Nightriding rules SuperModerator

575 project stalled

Hi!

It seems my 575 will have to wait. Apparently Yeti's boxes are over the maximum size USPS will take for international packages, so my friend in the US is not able to forward it to me. So my 575 project will have to wait.

However on a high note, the guys at Full Cycles were extremely cool and said that they will take it back without question. So I guess I will have to wait to be part of the Tribe

On another high note, I received the wheels for the "to be 575", Hope Pro 2's on DT 5.1 and they look awesome. Chain Reaction Cycles got them custom build and delivered in 3 days, which I find pretty amazing.

Anyway, just wanted to share...

Ride on,
    Cris

Hi!!!
    Have you tried FedEx or UPS or DHL?
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Yeah I did... all of them were close to $300 and that plus VAT here in Germany would kill the deal. So I will swallow the ground shipping costs within the US for the return and wait for another chance.

Cheers,
    Cris

mtbr member
    they sell yeti in the UK, can't you order one over there and have it shipped without having to deal with overseas shipping??? i see store ads for yetis in all of the UK MTB mags. if the price is more it will compensate for the money you will save on shipping.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Hi!

It seems my 575 will have to wait. Apparently Yeti's boxes are over the maximum size USPS will take for international packages, so my friend in the US is not able to forward it to me. So my 575 project will have to wait.

However on a high note, the guys at Full Cycles were extremely cool and said that they will take it back without question. So I guess I will have to wait to be part of the Tribe

On another high note, I received the wheels for the "to be 575", Hope Pro 2's on DT 5.1 and they look awesome. Chain Reaction Cycles got them custom build and delivered in 3 days, which I find pretty amazing.

Anyway, just wanted to share...

Ride on,
    Cris
    What would it cost to have it sent to you via airport to airport? We do door to door shipping and all the courier does is take the package to the airport and put it on a flight. It gets picked up at the destination...

Well I checked some options around, and I even have a friend in the states this days for a conference, but I checked the airlines' baggage regulations and most of them won't allow AT ALL, a package of the size of the frame's box. I am kind of bummed out, but I may try the German dealer, since it seems when taking into account oversize international shipping it might be best to get it here.

Thanks for the suggestions, but if I am not mistaken it should be shortly on the way back to Oregon.

Cheers,
    Cris

Quote Originally Posted by Tejas Mtb
    they sell yeti in the UK, can't you order one over there and have it shipped without having to deal with overseas shipping??? i see store ads for yetis in all of the UK MTB mags. if the price is more it will compensate for the money you will save on shipping.
    Tejas,

They sell Yeti here too, it was just that it seemed I could get a better deal from the states. However I guess at least this time it wasn't meant to be. At least I got a new set of wheels that I might start using, and the Pike will have to stay in the box for a little while (not long I hope)

Cheers,
    Cris

Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    What would it cost to have it sent to you via airport to airport? We do door to door shipping and all the courier does is take the package to the airport and put it on a flight. It gets picked up at the destination...
    I have stalled my friend and will check out the Airport 2 Airport deal. If you could give me some pointers I would appreciatte it.

Cheers,
    Cris

banned
    What about buying a bike case and having the frame either shipped or run airport to airport using it?

I am looking at other solutions right now. Since the problem is volume, I am going to ask a local shop (to my friend) to take off the rear triangle, that way we can repack it in less space. I will see how that turns out. If still it is too big, I will have to look at other options or even return it. But I feel confident that with the rear triangle off, the package volume will be reduced.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will keep you guys posted.

Cheers,
    Cris

Update

The 575 is on the way! Project in progress!!! The rear triangle was taken off and the frame was shipped today.

I will post pics once I get (hopefully Friday)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Cheers,
    Cris
    Last edited by crisillo; 08-09-2006 at 02:33 PM.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    SWEET! Congrats Crisillo...

Can't wait to see pics of your new pride and joy!

Thanks, JSD!

I hope to get things running during the next week. I had bought a Pike on ebay but the Motion Control wasn't locking, so the seller is taking care of it, hopefully next week I will get the fork again, so I can build my baby :-D

Cheers,
    Cris

The frame arrived!!!! Pics and update here.

Cheers,
    Cris