Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2014 Tribe Gathering

21K views 116 replies 43 participants last post by  some dude 
#1 ·
The details for the 2014 Tribe Gathering just got released. Anyone going? I'm purchasing a ticket now and can't wait! This will be my first Tribe Gathering after wanting to go for the past two years. Can't wait to shred some Colorado single track! The dates are July 18-20 in Durango at the resort with lift access. Tickets are 145 bucks for the weekend which includes camping, food, lift tickets, and some freebies. Driving from SoCal so if anyone wants to carpool let me know!

Tribe Gathering 2014

#50 ·
I have exactly zero to do with planning or organizing the Tribe gathering, but if you email Sarah Rawley at the email I listed in Post #44 of this thread, she can give you all the details.

Cheers,

JP

#54 ·
I know this is a far shot but worth a try ...
John P. - you got the forum buzzing with all your teaser remarks about the new offerings from Yeti this year. Any chance these new bikes will make an appearance at the Gathering? Not necessarily for test riding but ridden by Jared/Joey or whoever in charge of testing and RnD?
Speaking of which, do we expect to meet Jared/Richie and the boys in Durango?

#55 ·
It's funny, we've been test riding some pretty crazy new stuff at the Tribe gathering each of the past 3 years, and to my knowledge, no one's even noticed! All I can say is to keep your eyes open for any kind of 'nondescript' frame, or possibly some bike that just looks mis-matched for some reason (different color front and rear, etc.). Obviously, we can't let anyone take pictures of anything, but you'll probably be surprised at how much prototype stuff is being ridden by my coworkers.

As for the team, their calendar does show them being in town for Tribe. I think Jared's a definite; not sure about Richie yet though. Most, if not all, of the National Team and ambassador guys will be there, too.

See you in Durango,

JP

#60 ·
Sounds like Rosara will be there as well. Funny side story: I drove from Denver to Telluride with Rosie and Kashi Leuchs (our NZ distributor) for the 2013 Tribe. They started talking about old racing stories, the Olympics, and national championships, and half way through their conversation, I interjected to ask how many national championships they'd won between the two of them. Neither of them could remember how many they'd won.

Needless to say, I saw them before and after Saturday's ride, but I couldn't come close to keeping up with them on the trails.

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

#62 ·
Test rode my 66 today after a rebuild before the gathering, went thru the fork, shock, new chain, cables and pivot bearings, serviced the BB bearings and headset. She feels like new again :). Haven't been to altitude for a year now, hope I can hack it LoL. I'll be bringing my 66 and my 26 ARC, the ARC is so light I may spend most of my time on it.

#63 ·
Don't worry about it, man - I'll be coming from sea level, so you can hang at the back of the pack with me and the rest of the guys who are just out for a fun, scenic ride.

See you in Durango!

JP

#71 ·
Here's the official word:

"There will be a water source available for bike washing, rinsing off, and filling up hydration packs. There will not be hook-ups available for RV's. There will not be an indoor shower area provided this year. If this is an amenity that you would like for the weekend, we highly recommend booking accommodations on-site at Durango Mountain Resort. For further inquiry, email yetibetisarah@gmail.com."

On a personal note, I'd look into condo rentals if I were you guys. They're pretty reasonably-priced, and if a few guys go in on one together, it's even cheaper.

See you in Durango,

JP

#80 ·
T-Minus one week!!! What are you looking most forward too? Riding the trails, seeing the new Yeti Bikes, or seeing Hannah Barnes or Jared Graves? Personally, after following Hannah on instagram I'm a big fan ha ha. Though, I'm really bummed that I've had a nagging back injury that has kept me off the bike for a few weeks. I just hope I can keep up with everybody now ha ha.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

#86 ·
T-Minus one week!!! What are you looking most forward too? Riding the trails, seeing the new Yeti Bikes, or seeing Hannah Barnes or Jared Graves? Personally, after following Hannah on instagram I'm a big fan ha ha. Though, I'm really bummed that I've had a nagging back injury that has kept me off the bike for a few weeks. I just hope I can keep up with everybody now ha ha.
Bummer alert: got an email from Hannah yesterday that she's not going to be able to make it. I guess her travel plans home from the EWS got a little stretched out, and she needed to take care of some things on the home front before heading over for the North American races.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! :-/

JP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.