Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 575 opinions

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

575 opinions

So I have been researching bikes for a while and am pretty sure that I have decided on the 575 in no small part to the great reviews here. A few questions though.

I am considering purchasing from fullcycles and having it delivered as they seem to be highly regarded here. I am looking at the Enduro Kit there. Are there any specific upgrades from that, that you wished that you had upgraded from the start?

They also have a demo 575 that is for sale that is the 2006 model. What are the differences in the 2006 build or frame? Do you think this option should be considered providing they have my size?

One last thing. I am usually not a fan of ebay but saw this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Yeti-575-w-...QQcmdZViewItem

I am not sure what I think of it as it seems like a nice build for a similar price as a new Enduro. They say it is from this board...any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Ti is addictive
    Can't go wrong with Full Cycles. Visited them in my travels this summer. Good deals and very solid in their knowledge.

Demo's can be a great deal(as is buying used), but typical buyer beware.......(never know who rode it and what was done to it........).

Enduro kit looks decent, put the world is your oyster as to what you want to put on it, budget information would be best and what type of riding style would also be good to know as to make a weight weinnee ride, or a more aggressive trail bike......

Who is John Galt?
    I upgraded to Juicy 7 brakes and Nevegal tires. One thing i wish I had gone with was better wheels, especially in the rear. Not that I mind the wheelset, it's the hub I don't like. It takes too long to engage. down the road I am going to upgrade these. Not real sure I like the Vanilla fork either, consider the Float or Talas. Other than that I can't think of a thing I would change on this bike. Oh, maybe go with some Stans in the wheels too, maybe Will would do that for you as it can be difficult. Good folks to deal with and you won't get a better price, believe me I did the homework.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Definitely call WIll. I know he has several in stock that he can really give you a good deal on. Please upgrade the fork and wheels if possible. There are so many options but a Talas RLC and some UST wheels would be a minimum upgrade I woudl consider.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Another positive vote for full cycles!

Regarding the change in model year the only difference might be the shock, newer bikes come with RP23 while older ones with RP3..

However I about my frame from them a couple months ago and it came already with RP23... it would be best if you call and ask, also ask about dealing with warranty, for your peace of mind...

With upgrades, I would recommend a Pike, Revelation or Talas, and some nice wheels...

Rat Fink
    Check with your dealer on the fork. When I bought mine in '05, factory fork upgrades were available for very attractive prices.
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Great info, I really do appreciate it so much and you have made me do loads more research.

Sounds like the common suggestion to update the fork at the minimum. My short list includes Pike UTurn air or Talas RLC? I have searched on here lots but any further suggestions would be great. (I am 155lbs intermediate more concerned with performance than lightness.)

Another common theme seems to be the wheels. There are just so many options it seems. Any specific suggestions that this dealer could provide or reviews that I should research would be great.

Money is of coarse a big concern, but I would hate to wish that I had upgraded form the start.

I personally prefer the Pike which would be a great option if you plan on getting a "non-kit" wheelset.

I suppose that the guys at full cycles could get/build whatever you want. I run Hope Pro 2 hubs with DT Swiss 5.1d rims on mine, and no complaints so far...

mtbr member

Talas or Pike

Haven't ridden the Pike yet, but the Talas 140 works very well with my intermediate skills/160 lbs, and complements the RP23 rear well. The quick travel adjust is a major improvement over my 06 talas, and makes it much more useable. I find myself using it more than I expected. Have only a 1/2 season on it, so can't comment on durability yet. Zero disk rub tells me it probably is a bit stiffer than the older models.

Good luck!

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Can't go wrong with Full Cycles. Visited them in my travels this summer. Good deals and very solid in their knowledge.

I spoke with Will yesterday about his demo 575s. He said he had one left, but I need a small.

I got a good vibe off him over the phone, and the kicker is he said that the demo bikes had never seen the dirt. For the most part they were floor models.

He offered a good deal on a small 07 model.

My suggestion is to call him, no harm in a phone call.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Livin' the Dream
    You need to re-check that listing on ebay, he dropped his price to 2200. Pretty sweet deal at that, but you may be able to get if for 2k even. That would be vary nize!

Bomber
    I opted for the enduro kit so as to dump money on a nice wheelset. I went with a burlier rim and still lost 1/4 pound. I also am thinking about throwing on a maverick DUC 32, I know one guy who has it on a 575 and said it complemented the bike perfectly since its not as tall as the 36, but super plush, only downside is its a hassle to set up for oneself. If you have mechanic skills or a sweet shop mechanic who knows/can spend time with you, then you might consider that fork.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Yeah I saw the new listing off ebay for that bike

seems like a good deal, but I am scared about the small dent as well as the fact that I would not have any warrenty right?

I am going to give Will a call today and see what he has to offer.

Thanks everyone

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielM3
    Great info, I really do appreciate it so much and you have made me do loads more research.

Sounds like the common suggestion to update the fork at the minimum. My short list includes Pike UTurn air or Talas RLC? I have searched on here lots but any further suggestions would be great. (I am 155lbs intermediate more concerned with performance than lightness.)

Another common theme seems to be the wheels. There are just so many options it seems. Any specific suggestions that this dealer could provide or reviews that I should research would be great.

Money is of coarse a big concern, but I would hate to wish that I had upgraded form the start.
    Fork and wheels are exactly what I upgraded first on my Enduro 575. I had the shop swap out the Vanilla for the Talas RLC, and then bought a wheelset from http://www.oddsandendos.com . They are Velocity VXC rims laced to WTB Laser Disc Lite hubs. These are great wheels for a very decent price and Mike at Oddsandendos is a great wheel builder who is more than willing to take the time to talk to you on the phone.
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielM3
    So I have been researching bikes for a while and am pretty sure that I have decided on the 575 in no small part to the great reviews here. A few questions though.

I am considering purchasing from fullcycles and having it delivered as they seem to be highly regarded here. I am looking at the Enduro Kit there. Are there any specific upgrades from that, that you wished that you had upgraded from the start?

They also have a demo 575 that is for sale that is the 2006 model. What are the differences in the 2006 build or frame? Do you think this option should be considered providing they have my size?

One last thing. I am usually not a fan of ebay but saw this listing:

I am not sure what I think of it as it seems like a nice build for a similar price as a new Enduro. They say it is from this board...any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Buy that demo.. I bought a demo from Will and the thing looked brand spanking new when it arrived. Will has been excellent to work with too.

Here are some additions I would suggest:
    - I like the RS Revelation Air U-Turn but if you want a maintenance free, worry free shock, keep the Vanilla.
    - Ditch the tires and get some CrossMark's
    - If you can afford it get some better wheels, but the ones that come with it are decent.
    - The Shimano 959 pedals rock if you don't have any.
    - The saddle is cool but hard. Choose whether you want a cool looking hard saddle or a not as cool looking comfy saddle.
    - The stock seatpost collar SUCKS. Get Will to replace it with a Salsa or Hope collar.

Good luck, let us see what it looks like when you get it. Will is AWESOME to work with and he will go out of his way to accomodate you.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelninja
    Fork and wheels are exactly what I upgraded first on my Enduro 575. I had the shop swap out the Vanilla for the Talas RLC, and then bought a wheelset from http://www.oddsandendos.com . They are Velocity VXC rims laced to WTB Laser Disc Lite hubs. These are great wheels for a very decent price and Mike at Oddsandendos is a great wheel builder who is more than willing to take the time to talk to you on the phone.
    Can you tell what you spent on that? PM me if you don't want to say it on the board. I am interested in doing this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    Can you tell what you spent on that? PM me if you don't want to say it on the board. I am interested in doing this in the future.
    According to the site, the wheelset goes for $380 shipped in the US...

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    Will is AWESOME to work with and he will go out of his way to accomodate you.
    As I said I got a good vibe off of him.

WRT that $2200 eBay bike, I would talk to Will. For just a few clams more he offered to put me in a brand new (with warrantee) '07.....
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Positive Vibe Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeMojo
    As I said I got a good vibe off of him.

WRT that $2200 eBay bike, I would talk to Will. For just a few clams more he offered to put me in a brand new (with warrantee) '07.....

I've seen you post on Mojo, you thinking of a 575? BTW, I'm in ATX & love it on the trails around here.
    If you are gunna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    According to the site, the wheelset goes for $380 shipped in the US...
    I think I paid just a few bucks less, but this was early last year and I think he gave me the previous year's prices too, since I was a repeat customer.

Also, note that the prices he lists are with shipping included. You can't beat his prices for hand built wheels.
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanerPVT
    I've seen you post on Mojo, you thinking of a 575? BTW, I'm in ATX & love it on the trails around here.

I have tried the ASR-SL and was impressed.

I am planning to go visit anthonys (aka Singlespeedster) and Icegeek (aka davem) in Colorado next year. For the price I might as well buy rather than rent.

The 575 couldn't be any more different than my current rides. But that is some of the interest. I learned a while ago that when looking at a new bike get something very different each time.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Was that a Bobcat?
    Bikemojo.... I like your thoughts on new bikes:

"I learned a while ago that when looking at a new bike get something very different each time."

Pretty good advice, I'd pass that to friends in the future.

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by amor587
    Bikemojo.... I like your thoughts on new bikes:

"I learned a while ago that when looking at a new bike get something very different each time."

Pretty good advice, I'd pass that to friends in the future.

My bike mechanic, and riding buddy told me that when I was in the market for a SS.

The implication is that when riding the different bikes your body will know the difference, and you will ride accordingly.

You can ride two different bikes, on the same trail, but it will be different...

I don't know if I am explaining this well, but I am sure that you get the point.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Jeez, Bike Mojo- can you change that avatar? It's creepy as hell

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Jeez, Bike Mojo- can you change that avatar? It's creepy as hell

You don't like my picture? You should see me in a thong. (nobody complains about my face then)
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast