Tribe Member

2016 Tribefest location rumor mill.....

It appears that the UK Tribefest dates have been published by Andrew at Yetifan for the weekend of June 18th.

I have heard rumors of US Tribefest location of Carbondale but have not heard dates yet. With BME/EWS date of July 30-31st I would have to think this will go off in mid July so Richie and Cody can use this as training since Snowmass is just a short drive from Carbondale.

Anybody heard anything else about this? Looking forward to another amazing weekend of riding, beers and hooliganisms...
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Dunno about the location, but as far as the dates for the US gathering, John P. posted some info in another thread.

Gathering of the Tribe 2015 -
    Ride: 2016 Yeti SB5.5c
    Retired: 2014 Yeti SB66AC

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSpeedChase View Post
    Dunno about the location, but as far as the dates for the US gathering, John P. posted some info in another thread.

forums.mtbr.com/yeti/gathering-tribe-2015-a-960549-4.html#post12478405
    Check the date. Year specifically.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Read the thread. Last post by John P. specifically.

mtbr member
    Sure wish they could release 2016 CO gathering dates, not just "it will probably be this weekend or this other weekend". I wanted to go but couldn't last year due to other obligations and I'm trying to plan some things for this coming summer.

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by gravityridesitall View Post

Read the thread. Last post by John P. specifically.
    Ack! Ooops. Mea culpa. Yer right.

Mid-July. Maybe I'll make it to this one...

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    You mean this one, dated 3-28-2015:

Sorry, I do not see any posts in that thread newer than the end of March last year. Describing the tribe gathering that happened in Steamboat Springs. Last year.
    Don't know what to tell you, the last post in the thread you linked above is John P. with some rough date info and some vague location discussion, just as HighSpeedChase posted above.

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by gravityridesitall View Post
    Don't know what to tell you, the last post in the thread you linked above is John P. with some rough date info and some vague location discussion, just as HighSpeedChase posted above.
    Yes. Ooops.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    You mean this one, dated 3-28-2015:

Sorry, I do not see any posts in that thread newer than the end of March last year. Describing the tribe gathering that happened in Steamboat Springs. Last year.
    Damn dude, you need your eyes checked. John P posted in that thread 3 weeks ago with tentative dates for this year.

mtbr member
    Honest mistake.

I like bikes.
    Ride: 2016 Yeti SB5.5c
    Retired: 2014 Yeti SB66AC

mtbr member
    Yeah... looks like some smart cat asked about tribe 3 weeks ago
    Ride yer bike, drink your beer, and keep it hid

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    They should have the gathering at one of the 6 "new Fruitas" to make sure the locals know what they're getting themselves in to!

Tribe Member
    Well the dates are set. Yeti sent out the email about the international tribefest and at the bottom were the US dates of July 22nd - 24th.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Yes, it's July 22-24. All I'm allowed to say is that it's in "western Colorado". We've never done a tribe at this location before, but from what I hear, the riding is spectacular.

See you all there,
    JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

Tribe Member
    Montrose....Montrose CO is the location. Hmmmm...Never ridden there

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    Montrose....Montrose CO is the location. Hmmmm...Never ridden there
    I was hoping to go for the first time. Now I'm not sure. A bit disappointing on face value. Montrose is just a place I think of as a hot dusty cow town to drive through on the way to the San Juans. Hopefully, if this is the case, its just somewhere near there at a higher elevation and not actually in Montrose. Nevermind all the excellent riding I'd be driving right past to get there from Colorado Springs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Yes, it's July 22-24. All I'm allowed to say is that it's in "western Colorado". We've never done a tribe at this location before, but from what I hear, the riding is spectacular.

See you all there,
    JP
    Why are you guys so secretive about this? Some of us have to plan for this stuff. Without knowing, with certainty, where it is, I don't know if I should bother taking some time off to make it more doable.

Tribe Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy79 View Post
    I was hoping to go for the first time. Now I'm not sure. A bit disappointing on face value. Montrose is just a place I think of as a hot dusty cow town to drive through on the way to the San Juans. Hopefully, if this is the case, its just somewhere near there at a higher elevation and not actually in Montrose. Nevermind all the excellent riding I'd be driving right past to get there from Colorado Springs.
    The email said off the grid up on the plateau so that sounds promising. Looked over at the Montrose Biking page and found this...Mountain Biking | Visit Montrose, CO

I'm a definite maybe at this point. Driving past Kenosha, Salida, Monarch, Gunny to get there just doesn't seem right to me.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I see that now. The email went to my spam folder. So I guess I'm a maybe as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    Driving past Kenosha, Salida, Monarch, Gunny to get there just doesn't seem right to me.
    Couldn't agree more... But not our decision to make. I'm sure it'll be fun times as always but yeah....

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Montrose is not too far from Ouray and that beautiful box canyon - some spectacular hiking, not sure about the riding - its been a few yrs

Dab-O-Matic
    Montrose should be good. They have a new trail network that I've not ridden, but the locals in Telluride love it. Definitely not as vert as The Box Canyon, but should be good for the non acclimatized. Also warmer in July than T-Ride.
    ASRc X0
    SB5c X0
    Cannondale Black
    (roadie)
    '07 575 XT
    SB95c (retired)
    SB95a (retired)

mtbr member
    Mountain Biking | Visit Montrose, CO

Check out the interactive map on montroses website. Looks like some fun riding

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Why are you guys so secretive about this? Some of us have to plan for this stuff. Without knowing, with certainty, where it is, I don't know if I should bother taking some time off to make it more doable.
    They wanted to make sure all the permitting was in place (there's a ton of it) before making the official announcement. My apologies if that screwed up your summer plans, but we need to follow the US Forest Service regs if we want to continue to be able to host Tribe on Federal Lands.

For what it's worth, I've heard ridiculously good things about the riding on the Uncompahgre... skip this year's Tribe at your own peril.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    They wanted to make sure all the permitting was in place (there's a ton of it) before making the official announcement. My apologies if that screwed up your summer plans, but we need to follow the US Forest Service regs if we want to continue to be able to host Tribe on Federal Lands.

For what it's worth, I've heard ridiculously good things about the riding on the Uncompahgre... skip this year's Tribe at your own peril.
    I'm involved in an event where we get permits for an off road motorcycle event for 400+ people on Federal BLM land and we are able to lock dates down well in advance. We already have next years event planned as well....10 months in advance. There's no reason Yeti can't do this as well. They should already have an "agenda" on future riding destinations. As others have said, some people (not me) have to turn in vacation requests at work for the next year up to 12 months in advance.
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2014 Pivot Mach 6
    2011 Niner Air 9

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    I'm involved in an event where we get permits for an off road motorcycle event for 400+ people on Federal BLM land and we are able to lock dates down well in advance. We already have next years event planned as well....10 months in advance. There's no reason Yeti can't do this as well. They should already have an "agenda" on future riding destinations. As others have said, some people (not me) have to turn in vacation requests at work for the next year up to 12 months in advance.
    Is your moto event the same place every year?

Yeti goes somewhere different every year. As far as land managers are concerned, every year of Yeti Tribe is the first year.

And they are dealing with Forest. Forest != BLM

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I'm involved in an event where we get permits for an off road motorcycle event for 400+ people on Federal BLM land and we are able to lock dates down well in advance.
    Perhaps the USFS and BLM have different permit procedures?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    tough crowd!

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Thanks for the advice.

mtbr member
    Thank god you have the annual Santa Cruz and Pivot gathering to attend
    16' SB6c Green
    16' SB5.5c Silver
    16' SB4.5c Turquoise
    16' ASRc Turquoise
    15' SB5c Raw
    14' ARCc Raw

mtbr member

Thanks for the response, it really is appreciated. But maybe in the future an unofficial "this is where and when we want to do it, pending approval" announcement would help those Yeti tribe members like myself who unfortunately need long lead times to plan. Something more specific than western Colorado.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Thanks for the response, it really is appreciated. But maybe in the future an unofficial "this is where and when we want to do it, pending approval" announcement would help those Yeti tribe members like myself who unfortunately need long lead times to plan. Something more specific than western Colorado.
    We had a few options in terms of dates and location, and none of those were confirmed until the days we posted that info.

Regardless, just looking at the timeframe here:
    15-March - Verified dates
    06-April - Verified location

Sorry to hear that the 3 weeks in between those announcements caused so much stress for everyone. I'd venture a guess that my travel schedule is about the most insane thing you've ever seen, so I understand how important advanced planning is.

Tribe is a huge deal to us, but please remember we're a small company doing our best to punch well above our weight in a number of capacities. Unfortunately, we can't always give each of our customers exactly what they want when they want it.

Anyway... hope to see you all on the Uncompahgre this summer.

JP

mtbr member
    Between a full time job, kids, and playing in a band on the side that books summer gigs and festivals months and months in advance, yeah, 3 weeks can be the difference for me.

Edit: I think the fact that you guys put this on at all is amazing, I just wish I could 1. make it work with my schedule easier and 2. be more excited about the location this year when there's so much good riding in this state.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnybex View Post
    Thank god you have the annual Santa Cruz and Pivot gathering to attend
    Thank God indeed. I'll be having my own personal "gathering" in your area in 3 weeks. :thumbs:

I owned an SB5 last year (and will get another when it goes Boost eventually) and wanted to go to the Steamboat event but that's a long haul and by the time the event was locked in, my friend wasn't able to get the time off from work.
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2014 Pivot Mach 6
    2011 Niner Air 9

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CWnSWCO View Post
    tough crowd!
    No harm intended. It wasn't meant to be "tough" or "harsh" and I could/should have chosen my words differently but like ryguy79 and others have posted in past years, it would just be helpful for many people to have more notice. John P explained in another post below why that isn't always possible. Fair enough.
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2014 Pivot Mach 6
    2011 Niner Air 9