Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by deegan199 View Post
    one of 2013's new frame will a 27.5 130mm
    With the switch suspension that would be ideal for me. But is there a suitable fork??

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkylover53 View Post
    With the switch suspension that would be ideal for me. But is there a suitable fork??
    no info on the suspension, just the price: about 2000

Long live the ASR-7
    Where are you getting your information from deegan? Any source to back it up?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    an investigation was made this week by distributors to retailers, to estimate import quantities!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have a pretty good feeling that there will be a full carbon 29er HT coming out this spring on top of the inevitable SB-95C.

Since Yeti are not known to bring bikes to market super quickly without a good amount of development/test time, I would be skeptical of a SB75 coming out in the very near future, but would love to be proven wrong!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If you look at the color of the Yeti letters on the Yetifan page pictures, these are actually from 3 different frames from what I can see. Might be color variations of the same frame, or might be something special like a SB75. I still want a new ARC-X, but doubt that is going to happen ... (NEVER going to sell the one I have).

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

mtbr member

2013 Yeti rumors??? Anyone???

Nice find.

Erik

Illuminati
    that link just goes to show how a little info, can be somewhat misleading as they're only partially correct...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    So, I am into ordering a 650b Bike very soon. Should I get my hands on a Rocky Altitude now or will there be a 650b SB anytime soon (which will be my favorite than)?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scant View Post
    that link just goes to show how a little info, can be somewhat misleading as they're only partially correct...
    What's weird is that the link states that 650 is only for S and XS frames, other sizes are 29. So ARC 29 - guess that is the new carbon HT. Makes sense, will sell a ton. So no 650 option for us taller folks...I'm hoping one of the others is a 650 with suspension

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Doba View Post
    Where are you getting your information from deegan? Any source to back it up?
    If he does have a source, it's pretty misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by deegan199 View Post
    an investigation was made this week by distributors to retailers, to estimate import quantities!
    We're always reaching out to distributors and dealers to gauge interest on different projects before we start doing the design work. Sometimes the projects come to completion, sometimes they do not.
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

reading comprehension wat
    Is that a Fox 36 and a High Roller 2 in the background? SB66 doesn't come with a 36 does it? Is that the new big bike that fits between the 66 and the DH bike?

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8xin View Post
    Is that a Fox 36 and a High Roller 2 in the background? SB66 doesn't come with a 36 does it? Is that the new big bike that fits between the 66 and the DH bike?
    1. I'm pretty sure that's a 40 on someone's DH bike in the background.
    2. We offer a SB66/36 setup to our international customers, and a couple of us ride that setup at the office.

Tribe Member

650b is coming

I think there will be a 650b bike coming soon. Yeti has gotten out of the XC race/promotion business and is now in full support of the Enduro racing business and the title sponsor of this Get Ready for Big Mountain Enduro Action - Big Mountain Enduro Series

Mavic has a new 650b race wheel coming, Shimano with thier 2x10 sytems and gearing towards 650b are also
    sponsors of the series. Plus, CO is built for 650b wheels at this point.

The 650b bike might replace the 575 at this point.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Based on what I found today, the SB-95c seems like a certainty for Sea Otter.

SB-95c First Pic?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    After spending a bit of time on a buddy's Tracer 27.5, I'm underwhelmed to say the least. It was a good bike, but it felt exactly how I thought it would feel, halfway between a 26 and 29. I think the largest advantage of 27.5 is that it will allow manufacturers to "right size" bikes for consumers. Ladies currently riding 29ers for instance should feel more at home on a 27.5.

www.yetifan.com
    Dude! If your gonna steel my pictures, please put a credit yetifan.com on there. I spend frikkin hours working on the site, so a little recognition goes a long way!

Nobody else has these pics I'm pretty sure & you missed the other 2 pics I posted. Go check out the 2013 page before I get found out & I have take them down !!

If you went to bikebitz and got the picture, he took it from me, and posted some duff info alongside the wrong picture too!! Dont trust all you read on the internet, unless its on Yetifan.com (or other reputable sites!) ! I work hard to make sure the true fans see the good stuff & dont get mislead !

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by smellurfingers View Post
    It felt exactly how I thought it would feel, halfway between a 26 and 29.
    Sounds like a plan.

asr 5 c in 650b (I guess AS-R7c? or AS75c?) sounds like what I want for my next endurance bike.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    After spending a bit of time on a buddy's Tracer 27.5, I'm underwhelmed to say the least. It was a good bike, but it felt exactly how I thought it would feel, halfway between a 26 and 29. I think the largest advantage of 27.5 is that it will allow manufacturers to "right size" bikes for consumers. Ladies currently riding 29ers for instance should feel more at home on a 27.5.
    Personally, I'm with you, Doug. I've ridden a couple 27.5's, and while I see the theoretical merit in the "'tweener" size, it doesn't seem super necessary to me. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop when someone introduces a 28.25 or 26.75.

All of that being said, I can't deny the overwhelming interest in the new wheel size from consumers and industry folk alike. For better or worse, I think you'll see a ton of bikes from many different companies going in that direction over the next 12-18 months.

JP

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    John

With Outside Magazine posting pictures of the new SB-95C, when does Yeti plan to actually release specs and the bike?

I am ready to test one in Chattanooga. Wish we had a Yeti Dealer close.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I think the largest advantage of 27.5 is that it will allow manufacturers to "right size" bikes for consumers. Ladies currently riding 29ers for instance should feel more at home on a 27.5.
    That may be the most astute comment I've seen regarding the 650b and may be one of the smartest uses of the size. Rather than wage some sort of holy war about the one size that will rule them all, we look at wheel sizes that fit the bike, rider, or situation.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by jman950 View Post
    John

With Outside Magazine posting pictures of the new SB-95C, when does Yeti plan to actually release specs and the bike?
    Sorry, I'm not allowed to comment on this sort of thing. You may want to attend Sea Otter this year if possible, though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampir View Post
    That may be the most astute comment I've seen regarding the 650b and may be one of the smartest uses of the size. Rather than wage some sort of holy war about the one size that will rule them all, we look at wheel sizes that fit the bike, rider, or situation.
    Sadly, I think the war on the 26 has begun. Counting on the "newer is better" attitude of most consumers, some manufacturers have replaced the 26" line with 27.5 and are selling the benefits, as are the component manufacturers. I suppose the theory is to get out in front, and force the rest to follow. No one wants to miss the 29 revolution a second time.
    Last edited by smellurfingers; 03-26-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop when someone introduces a 28.25 or 26.75.
    6% change seems logical. It is about the same change as between, say, clothing sizes. Or between frame sizes. Change between 26 and 29 was more like between S and L frame, so M was added. They should have went to 650a though..

I just hope nobody is stupid enough to discontinue a good selection of 26" tires.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast