mtbr member
    Jul 2006

575 Deals????????????

Good morning!

Preface:
    I currently ride a 2004 POS Gary Fisher Cake 2 Dlx and have had an array of problems with the bike and its components. I just got into riding and tried to "go cheap" on entry into the sport. So, I bought this bike off of ebay and the previous owner in California apparently grossly molested it.

Epilogue:
    So, now I love riding and have signed up for a couple of serious races this fall. I have decided to step-up and fire in on a Yeti 575.

Question:
    Where is the BEST deal on a new 575? Is the Enduro the way to go? Or should I get another kit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

D. Sanchez

EDR
    Look at your LBS and compare to GoRide.com and Full Cycles. As far as what kit, that depends on you of course. For racing you will probably want a fork that has lockout, rebound and compression adjustment but then again, I would recommend that for anybody buying a new bike.

Ask yourself what your priorities are in riding. Is it xc racing with very few bumps, obstacles or jumps or are you a 'trail rider' who will be hitting some drops, big roots/rocks and technical sections, or, something in the middle? Then maybe you can figure out what components will be best.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by sanche
    Good morning!

Preface:
    I currently ride a 2004 POS Gary Fisher Cake 2 Dlx and have had an array of problems with the bike and its components. I just got into riding and tried to "go cheap" on entry into the sport. So, I bought this bike off of ebay and the previous owner in California apparently grossly molested it.

Epilogue:
    So, now I love riding and have signed up for a couple of serious races this fall. I have decided to step-up and fire in on a Yeti 575.

Question:
    Where is the BEST deal on a new 575? Is the Enduro the way to go? Or should I get another kit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

D. Sanchez
    Search your heart away man: http://www.go-ride.com/prod_frames_yeti.html#575
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"