Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

2014 Tribe Gathering

The details for the 2014 Tribe Gathering just got released. Anyone going? I'm purchasing a ticket now and can't wait! This will be my first Tribe Gathering after wanting to go for the past two years. Can't wait to shred some Colorado single track! The dates are July 18-20 in Durango at the resort with lift access. Tickets are 145 bucks for the weekend which includes camping, food, lift tickets, and some freebies. Driving from SoCal so if anyone wants to carpool let me know!

Tribe Gathering 2014

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Interested in carpooling as I'm also in So-Cal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwivelo55 View Post
    Interested in carpooling as I'm also in So-Cal.
    Awesome! I'll PM you. Tried purchasing a ticket but the website isn't working. Yeti says it may be up tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I would love to go too. Will be my first time and going solo.
    I have no idea what the trails are like there and how good I will fare on them either. Should I be worried about joining?

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by mahrous View Post
    I have no idea what the trails are like there and how good I will fare on them either. Should I be worried about joining?
    The rides are tough for sure, but if you get yourself into shape and don't try to hang with some of my insane coworkers at the front of the pack, you should be fine. We also offer several easier for all abilities.

Sidebar: three years ago, some maniac from Japan came over for the Breck Tribe and did one of the craziest things I've ever seen on a bike. It was the hardest ride I've done - Kenosha pass up over Georgia Pass and back to Breck. Anyway, the morning of the ride, this Japanese dude shows up at the shuttle wearing jean shorts and riding a DJ with about 2 feet of seat post exposed, and myself and the rest of the staff start putting odds on whether we're going to need to med-evac him out of the ride somewhere.

I lost track of the dude after the group photo at the start of the ride, but my GF said that back at the campground, as the first few riders came in looking like death warmed over, here was that Japanese guy near the front of the pack riding a one-handed wheelie, looking fresh as a daisy, and grinning ear to ear. The dude crushed it, and he's become a legend around our office. We still don't know his name or his back-story though. Hahaha.

JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

Instagram: @heyjohnp

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Been to Tribe before, it's a great experience with riders of all abilities. No need to worry you will have a blast.

mtbr member
    I been wanting to go for 3 yrs hopefully this is the year. Coming from Nor Cal, altitude is always an issue for me...

mtbr member
    I wouldn't sweat it too much! Yes there will be some climbing probably and some altitude but the Tribe is some of the nicest and coolest people you'll meet.

I went solo last year, made friends instantly with a group and off we went. We rode our pace, took in the scenery and just had a blast. The festivities were fun, the food and the beer were great. I'm pretty sure you'll have fun
    Ride: 2016 Yeti SB5.5c
    Retired: 2014 Yeti SB66AC

mtbr member

2014 Tribe Gathering

The website is now working just placed my order! So excited I can't wait!!

You should do it. It doesn't matter how fast or good you are. It's all about riding your bike in a great place with awesome people!

Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    I been wanting to go for 3 yrs hopefully this is the year. Coming from Nor Cal, altitude is always an issue for me...
    I'm sure the altitude will be killer! I guess I better start doing more rides in Big Bear ha ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Pulled the trigger on a ticket, this will be my first Tribe Gathering ! Will be making the trip from Texas loaded down with my bikes and camping gear.

mtbr member

2014 Tribe Gathering

Quote Originally Posted by joel63 View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a ticket, this will be my first Tribe Gathering ! Will be making the trip from Texas loaded down my bikes and camping gear.
    Awesome, should be a great trip!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Anybody coming from New Mexico? Specifically Albuquerque?

Tribe Member

Do yourself a favor and make this trip

If you have never been, this is the one to go to. Durango is some of the best riding that the state has to offer I think you can still do a lap of the 1st MTB World Championships at DMR.

The CO Trail sections are awesome, they might even be throwing down some of the same courses that will be used in . If you have an extra day, drive the 45 minutes west to Cortez and ride at Phils World.

Everybody at Yeti is committed to having fun and this won't be any different. Food, beer, prizes, beer, riding, beer, riding, laughs, a giant muffler of spirits. What could go wrong?
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member

Re: 2014 Tribe Gathering

Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    If you have never been, this is the one to go to. Durango is some of the best riding that the state has to offer I think you can still do a lap of the 1st MTB World Championships at DMR.

The CO Trail sections are awesome, they might even be throwing down some of the same courses that will be used in . If you have an extra day, drive the 45 minutes west to Cortez and ride at Phils World.

Everybody at Yeti is committed to having fun and this won't be any different. Food, beer, prizes, beer, riding, beer, riding, laughs, a giant muffler of spirits. What could go wrong?
    Glad to hear it! This will be my first time biking in Colorado so I'll be praying for clear sunny skies ha ha

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Durango, sweet! I might have to make the quick drive over from Crested Butte.

mtbr member
    I'll be coming from SW Missouri and it'll be my first tribe! Super stoked but a little nervous about my 1X10. Anyone have experience with Durango? Running a 30 x 11-36. To give you an idea, local trails are mostly sprints up the trail and down. very few long climes or descents. Either way, gonna be a great weekend!!

Techno-Beaver
    Hey Jason,

From one flatlander to another...No worries. I'm running the same set-up on my 66. I was at the last Durango Tribe Gathering and the trails are most definitely hilly. There has to be some hills around you that you can just work over and over? The altitude will get you before the climbs. You will have an epic time and will be planning your next Tribe before you know it. I'll see you there. My buddies and I are the only guys from Iowa that go every year.
    Epic Ride. Epic Lunch.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by becadog73 View Post
    From one flatlander to another...No worries. I'm running the same set-up on my 66. I was at the last Durango Tribe Gathering and the trails are most definitely hilly. There has to be some hills around you that you can just work over and over? The altitude will get you before the climbs. You will have an epic time and will be planning your next Tribe before you know it. I'll see you there. My buddies and I are the only guys from Iowa that go every year.
    Thanks for the encouraging words man. I'll probably be one of the few from Missouri but I can't wait. My fiancť and I have a trip to Boulder for our honeymoon a couple of months prior, so that should give me and idea about what to expect elevation-wise. Definitely looking forward to excessively long descents tho!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by becadog73 View Post
    Hey Jason,

+1...You shouldn't notice the altitude too much around Durango. You'll feel a lot better altitude wise in a day or two as well. It's the alpine rides above 9k-10k with a lot of climbing that usually give flatlanders issues. Can't really prevent that except acclimate or live above 9k. Shuttle rides like Hermosa Creek start new 9k but is mostly downhill for the first 2/3. If you've never been to CO before, think about extending your trip and heading up to Crested Butte to ride around there and also hit Monarch Crest near Salida, you'll thank me later

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Finally was able to purchase my ticket this morning for my first Tribe event, we have several folks from the ATL area heading that way, only some of us talk funny though! The biggest dilemma is whether to head out for the full week and ride some dual sport motorcycle or more Yeti!

mtbr member
    Anyone have the scoop on the camping area, are there showers, fresh water, BBQ pits, ect. ? What temp's can we expect day & night ?
    Is it July yet ??

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Anyone have the scoop on the camping area, are there showers, fresh water, BBQ pits, ect. ? What temp's can we expect day & night ?
    Is it July yet ??
    I don't have confirmation yet, but we always have fresh water available, and there's usually either proper showers or a nice creek nearby. BBQ pits depend on weather, but you shouldn't need them anyway - there's a TON of food being catered in.

Regarding weather in Durango, this link is useful:
    LINK

JP

idigscars
    Aug 2009
    Anyone from Va doing this?

What rides are y'all doing?

Why would you own 100 Yugos when you could own 1 Porsche? - Rumpfy

mtbr member
    Hate to be "that guy" but would that wonderful newly legal substance in Colorado have any place at the tribe? I would be traveling from IL and not sure what the attitudes are out there yet, I of course want to show the utmost respect to the tribe. Thanks!

I am getting my final pennies saved for an x01 Arc Carbon and once I do I plan on grabbing a ticket!
    Felt Edict Nine 60
    Trek Marlin

mtbr member
    Has anyone received the email yet? The website says you will receive an email within a few days to complete registration...or does that usually come closer to the event?
    Ride well. Live well.
    Yeti SB-66 | Pike

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholson40 View Post
    Hate to be "that guy" but would that wonderful newly legal substance in Colorado have any place at the tribe? I would be traveling from IL and not sure what the attitudes are out there yet, I of course want to show the utmost respect to the tribe. Thanks!
    It's a family event. We hope everyone comes and has a great time, but we also encourage everyone to be respectful of one another. General rule of thumb: if you think something you're doing might be offensive to other people, it probably is. Exercise a little discretion and do your thing in a private place.

Cheers,
    JP

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    It's a family event. We hope everyone comes and has a great time, but we also encourage everyone to be respectful of one another. General rule of thumb: if you think something you're doing might be offensive to other people, it probably is. Exercise a little discretion and do your thing in a private place.

Cheers,
    JP

Thanks JP. I figured it'd be something to explore on my own time, I appreciate your feedback. Top priority is great people and great trails!

I need to pull the trigger on this Arc Carbon. It's the most beautiful bike I have ever seen.
    Felt Edict Nine 60
    Trek Marlin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholson40 View Post
    Thanks JP. I figured it'd be something to explore on my own time, I appreciate your feedback. Top priority is great people and great trails!

I need to pull the trigger on this Arc Carbon. It's the most beautiful bike I have ever seen.
    Go to the weed store and get some mints. As JP mentioned discretion is key and with all the products available burning is kinda old school my friend.
    you can get passed a dog... nobody fuks with a lion

mtbr member
    I have a Yeti, but my wife doesn't have one, is she not allowed to come?

"Yeti bike ownership required to come and ride with the Tribe."
    YETI SB-66 CARBON
    SCOTT GAMBLER 720

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Aspirated View Post
    I have a Yeti, but my wife doesn't have one, is she not allowed to come?
    I had the same concern for last year's Tribe in Telluride. I was told that she could sign up to use a demo bike. However, demos are offered to people based on a lottery, particularly in the event that there are more requests for demos then bikes available.

Anyway, just in case my wifey didnt get a demo, I ended up buying her a used Yeti bike she liked (ASR5c) prior to the Tribe. But afterall she was offered two demos - a small and medium SB95. She tried the 29er, then traded somebody for a SB66c and liked it better!!

Guess what I'm saying is chance it to get her a demo bike.

mtbr member
    Naturally Aspirated,

If you don't want to chance a lottery I don't mind bringing my wife's medium ASR5a for you guys to use? She can't make it to tribe but her bike doesn't have to sit inside collecting dust. It's an 2010/11, but it's got full 2013 xt 2x10.
    Ride well. Live well.
    Yeti SB-66 | Pike

mtbr member
    Appreciate it, but my wife is only 5'2". She would need a XS frame.
    YETI SB-66 CARBON
    SCOTT GAMBLER 720

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasondenney View Post
    Has anyone received the email yet? The website says you will receive an email within a few days to complete registration...or does that usually come closer to the event?
    I was wondering the same thing...Purchased my ticket a week ago and have not received an email.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Is anyone staying at the resort (rather than campsite)? I am traveling long distance and not sure bringing a tent is feasible/economic. Any advice/hints?

mtbr member
    There are lots of condos available through property management companies, or check FRBO sites. Dinner and bar entertainment will be limited, but that is what the Yeti tribe is good for...there will be late night shenigans by all.
    you can get passed a dog... nobody fuks with a lion

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Is anyone staying at the resort (rather than campsite)? I am traveling long distance and not sure bringing a tent is feasible/economic. Any advice/hints?
    Whenever that packet of info goes out (Sarah Rawley is on it), it'll have a list of available properties within walking distance to the main tent, and they'll all be listed with discounted rates. I have a big place rented for myself and a few of my distributors, and many others will be doing the condo thing as well.

See you guys in Durango.

JP

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    The rides are tough for sure, but if you get yourself into shape and don't try to hang with some of my insane coworkers at the front of the pack, you should be fine. We also offer several easier for all abilities.

Sidebar: three years ago, some maniac from Japan came over for the Breck Tribe and did one of the craziest things I've ever seen on a bike. It was the hardest ride I've done - Kenosha pass up over Georgia Pass and back to Breck. Anyway, the morning of the ride, this Japanese dude shows up at the shuttle wearing jean shorts and riding a DJ with about 2 feet of seat post exposed, and myself and the rest of the staff start putting odds on whether we're going to need to med-evac him out of the ride somewhere.

I lost track of the dude after the group photo at the start of the ride, but my GF said that back at the campground, as the first few riders came in looking like death warmed over, here was that Japanese guy near the front of the pack riding a one-handed wheelie, looking fresh as a daisy, and grinning ear to ear. The dude crushed it, and he's become a legend around our office. We still don't know his name or his back-story though. Hahaha.

JP
    I was there and remember that legendary dude. Before the ride everyone was like is he going to ride that? He was the talk all weekend after that. I'm with you on how hard that ride was. I have never felt that gassed on a bike and will never ever do Georgia Pass with a hang over again. I was in the hurt locker for sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Durango Mountain Resort is a great place (only been there in the winter) and hey have lots of places condos on site, just not sure of availability. There are probably lots of rentals in the area too, but not much for hotel unless you want to go to Durango, which is about a 20 minute drive.

Can someone tell me about the signup? Does it sell out, or limited time to sign up? I'd like to attend, but I'm not sure I have the fitness, and also not sure how long it will take to get me used to more than an hour in the saddle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Carpool?:

Anybody coming from the Steamboat area for this? Or, I have room for one bike/person if you're on the way to Durango.

And is it safe to assume that the second shuttle day will be Sunday?

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeplastic3 View Post

And is it safe to assume that the second shuttle day will be Sunday?
    Yes. See you there!

mtbr member
    John P,

Will the campsite be open for camping Sunday night if we are planning on leaving Monday morning? I'll have an 18 hour drive ahead of me so leaving Sunday afternoon isn't the best option for me.
    Ride well. Live well.
    Yeti SB-66 | Pike

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I'll be grabbing my ticket tomorrow for my first Yeti Tribe! Words can't express the excitement! I'm coming from SLC and so if anyone wants to carpool, hit me up. Otherwise I'm flying solo. Looking to make some great biking friends on this trip.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasondenney View Post
    John P,

Will the campsite be open for camping Sunday night if we are planning on leaving Monday morning? I'll have an 18 hour drive ahead of me so leaving Sunday afternoon isn't the best option for me.
    We need to have most people out of there by end of day on Sunday, but exceptions can be made. Please email Sarah Rawley to get the full details - yetibetisarah AT gmail DOT com.

See you in Durango!

JP

mtbr member
    I'll email Sarah and look into it.

Thanks!
    Ride well. Live well.
    Yeti SB-66 | Pike

Chairman of the Beard

This thread needs some 2013 Tribe Gathering stoke!

2014 Tribe Gathering-457372_10151764011762249_1255205581_o.jpg
    2014 Tribe Gathering-977543_10151764009887249_955734985_o.jpg
    2014 Tribe Gathering-981287_10151764012617249_151135170_o.jpg
    2014 Tribe Gathering-1073203_10151764010672249_691591786_o.jpg
    2014 Tribe Gathering-1075604_10151764013527249_211112457_o.jpg
    2014 Tribe Gathering-1077336_10151764009607249_1203814927_o.jpg
    2014 Tribe Gathering-1077452_10151764009222249_142681170_o.jpg
    2014 Tribe Gathering-1084968_10151764009707249_1572714176_o.jpg

Can't wait for Durango!
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

mtbr member

2014 Tribe Gathering

Wow that looks amazing!

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    WOW! Great pics. I had almost forgotten how beautiful Telluride was.

CANNOT WAIT for Durango!

JP

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hey John P...
    Any idea as to when we'll receive an info packet on the Gathering?
    Cheers..
    KV

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    I have exactly zero to do with planning or organizing the Tribe gathering, but if you email Sarah Rawley at the email I listed in Post #44 of this thread, she can give you all the details.

Cheers,

JP

mtbr member
    When I emailed Sarah the other day she implied that it would be very soon. I suspect she is just putting the finishing touches on it right now.
    Ride well. Live well.
    Yeti SB-66 | Pike

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks JP!

mtbr member

I was already stoked for tribe...now i'm pissing my pants excited!

I traded in my ASR-5 and built up this 66! I loved my 5 but this thing is unreal!

2014 Tribe Gathering-sb-662.jpg

2014 Tribe Gathering-sb-663.jpg
    Ride well. Live well.
    Yeti SB-66 | Pike

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I know this is a far shot but worth a try ...
    John P. - you got the forum buzzing with all your teaser remarks about the new offerings from Yeti this year. Any chance these new bikes will make an appearance at the Gathering? Not necessarily for test riding but ridden by Jared/Joey or whoever in charge of testing and RnD?
    Speaking of which, do we expect to meet Jared/Richie and the boys in Durango?

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    I know this is a far shot but worth a try ...
    John P. - you got the forum buzzing with all your teaser remarks about the new offerings from Yeti this year. Any chance these new bikes will make an appearance at the Gathering? Not necessarily for test riding but ridden by Jared/Joey or whoever in charge of testing and RnD?
    It's funny, we've been test riding some pretty crazy new stuff at the Tribe gathering each of the past 3 years, and to my knowledge, no one's even noticed! All I can say is to keep your eyes open for any kind of 'nondescript' frame, or possibly some bike that just looks mis-matched for some reason (different color front and rear, etc.). Obviously, we can't let anyone take pictures of anything, but you'll probably be surprised at how much prototype stuff is being ridden by my coworkers.

As for the team, their calendar does show them being in town for Tribe. I think Jared's a definite; not sure about Richie yet though. Most, if not all, of the National Team and ambassador guys will be there, too.

See you in Durango,

JP

mtbr member
    So, I am planning on getting a lodge with two other guys. Anyone want in to get it super cheap?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew8404 View Post
    So, I am planning on getting a lodge with two other guys. Anyone want in to get it super cheap?
    PM inbound

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    It sounds like Hannah Barnes will also be joining us in Durango. I'm picking her up at DIA on Wednesday or Thursday, and we'll be driving down to Durango on Friday. For those of you who haven't met her, you're in for a treat. She's a hell of a rider and just a super nice person as well.

JP

2014 Tribe Gathering-screen-shot-2014-05-27-9.33.44-am.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    It sounds like Hannah Barnes will also be joining us in Durango.
    Jared and Hannah?!? What a great opportunity to learn a few things while getting completely ridden into the ground.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Sounds like Rosara will be there as well. Funny side story: I drove from Denver to Telluride with Rosie and Kashi Leuchs (our NZ distributor) for the 2013 Tribe. They started talking about old racing stories, the Olympics, and national championships, and half way through their conversation, I interjected to ask how many national championships they'd won between the two of them. Neither of them could remember how many they'd won.

Needless to say, I saw them before and after Saturday's ride, but I couldn't come close to keeping up with them on the trails.

2014 Tribe Gathering-1013962_540898042613582_1084752286_n.jpg

LCW
    mtbr member
    damn it!!! won't be able to make it this year again... family get-together the SAME weekend... I'll have to lock it in for next year...

Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    EVIL Following

mtbr member
    Test rode my 66 today after a rebuild before the gathering, went thru the fork, shock, new chain, cables and pivot bearings, serviced the BB bearings and headset. She feels like new again . Haven't been to altitude for a year now, hope I can hack it LoL. I'll be bringing my 66 and my 26 ARC, the ARC is so light I may spend most of my time on it.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Test rode my 66 today after a rebuild before the gathering, went thru the fork, shock, new chain, cables and pivot bearings, serviced the BB bearings and headset. She feels like new again . Haven't been to altitude for a year now, hope I can hack it LoL. I'll be bringing my 66 and my 26 ARC, the ARC is so light I may spend most of my time on it.
    Don't worry about it, man - I'll be coming from sea level, so you can hang at the back of the pack with me and the rest of the guys who are just out for a fun, scenic ride.

See you in Durango!

JP

mtbr member
    Don't worry about it, man - I'll be coming from sea level, so you can hang at the back of the pack with me and the rest of the guys who are just out for a fun, scenic ride.

See you in Durango!

JP
    Sounds cool to me, I'm not going to be there to race ! I hope to spend time on both bikes, the SB for the more down hill oriented ride, and I hope there's a less chunky mellow ride I can do on the ARC.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Other than the people who are staying at the resort, what is everyone planning on doing for showers since there aren't any lined up this year? I know there's the hose but I don't think people would appreciate seeing me being naked

Do Nothing
    I'm coming from Boulder but I'll still be at the back of the pack with you JP. That way when I spot a mis-matched frame or something odd looking, I can quiz you on the spot!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ojai View Post
    Other than the people who are staying at the resort, what is everyone planning on doing for showers since there aren't any lined up this year? I know there's the hose but I don't think people would appreciate seeing me being naked
    There are a few places you can shower in Durango, which isn't really that far from DMR.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSpeedChase View Post
    There are a few places you can shower in Durango, which isn't really that far from DMR.
    Great! I was tempted to rent a hotel room just for the shower Where do you suggest going?

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Hey guys-

I'll see if I can get some info from Sarah on this one for you.

JP

mtbr member
    I've used North Main Laundry next to Durango Brewery and the Rec center in town. A buddy of mine said that he has used the KoA and the Hillcrest Golf Course locker rooms.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Here's the official word:

"There will be a water source available for bike washing, rinsing off, and filling up hydration packs. There will not be hook-ups available for RVís. There will not be an indoor shower area provided this year. If this is an amenity that you would like for the weekend, we highly recommend booking accommodations on-site at Durango Mountain Resort. For further inquiry, email yetibetisarah@gmail.com."

On a personal note, I'd look into condo rentals if I were you guys. They're pretty reasonably-priced, and if a few guys go in on one together, it's even cheaper.

See you in Durango,

JP

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The Rec Center would be an easy choice for a shower. 27th and Main.

Tribe Member
    If enough folks get condos, just invite the rest of us over to use your shower. We're all part of the tribe right?
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Here's the official word:

"There will be a water source available for bike washing, rinsing off, and filling up hydration packs. There will not be hook-ups available for RVís. There will not be an indoor shower area provided this year. If this is an amenity that you would like for the weekend, we highly recommend booking accommodations on-site at Durango Mountain Resort. For further inquiry, email yetibetisarah@gmail.com."

On a personal note, I'd look into condo rentals if I were you guys. They're pretty reasonably-priced, and if a few guys go in on one together, it's even cheaper.

See you in Durango,

JP
    For those of you who have gotten condos, what resource did you use to find them? Probably worth it so you can take at least one shower in four days

Thanks!

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    I just called this gal and told her I was coming for the Yeti Tribe event:
    Jillane Burkhart
    Group Sales & Conference Services Manager
    970-426-7270 Office

JP

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Anybody going through Santa Fe, NM? I'm trying to get a ride up there.

mtbr member
    Hey guys, the first e-mail mentioned a future update with trail descriptions and a sign up for the shuttle rides, anyone get that second e-mail ? Planned on calling Sarah today but time got away from me.

Dab-O-Matic
    Hey guys, the first e-mail mentioned a future update with trail descriptions and a sign up for the shuttle rides, anyone get that second e-mail ? Planned on calling Sarah today but time got away from me.
    Nothing new here!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Accomodations and Carpool

Anyone have a room available in their condo that they may have rented (or own) that they may want to rent out?

Also, traveling from Grand Junction, may be a possibility of carpooling.

Thanks
    Last edited by socalezrider; 07-15-2014 at 07:19 AM.

mtbr member
    T-Minus one week!!! What are you looking most forward too? Riding the trails, seeing the new Yeti Bikes, or seeing Hannah Barnes or Jared Graves? Personally, after following Hannah on instagram I'm a big fan ha ha. Though, I'm really bummed that I've had a nagging back injury that has kept me off the bike for a few weeks. I just hope I can keep up with everybody now ha ha.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdub0451 View Post
    Anybody coming from New Mexico? Specifically Albuquerque?
    I know this is late, but I am going to the Tribe Gathering. I live up in Rio Rancho. I am going solo. I will probably work from home for a few hours and leave around noon on Friday.
    If it was fun, they wouldn't call it work, they would call it SEX or mountain biking!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ojai View Post
    Great! I was tempted to rent a hotel room just for the shower Where do you suggest going?
    Iron horse Inn. Decent place to stay and good prices. My family has stayed there twice this summer. It even has a nice pool, microwaves and a mini fridg. It is on the far north side of Durango, so it is around 15 minutes away from the resort.
    If it was fun, they wouldn't call it work, they would call it SEX or mountain biking!

mtbr member
    I have a spot. I am leaving on Friday some time between 11 am and noon. I live 2 miles south of 550 and 528. Let me know.

mtbr member
    Just read the ride description for Option A.

BRING IT ON!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Can someone post the descriptions? Thanks!

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    T-Minus one week!!! What are you looking most forward too? Riding the trails, seeing the new Yeti Bikes, or seeing Hannah Barnes or Jared Graves? Personally, after following Hannah on instagram I'm a big fan ha ha. Though, I'm really bummed that I've had a nagging back injury that has kept me off the bike for a few weeks. I just hope I can keep up with everybody now ha ha.
    Bummer alert: got an email from Hannah yesterday that she's not going to be able to make it. I guess her travel plans home from the EWS got a little stretched out, and she needed to take care of some things on the home front before heading over for the North American races.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! :-/

JP

mtbr member

Re: 2014 Tribe Gathering

Bummer alert: got an email from Hannah yesterday that she's not going to be able to make it. I guess her travel plans home from the EWS got a little stretched out, and she needed to take care of some things on the home front before heading over for the North American races.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

JP
    Noooooo!!! I guess I'm not going now ha ha. I'll have to settle for just biking now ha ha.

Last edited by Andrew8404; 07-15-2014 at 01:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Rosara Joseph will still be there correct? She's pretty awesome too!

Do Nothing
    Option A: Colorado Trail, Molas Pass to Cascade Creek Trail

This ride is for advanced riders with excellent fitness. Expect to be on the trail for at least 6 hours and riding between 11,000í and 12,000 for most of the ride, with substantial climbing and hike aí bike sections over approximately 30 miles and 4,000 feet of climbing. Advanced technical skills are necessary. This route combines high-alpine riding with one of the most rocking singletrack descents you will find anywhere. The last section of the trail drops about 2,500í vertical in under five miles -- thatís a downhill! Shuttle pick-up is at Durango Mountain Resort between 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. on Saturday and between 8 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. on Sunday. The shuttled ride is approximately 30 minutes to the top of Molas Pass where you will begin on the Colorado Trail.

You will ride back to DMR on HWY 550 after end of ride. This is known as one of the most scenic trails in all of Colorado, so bring your camera and be ready to have your socks knocked off!

Option B: Hermosa Creek Trail

This ride is for strong intermediate riders with good fitness. The ride begins from Durango Mountain Resort with approximately 7 miles on FS Road 578, Hermosa Park Road, to the Upper Hermosa Creek Trailhead, and then approximately 20 miles of trail to the Lower Hermosa Creek Trailhead. This point-to-point route is NOT all down-hill. There are several small climbs and then a significant climb with about four miles to go that is relatively steep and lasts about one mile towards the end of the ride. Expect to be on trail for at least 4 hours. Shuttle pick-up is at the lower Hermosa Creek TH between 1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. and is approximately 30 minutes back to Durango Mountain Resort.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Cool-blue Rhythm option A or B

Has anyone done option A (Molas Pass) before? Iím coming from CA and not use to 10k-12k ft elevation.

mtbr member
    I'm gonna take option B on my 23lb hard tail ! Rest of my time will be lift service on the SB66.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have the same plan. I wished they had shorter version of option A.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    BTW i used shipbikes.com to ship my bike to Durango saved me at leaset $100

mtbr member

2014 Tribe Gathering

Yup, I agree shorter on option A. I'm also going for B on Sat then lifts.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mahajian View Post
    Has anyone done option A (Molas Pass) before? Iím coming from CA and not use to 10k-12k ft elevation.

Molas to cascade is absolutely epic scenery. A whole lot of above treeline, 360 degree views of alpine terrain. The downhill is a ton of fun. It's one of those must-do kind of trails. It does have some billy goat like climbs in it but I think it was worth it.

mtbr member
    Yup, I agree shorter on option A. I'm also going for B on Sat then lifts.

I am doing the same. It is tempting to do option A and kill myself, but I want to actually enjoy myself a bit more and hang out with some of the other Tribe. Man, I must be getting old.

mtbr member

2014 Tribe Gathering

Quote Originally Posted by outdrgod View Post
    I am doing the same. It is tempting to do option A and kill myself, but I want to actually enjoy myself a bit more and hang out with some of the other Tribe. Man, I must be getting old.
    Yup, exactly ha ha.

Not the Cat in the Hat!
    Nov 2010
    Driving from Colorado Springs, I have room for 2 more bikes. Leaving tomorrow (Friday) around noon and I plan to come back on Sunday leaving also around noon. I am driving an F-150 so there is room.

Anyone interested, please PM me.

mtbr member
    ok now that its over ..post up your pics, stories, and impression of new bike!

mtbr member
    Tribe was awesome! The Option A ride on Saturday was hard for sure but so worth it and so epic! The SB5c looks sexy as hell in person and I'm excited for the future!

Here are some photos!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast