mtbr member
    Sep 2004

575 dhx-air question?

Does anyone on this forum own a 575 with a dhx-air 5.0. If so what are your impressions and what do you weigh? I'm wondering if my 230lbs of body weight will be too much for it, ie sag etc. thanks marc
    Last edited by stokerslo; 10-19-2006 at 08:09 PM.

HYH
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    There are heavier riders out there than you. The DHX Air I'm sure will handle your weight. The question is what type of riding do you do?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks ,
    Last edited by stokerslo; 10-20-2006 at 06:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HYH
    There are heavier riders out there than you. The DHX Air I'm sure will handle your weight. The question is what type of riding do you do?
    thanks again. I have done the research in terms of my riding style vs. what the dhx air has to offer. The problem is that i have heard that to achieve proper sag approx 25% I will need like 275 to 300+ lbs in the main chamber. this is the max that the dhx can handle acc. to fox's website. It sound scary to run that much pressure in ther shock. i was hoping to get some real world verification of this on the 575. thanks marc

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I am actually a good deal bigger than you (about 270) and run a DHX air also on my 575. I run it at right about 290/295. I called Fox 2x and Yeti 2x before I got it to make sure that I wasn't nuts for getting that set up for me. Both assured me that both the shock and the frame will work fine with those high pressures. The 575 does run through its travel more than other bikes by virtue of its design, and it will actually work a bit better with about 30% sag. I almost always run through my entire range of travel when I ride it, but never bottom it out with a nasty clunk or anything, its always progressive and smooth.

I would suggest calling Yeti and speaking with them directly to make sure that your riding style will fit that shock set up.

I hope that helps.

D
    ...on the run from Johnny Law, ain't no trip to Cleveland.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeskoFipps
    I am actually a good deal bigger than you (about 270) and run a DHX air also on my 575. I run it at right about 290/295. I called Fox 2x and Yeti 2x before I got it to make sure that I wasn't nuts for getting that set up for me. Both assured me that both the shock and the frame will work fine with those high pressures. The 575 does run through its travel more than other bikes by virtue of its design, and it will actually work a bit better with about 30% sag. I almost always run through my entire range of travel when I ride it, but never bottom it out with a nasty clunk or anything, its always progressive and smooth.

I would suggest calling Yeti and speaking with them directly to make sure that your riding style will fit that shock set up.

I hope that helps.

D
    That does help... It seems hard to find anyone out ther with a dhx air, much less a clyde., Do you or anyone else have anything too add..... For example has it been reliable? overall opinions etc.thanks marc