EDR

New question here. 575 cable issue....?

I took my drive side crank arm off today and noticed that the front der. cable that runs under the BB shell is cutting into the frame. I do have a black plastic cable guide that has two 'runs' for cables. However the plastic guide on the drive side which houses the front der. cable is shorter than the other and the cable is cutting into the bb shell.

Is my guide unique? I put some electrical tape on the shell for now but that won't hold.

How does your guide look.

BTW I have an '05 575...

Thanks.

bob
    mtbr member
    Try flipping the plastic thing around. This issue has come up before as some frames (mine) came with the plastic router reversed. There is more of a shape difference between the two sides than just length. It's hard to see but after you flip it and tension the cable, you should see a difference and the cable will come off the frame.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by bob
    Try flipping the plastic thing around. This issue has come up before as some frames (mine) came with the plastic router reversed. There is more of a shape difference between the two sides than just length. It's hard to see but after you flip it and tension the cable, you should see a difference and the cable will come off the frame.
    I think you may me 'spot on' as the English say....thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    What bob recommended is also stated in the "Cable Routing Guide" on the yeti site

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti Cable Routing Guide
    The wire cable runs parallel along the drive side of the down tube and
    then slides in the cable guide on the underside of the bottom bracket
    shell. Sometimes the plastic guide from the front derailleur is oriented
    incorrectly. The cable should always run into the long guide which should
    be positioned closet to the drive side of the crank.
    Cheers,
    Cris

EDR
    The flip was the trick. Thanks guys

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Great!

Keep the rubber side down,
    Cris

mtbr member
    I had to flip that thing around on my 575 as well. Don't know who puts that part on but it's not that hard to get it right, should be correct from the start on a $2000+ bike...

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMtnB44
    I had to flip that thing around on my 575 as well. Don't know who puts that part on but it's not that hard to get it right, should be correct from the start on a $2000+ bike...

I agree. Now I have a nice little groove in my frame. No biggie but at the same time....a WAY biggie! You know what I mean? Attention to detail is a pet peave of mine. That's why I mostly avoid having anyone but me work on my bike.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMtnB44
    Could be a warranty issue.. Need a new frame..... ???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    Could be a warranty issue.. Need a new frame..... ???
    Had the same thing and had the LBS flip the guide and reroute after first ride. They did it on the spot but said it was Yeti's mistake which I did not take seriously.
    Now I understand it is a common mistake with attention to details which is one factor in quality.