybe not a surprise ), and I need a replacement. I’m seriously thinking of the 575 , but I have some questions:

I’m 6’4’’, I have the AS-X as a freeride bike, size L. According to Yeti I should go for a XL 575, but the 25,2’’ top tube seams a bit long regarding my AS-X has a 24 top tube. Suggestions anyone? My Tomac had a 25 something toptube, but that matched the more XC feel of that bike. I’ll use the bike for technical single track stuff, up and down. And I try to stay away from fire roads as much as possible.

I’m 210lbs and will be fitting my U-Turn Air on my new frame. Should I go for the RP3 (or RP23) or the DHX Air?

Thanks!
    I think the reason Yeti started making the XL in the 575 was because people with your size were saying thats what they wanted. I am 6' and fit great on the Large. If I were your size I would probably opt for the XL. RP23 is a great shock but the DHX Air has bottom resistant settings I believe. At 210# though I would think that the RP23 would be fine. IMHO

Bad Case of the Mondays
    I’m 6’4’’, I have the AS-X as a freeride bike, size L. According to Yeti I should go for a XL 575, but the 25,2’’ top tube seams a bit long regarding my AS-X has a 24 top tube. Suggestions anyone?
    Like iviguy, I'm 6' and the Large is good for me. At 6'4", I'd steer you towards the XL. If you are worried about the top tube length, go with a shorter stem (I did with my Large). I think you'd have a whole lot of seatpost exposed if you went with a Large, although it might feel better on DH/technical type stuff.

I'd say RP23. The pressure that bigger guys like you & I have to run in the DHX-Air scares me. Its also considerably heavier than the RP23, although weight isn't a big deal to me. The RP3 I have is a solid performer, and I like the ease of setup with it compared to the DHX-Air.

The other big issue to me (a non-issue to others) is that PUSH does not ever plan on working on the DHX-Air. After having my last bike PUSH'd, I know that I'll be having my 575 worked on as soon as ski season starts.