mtbr member

303wc first ride/last ride

Finally got my new 303wc built up. Had a one day window to get a ride on her.

Summary is simples; stunning.

Loving the rear suspension design. Geometry is dialled, feels really agile and a great bike if you're an active rider who likes to do things on the bike, use body position & handling, and not just "ride along". A really "fun" DH bike. Corners like it's on rails, gobbles up small chatter and destroys terrain. Feels like it is floating over rough stuff. Point & shoot, destroy everything in it's path. Grip and traction is insane.

Absolutely loving it. Grinning all the way down the trail. Bring on 2014.

Built up with a Havoc wheelset, 40 Float, Saint stuff, Formula RO's, XO etc. Under 38 lbs.

303wc first ride/last ride-img_0166.jpg

303wc first ride/last ride-image.jpg

303wc first ride/last ride-img_0171.jpg
    Last edited by gnarbar; 11-06-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    303 WC

LCW
    mtbr member

303wc first ride/last ride

Absolutely *****in' ride!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sic... Liking all the attention to detail

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Good to see a gravity post in here. Dang that thing is sick. Been thinking about one since they released them... this doesn't help.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Good to see a gravity post in here. Dang that thing is sick. Been thinking about one since they released them... this doesn't help.
    Yep DH sales must be like hens teeth these days.
    303 WC

Long live the ASR-7
    I'd love a 303, but I can't justify the cost. The only time I could use it is the 4-5 times a year I go to the bike park. My ASR-7 does just fine there too.

Sick bike though. Very jealous.

www.yetifan.com
    Awesome looking bike

Andrew@yetifan.com

mtbr member
    First ride of 2014

303wc in the forest

303wc first ride/last ride-img_0189_2.jpg
    303 WC

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Can you compare the 303 to any other bikes? I'm seriously torn between the demo 8 and the yeti. It's hard to find a place to demo them in the Bay Area.

mtbr member
    Hmm. I'm no pro so I'll do my best.

I came off a medium Makulu to a large 303, so comparing single pivot like for like, almost.

The handling on the 303 is beautiful - so natural and well balanced. All the numbers jive together really well. The front end is super planted at high speed. Turning in it holds traction really well.

The back end is the real piece of work. That vertical rail seems to handle all the small and medium stuff really well. I don't notice anywhere near as much noise coming through the system compared to my old bike. I ran a few small to medium rock lines with various undulations, where you can open the bike up and I am convinced I went through th faster than on my old bike. No fuss, just acceleration. I'm sure this will give me a slight edge in speed and smoothness when things get nasty at high speed.

I haven't really had time to set things up yet.

Quality, finish etc are all first class. In the flesh it's a beauty.

I can really only describe the "feel" of the bike after a few runs. Very impressed with it so far. Very comfortable, familiar well balanced feel. No fuss. Zero. Hoping for a few years use from her.
    Last edited by gnarbar; 03-04-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    303 WC

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gnarbar View Post
    Hmm. I'm no pro so I'll do my best.

I came off a medium Makulu to a large 393, so comparing single pivot like for like, almost.

The handling on the 303 is beautiful - so natural and well balanced. All the numbers jive together really well. The front end is super planted at high speed. Turning in it holds traction really well.

The back end is the real piece of work. That vertical rail seems to handle all the small and medium stuff really well. I don't notice anywhere best as much noise coming through the system compared to my old bike. I ran a few small to medium rock lines with various undulations, where you can open the bike up and I am convinced I went through th faster than on my old bike. No fuss, just acceleration. I'm sure this will give me a slight edge in speed and smoothness when things get nasty at high speed.

I haven't really had time to set things up yet.

Quality, finish etc are all first class. In the flesh it's a beauty.

I can really only describe the "feel" of the bike after a few runs. Very impressed with it so far. Very comfortable, familiar well balanced feel. No fuss. Zero. Hoping for a few years use from her.
    How does it feel on the big hits?

mtbr member
    Big? I don't do "big " just DH stuff.

All I know so far is it is really supple and planted on mid size landings at high speed. Zero fuss. That's without any suspension tweaking.
    303 WC

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I just watched an old Aaron Gwin video from his yeti days. Im pretty confident it can handle big. Thanks for the feedback