Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    Always good to hear from you john. I just posted what I was told by a yeti employee
    Unfortunately, that person must have been misinformed. We have samples in house and production stuff on the way, but we're not going to have a big boat full of new product anytime soon. More likely, we'll be air-freighting stuff in as our factory finishes each batch.

Sorry to be a downer, but again, I figured you guys would rather hear accurate info.

Cheers,

JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Unfortunately, that person must have been misinformed. We have samples in house and production stuff on the way, but we're not going to have a big boat full of new product anytime soon. More likely, we'll be air-freighting stuff in as our factory finishes each batch.

Sorry to be a downer, but again, I figured you guys would rather hear accurate info.

Cheers,

JP
    not a downer! thanks for the clarification and confirmation that it does exist and soon to be available (wink wink)

mtbr member

Tribe member

2013 Yeti rumors??? Anyone???

Yetifan just posted pics of the carbon SB95 and a 29" ARCc. Both are beautiful!

mtbr member
    Not on the rug...man!

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    and how about that. The small and x-small ARC-C are 27.5

Pretty cool.
    Can't wait for the snow to melt and the dirt to dry

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Seems like there must be some mistake with the pricing though.
    SB-95 Carbon Pricing is $3990 Frame/Axle RRP
    ARC – Carbon Pricing is $2690 Frame/Axle RRP

Unless it's in yen or something...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Dang - turning into un-obtanium at those pricepoints - nice looking bikes - but $7k for a complete build starting point ??? Sheesh....

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Ahh, noticed that's an Australian mag, so probably in aussie dollars, I heard they always seem to get charged a lot more for everything bike related too. Anyway, ignore those numbers for now I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DLd View Post
    Seems like there must be some mistake with the pricing though.
    SB-95 Carbon Pricing is $3990 Frame/Axle RRP
    ARC – Carbon Pricing is $2690 Frame/Axle RRP

Unless it's in yen or something...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Ahh, noticed that's an Australian mag, so probably in aussie dollars, I heard they always seem to get charged a lot more for everything bike related too. Anyway, ignore those numbers for now I guess.
    Yeah, we get absolutely caned on pricing it's about $200 AUD more expensive than the sb66c for comparison - that's about $200 USD more

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    any info on a new ASR? Puleez?

Axe
    Custom User Title

2013 Yeti rumors??? Anyone???

and how about that. The small and x-small ARC-C are 27.5

Pretty cool.
    Probably the way most XC bikes should be.

But MSRP frame prices are well beyond ridiculous. With so many options out there it just does not make sense.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    sb95c frame pricing in states is same as sb66c frame so I heard

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Pricing is getting out of hand for all bikes. When I bought my 5C frame a couple of years ago I said to myself "I can't believe I'm spending this much on a frame." The 95C looks like it will be close to 1000 more. Seriously, 5 or 6 g on a bike? We have to have our heads examined. That said, I'll probably be riding one in a couple of years (I'll look to end of year sales like Jenson).

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti

A note on pricing

US MSRP:
    ARC-C - $1999 (Same as another very popular carbon 29er HT)
    SB95-C - $3200 (Same as the 66C)

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm happy to see that the rumours of a carbon hardtail were true. Are the measurements and geometry the same on the ARCc as on the Big Top?

The reference in the article to the slacker head tube (which the current BT has) left me scratching my head though as the BT was sold more as an AM hardtail than a XC bike. The original ARCs were known for their steep head tube angles. Not to get caught up in the bike segmentation argument (AM vs XC etc), but it does leave me wondering what the intended target audience is.

Root Master
    I think the idea to make the XS/S sizes of the ARC-C in 27.5 is a brilliant move and makes very curious about future offerings by Yeti.
    Join the Tribe...

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    I was told the new ARCc would have a slightly steeper head tube than the BT. Will be interested to see specs. Could be my new race whip...
    Yeti SB-95a Black

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkylover53 View Post
    We have to have our heads examined.
    Not chasing fads and every last gram saved is enough. Some awesome frames out there are available for a fraction of this price.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have to say that I am interested in the 27.5 carbon arc. I am 5'6" and have a hard time finding a 29er that fits. Kudos to Yeti for looking out for us short guys.

mtbr member
    Who da man??

Theory on ARC 650b

Come on...for a guy who stopped mountain biking in 2006 and ignored the sport until November of last year, that was a pretty good prediction, wasn't it???

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    US MSRP:
    ARC-C - $1999 (Same as another very popular carbon 29er HT)
    SB95-C - $3200 (Same as the 66C)
    Really? so Australians are getting slugged again? An extra $200 because it's a 29er bike?

Sneaker man
    ARC RRP is $AU2690 according to yeti OZ
    All the gear and no idea.

mtbr member
    PIcs are up on Yeti - Love the new ARC Carbon Yeti Cycles / Home

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    OK - pricing in USD now in alignment - will retract my previous comment as they are inline with the market and in some cases - maybe a better value for their builds!!

Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    Dang - turning into un-obtanium at those pricepoints - nice looking bikes - but $7k for a complete build starting point ??? Sheesh....

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bacon Jr View Post
    I was told the new ARCc would have a slightly steeper head tube than the BT. Will be interested to see specs. Could be my new race whip...
    Head tube angles on both the ARCc and BT are 70 degrees. But there are differences in the other measurements. I was also considering this as my XC bike. I'll just have to find one to demo now.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    OK - pricing in USD now in alignment - will retract my previous comment as they are inline with the market and in some cases - maybe a better value for their builds!!
    Aw, c'mon, man. What fun is that?! This is the internet, where your best option is always to jump to a conclusion based on limited information, then express OUTRAGE over the details of a poorly founded hypothesis.

Haha. Just busting chops. If you scroll through the archives here and Ridemonkey, you'll probably find I'm more guilty of this than anyone (I specifically recall losing my sh!t years ago when the tapered headtube was first announced).

Anyway, I'm glad everyone's stoked on the new bikes. We've got a ton more tricks up our sleeves for next fall/winter/spring, so stay tuned.

JP

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Both bikes look awesome! Personally, I'm really stunned by the ARCc. Somehow that thing managed to avoid my gut reaction of "here comes yet another carbon 29er hardtail." The lines on it are absolutely beautiful, and the teal works very, very well.
    Keith in Corvallis

mtbr member
    So what's Sid "Vicious" Taberlay racing at Sea Otter on Saturday??? I saw something about BH bikes... hope it ain't so.
    Feel the Bern!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey JP - had to come correct - simple as that - been a yeti rider and fan for a fair few years - and it was the 575 that truly changed the game for me and turned me into a mtb'er - I suspect one day in the not to distant future Ill be a yeti rider again - once I get past a wedding and move this summer

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonSS View Post
    Both bikes look awesome! Personally, I'm really stunned by the ARCc. Somehow that thing managed to avoid my gut reaction of "here comes yet another carbon 29er hardtail." The lines on it are absolutely beautiful, and the teal works very, very well.
    Wait until you see it in person. I normally don't get geeked out on this sort of thing, but the shaping of the tubes is super cool. We spent a TON of time/money on industrial design because we wanted it to look as good as it rides.

JP

LCW
    mtbr member
    Was hoping for a 6.5-7" travel AM/Enduro/Freeride replacement to the venerable ASR7... and what I consider replacing my 575 with eventually... Alas...

From these new Sea Otter unveilings, the ARC is the cooler release of the 2, and really more stoked on the S and XS with the 27.5 wheels.

But my real hope for new Yeti product did not materialize...

EVIL Following
    Yeti
    SB-66A

Surly Wednesday

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    Was hoping for a 6.5-7" travel AM/Enduro/Freeride replacement to the venerable ASR7... and what I consider replacing my 575 with eventually... Alas...

From these new Sea Otter unveilings, the ARC is the cooler release of the 2, and really more stoked on the S and XS with the 27.5 wheels.

But my real hope for new Yeti product did not materialize...
    I'd suggest trying a 66. With a Fox 36 on the front and a properly setup rear shock, it feels like a bike with 7" or more coming down hill, and a wicked trail bike going up. In my opinion, it's quite a bit more capable than the ASR-7 ever was, and the bonus is that you don't need a pole vault to get over the top tube. ;-)

JP

LCW
    mtbr member
    I don't mean to be a downer... and appreciate the response John P...

but your reply basically indicates to me that a longer travel 6.5"+ 26" wheeled bike (DHer non-withstanding) is not something to hold my breath for from Yeti...

EVIL Following
    Yeti
    SB-66A

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    I don't mean to be a downer... and appreciate the response John P...

but your reply basically indicates to me that a longer travel 6.5"+ 26" wheeled bike (DHer non-withstanding) is not something to hold my breath for from Yeti...
    I was in the same boat as you were until I got my 66. Part of the uniqueness of the Switch suspension is that it uses travel very efficiently. If I need any more suspension than I would be on my DH frame. It's that good.

Google Eliot Jackson Antarctica. That trail ends a few yards from my back yard and, except for some of the longer doubles and a couple steep drops, I clean mostly the same lines on my 66 that I do on my DH bike. There's a couple spots I don't hit with the same speed or abandon, but I would't hit them on a 170mm trail bike either. Anything that is too much for my SB66 is going to be too much for any trail bike, with me on it at least.

A 160 fork changes the 66 dramatically and a DHX RC4 makes it a great park bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Wait until you see it in person. I normally don't get geeked out on this sort of thing, but the shaping of the tubes is super cool. We spent a TON of time/money on industrial design because we wanted it to look as good as it rides.

JP
    I can vouch for this statement! Saw all of them in person today at Sea Otter and "pure sexy"!

Also other info I was stoked to hear from today is that the SB95c is 2 lbs lighter than the SB95!
    Will post .y pics soo and will be back at SO on Sunday!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    When will the SB95c be available in the stores?

mtbr member
    I would love to have an ARC, but 26"

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadl View Post
    When will the SB95c be available in the stores?
    Told available for order now from your yeti dealer

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Available for order now with delivery being mid May - but you better get your order in as I am sure they will be selling fast.

They are air delivering the bikes to get them here fast - I am guessing this will happen until they catch up with orders.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thank you! What about tire clearance? Is it improved over the SB95a?

mtbr member
    I'd suggest trying a 66. With a Fox 36 on the front and a properly setup rear shock, it feels like a bike with 7" or more coming down hill, and a wicked trail bike going up. In my opinion, it's quite a bit more capable than the ASR-7 ever was, and the bonus is that you don't need a pole vault to get over the top tube. ;-)

JP
    This statement is plain silly! I have both and the 7 is an underrated incredible bike that was shot down by short legged people like you who were afraid of the standover! Im 6-1 with 31" inseam (no cricket legs by any means) on a large and it is a non issue! The 7 is behind the 66 a bit, not by far when it comes to climbing and XC but is in the lead when pointed down hill...

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    the 7 is an underrated incredible bike that was shot down by short legged people like you who were afraid of the standover!
    Yeah, either short legs or large dangly bits.

I must admit I was concerned with the lack of clearance.

mtbr member
    I hate this format! Why da fuq is my reply way up there ^^^?

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    This statement is plain silly! I have both and the 7 is an underrated incredible bike that was shot down by short legged people like you who were afraid of the standover! Im 6-1 with 31" inseam (no cricket legs by any means) on a large and it is a non issue! The 7 is behind the 66 a bit, not by far when it comes to climbing and XC but is in the lead when pointed down hill...
    The 7 is a lot more burly looking, I'll give you that, but I wonder how much of the better downhill performance is due to the coil spring vs. the extra inch of travel?

Both nice bikes. I'd probably take the 7 myself for lift-served stuff. It would be overkill on all the trails where I have to pedal though. I envy folks who have trails nearby that would make use of the 7's capabilities.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Slightly off topic... In the new SB95C video, what trail is that in Fruita, specifically the section at about 2:40? It's been used in several Yeti ads. I'd love to ride that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampir View Post
    Slightly off topic... In the new SB95C video, what trail is that in Fruita, specifically the section at about 2:40? It's been used in several Yeti ads. I'd love to ride that.
    At 2:40, he dropping into Horsethief Loop of Mary's Trail. There are shots along Horsethief and the rolling single track was out at 18rd.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Just to supplement that: you're seeing the same section shot multiple times. That little piece of Horsethief Bench (as you drop off Mary's and down on to the loop) has been used on countless magazine covers and a lot of adds...but it's only a couple of hundred feet long.
    Keith in Corvallis

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Whoa Horsetheif looks much different from the last time I saw it.

mtbr member
    A video we took a few years ago when we were out there:

McBenzo.3gp - YouTube

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast