mtbr member
    Dec 2006

New question here. 575 OR BLUR or asr?

i would like to know how the blur compares to the yeti 575????
    i think i would like to free ride

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    None of those 2 bikes are appropriate for freeriding... they can take some drops.. but they aren't freeride bikes..

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    ok ,no freeride blur or 575

I like Monkeys
    This IS the yeti forum. I just got a 575 and LOVE it, just read the reviews and browse the Yeti forum. The 575 climbs like a goat and descends like an anvil.. Awesome bike. But it isn't a freeride bike. True All mountain IMHO.
    Last edited by VaughnA; 12-02-2006 at 01:16 PM.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

mtbr member
    I had a Blur before I bought my 575 in 04. The VVP that SC has is not the be all that the marketing guys say it is. It has been a few years I'm old and the memory is shot but from what I remember the suspension is way more active on the Yeti. I do remember feeling alot more pedal feedback on the Blur than I do on the 575. The travel on the 575 just feels "smoother" like almost every review I have ever read yo just cannot tell that you are riding a bike with almost six inches of travel. All in all I feel the 575 climbs a little bit better than the blur and decends alot better. hope you can understand what I'm trying to get across and it helps.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    thanks it defenetly helps,but with the blur out the way,why did you all go with the y575 & not the asr?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman
    thanks it defenetly helps,but with the blur out the way,why did you all go with the y575 & not the asr?
    I suppose the ones that chose the 575 (like me) over the ASR, did for a little extra confort and travel, the ASR is an awesome race bike, that can take some trail duties. The 575 is a more do-anything bike... you can take SOME drops... steep downhills...etc, which would be more of a handful with a bike like the ASR... just my opinion...

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    thanks i think i want a do anything bike for now im made up on the 575, as i would like a
    race bike but not yet
    thanks

mtbr member
    I was living in Vegas when I bought the 575 (read rocky and steep) wanted more travel than an ASR and less weight than my ASX. I did just put on a 160 mm fork on the 575 in anticipation of trading the ASX for a ASR. Should be ready to buy one in Febuary.

Team BikeWood

I own all 3 of those....

Quote Originally Posted by dashman
    i would like to know how the blur compares to the yeti 575????
    i think i would like to free ride
    They're all great bikes with their own pros and cons. If you're looking for a bike to race, the ASR is the winner -- not even close. Lightweight frame that has really snappy acceleration and excellent handling at race speed. The Blur is a great XC bike that can be built light enough to race, but it doesn't accelerate like the ASR. It is better on the descents though. I feel like it's a better bike in technical situations than the ASR as well. For all mountain / technical riding the 575 blows both of them away. Amazing thing about the 575 is the frame weighs almost the same as my Blur frame but has 1.5 " more travel. the 575 climbs exceptionally well for a bike with that much travel - as good or better than the Blur. I'd also agree with others that I've never really noticed any pedal kickback with the 575. On the descents the 575 soaks up everything and with the slacker geometry it really tackles the techy stuff. If I had to pick one bike and I wasn't planning on racing it, I'd have to go with the 575. You can run a 5" travel fork and light wheelset and have a great long travel cross country bike, or you can pair a 6" travel fork with a beefier wheelset for all mountain rides (like Mammoth).

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    thanks,your advise is realy helping and i apreciate your input.
    i have just spocken to JIM @ ADRENALINE BIKES,realy cool guy,and realy gr8 prices
    thanks to all that helped.
    i will post what my final bike ends up being
    dash