Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    interbike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GSJ1973 View Post
    What boat have they missed?
    Yep, Yeti is pretty dang dialed right now. What else do we need?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motomike View Post
    Yep, Yeti is pretty dang dialed right now. What else do we need?
    How do you figure? If I was a Yeti dealer I would pissed. They have huge holes in their lineup. Let me count the ways.

1. No carbon 29er hardtail.
    2. No 4" travel 29" race bike. The 26" 4" race bike is dead. To me this is a big deal. This is what Yeti builds there brand on.
    3. An ASR5 that is great bike but no one wants any more.
    4. An SB 66 that also kicks ass, but they are getting sued by two fronts for the suspension design.
    5. No carbon SB95.
    6. No 7" travel bike for FR. A modified SB-66 doesn't count.
    7. A prototype 303 WC carbon that would be amazing if they would release it to the public.
    8. A 575 model that dealerships can't sell becuase no one wants it.
    9. No 650B model. I didn't see this surge either but they need to convert the 575 model to a 650B ASAP.
    10. No crossbike that is the largest growing segment of bicycle racing.

Erik

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I think they may have missed the mark with the SB95. In a couple of years no one is going to want a 29 inch FS trail bike. This one should be converted to a 650B. Can't blame them for not seeing this coming. Personally I think the benefits of 650b is a bit oversold from component manufactures. There just isn't a remarkable difference between it and a 26 inch wheel when all things are considered. For trail use though it's a huge improvement over a 29 and that's where you notice it's advantages over 26 inch wheels as well.

If they want to be seriously considered by the XC race guys they are going to need a carbon hardtail 29er.

Personally I would love a FreeRide bike from Yeti, but that market is pretty small. They should bump up the travel on the 66 to 7 inch, and let the 575 take care of the 5-6 inch market. Every major manufacturer has both 140-150 and 170-180mm Trail/All Mountain models. As it stands today, the geometry of the SB66 is more aggressive than comparable longer travel models.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Everyone on this forum needs to get serious. Your buying into a company that chooses to put MARKETING over product. Most of you on this forum go through bikes like a woman with shoes.. They choose to lay off good USA Americans and out source! Is Yeti Turquoise a "cool" color, no doubt. But this company thinks they are the second coming of Christ... They push paper and send it to Asia to do the hard work. "we go for lunch time rides!" sweet and we bust are ass to get your customer service that sucks. Yeti over sells a piece of aluminum that Americans should (and they will give you the BS excuse that all the components are made overseas so what they are doing is just industry standards) be making. Yeti Markets their ability to drink beer in their office.. Thats sweet.. Good stuff guys.. I'm going Intense. AMERICAN WELDED.... Nough said... If your a good rider your a good rider. It doesn't matter what bike you ride. If the bike is too heavy, loose some weight...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99 View Post
    How do you figure? If I was a Yeti dealer I would pissed. They have huge holes in their lineup. Let me count the ways.

2. No 4" travel 29" race bike. The 26" 4" race bike is dead. To me this is a big deal. This is what Yeti builds there brand on.
    4. An SB 66 that also kicks ass, but they are getting sued by two fronts for the suspension design.
    5. No carbon SB95.
    7. A prototype 303 WC carbon that would be amazing if they would release it to the public.
    9. No 650B model. I didn't see this surge either but they need to convert the 575 model to a 650B ASAP.

Erik
    Hang tight.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by smellurfingers View Post
    I think they may have missed the mark with the SB95. In a couple of years no one is going to want a 29 inch FS trail bike. This one should be converted to a 650B. Can't blame them for not seeing this coming. Personally I think the benefits of 650b is a bit oversold from component manufactures. There just isn't a remarkable difference between it and a 26 inch wheel.......
    I don't think they did. 650b in a trail bike is dumb in my opinion.

Geez I sure hope trail bikes don't go 650b. After riding my buddies brand new custom Ventana I was severely underwhelmed compared to my 29er. Big bike / AM style 160mm plus I can see the smaller wheels make sense, but not on a xc/trail full sus bike.

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by t6barry View Post
    Everyone on this forum needs to get serious. Your buying into a company that chooses to put MARKETING over product. Most of you on this forum go through bikes like a woman with shoes.. They choose to lay off good USA Americans and out source! Is Yeti Turquoise a "cool" color, no doubt. But this company thinks they are the second coming of Christ... They push paper and send it to Asia to do the hard work. "we go for lunch time rides!" sweet and we bust are ass to get your customer service that sucks. Yeti over sells a piece of aluminum that Americans should (and they will give you the BS excuse that all the components are made overseas so what they are doing is just industry standards) be making. Yeti Markets their ability to drink beer in their office.. Thats sweet.. Good stuff guys.. I'm going Intense. AMERICAN WELDED.... Nough said... If your a good rider your a good rider. It doesn't matter what bike you ride. If the bike is too heavy, loose some weight...
    And you need to go troll somewhere else.
    Yeti SB-95a Black

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bacon Jr View Post
    And you need to go troll somewhere else.
    WORD!

Holes in their line up? Maybe they arent interested in EVERY trend?

I dont know yeti too well but from what I have seen is they dont jump on bandwagons just to be in a market. IMO and by my perspective. They also dont seem to release bikes early to fit a niche (303c).

I am sure we will see a 303c, SB95c is just a matter of time. I dont know about them doing a 7 inch bike or a freeride specific bike, seems like a really small market. If the 650b deal picks up more steam I am sure thats coming too(i know its not small). I would bet we will see more switch pivot bikes with less travel.

If you dont like their line up just buy something else?! I love my SB66, eyeing a SB66c dunno that I will jump or not til I see some changes I want. So far I am a Yeti fan even though the 66 is my first Yeti, LOVE it but if I rode a bike I felt was better or wanted something different out of say a DH bike that Yeti didnt offer Id just look some where else... I dont get the crying about this.

Oh jesus Yeti why cant you build ME a 303C with switch pivot, a gear box, 650b x 162.67/12mm rear, 29er front with internal cable routing?! Its the future Yeti, I swear!

I am sure cool sh*t is in the works, I was bummed not to see some eye candy from interbike too but when they are ready we'll see more kick as$ rigs.
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

5. No carbon SB95.

Erik
    Geez, some folks really have issues differentiating between opinion and fact.

mtbr member
    Which part do you think is opinion? Just curious?

Erik

wns
    mtbr member
    Yeah Man......if you don't have sales numbers from Yeti a lot of what you are saying is speculation / opinion. Especially with respect to comments about the ASR 5 and the 575 and ARC X.
    575 and ASR 5. Great bikes. They have been overshadowed by the SBs but, again, only sales number - nationwide - can qualify your statement. Personally, as much as I loved my 575s I would not buy one now. The SB66 is the evolution of the concept. There are, however, a lot of folks who love the 575 and don't appreciate the feel of the SB66. As well, for many, the price difference is a big deal.

The ASR 5. Freaking awesome. But, again, only the folks at Yeti know how its sales are shaking out.

I also am eagerly awaiting the 29r FS race rig but to say that this is what Yeti builds their brand on is probably not true- go to their website. Not much content in the video, etc area relative to XC racing. I mean holy crap, hit the " RACE " tab and it is ALL DH. XC racing is certainly deep in Yeti heritage but less at the core of the brand at this point. If this were the case we would have seen a new XC race bike by now. For sure.

Despite the huge stoke for Yeti they are still a pretty small company. I would guess that they don't have the resources or aspiration to have an offering in every category. And remember, this is true - if those guys aren't stoked on the concept they aren't going to build it. If they are stoked on an idea they aren't going to show it until it is good and done and ready.

As far as dealers and a full line up - most Yeti dealers, in my experience, don't rely on Yeti sales to keep the doors open, beer in hand and food on the table. Typically they carry other brands of bikes. You know those brands.

Word on the street is the carbon SB 95 is coming. How can it not?

With respect to the carbon 303. Patience man. You said it while making your point - it is a PROTO type. it's super cool to see but who knows how long it will be before there is a production version? Yeti states that they don't release bikes on a model year / interbike schedule. Again, we see them when they are ready.

Man, I'm not going near the 7" SB thing.

Cross bike - I should have bought one. ARC X is sexy as hell. Agreed, 'cross is getting huge but, again, I would guess it gets back to resources and priorities. Think about it. Cross is growing. Yeti made a cross bike. If there was significant demand for a Yeti cross bike in a growing market they likely would have kept it - R/D done, favorable reviews etc. Why go there if its not at the core of what you do? My guess is they have a limited number of hands welding for them. Would you rather have these hands welding bikes for which there is a demand or bikes that are freaking cool but aren't really what they do or keep the burritos and margs coming? I would love to be wrong about this.

Anyway and whatever. I have to agree with Kayman - most of what you, Erik, put down were opinions. I agree with most of your opinions but i think it's important to differentiate fact from opinion. It's only riding bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wns View Post
    Yeah Man......if you don't have sales numbers from Yeti a lot of what you are saying is speculation / opinion. Especially with respect to comments about the ASR 5 and the 575 and ARC X.
    575 and ASR 5. Great bikes. They have been overshadowed by the SBs but, again, only sales number - nationwide - can qualify your statement. Personally, as much as I loved my 575s I would not buy one now. The SB66 is the evolution of the concept. There are, however, a lot of folks who love the 575 and don't appreciate the feel of the SB66. As well, for many, the price difference is a big deal.

The ASR 5. Freaking awesome. But, again, only the folks at Yeti know how its sales are shaking out.

I also am eagerly awaiting the 29r FS race rig but to say that this is what Yeti builds their brand on is probably not true- go to their website. Not much content in the video, etc area relative to XC racing. I mean holy crap, hit the " RACE " tab and it is ALL DH. XC racing is certainly deep in Yeti heritage but less at the core of the brand at this point. If this were the case we would have seen a new XC race bike by now. For sure.

Despite the huge stoke for Yeti they are still a pretty small company. I would guess that they don't have the resources or aspiration to have an offering in every category. And remember, this is true - if those guys aren't stoked on the concept they aren't going to build it. If they are stoked on an idea they aren't going to show it until it is good and done and ready.

As far as dealers and a full line up - most Yeti dealers, in my experience, don't rely on Yeti sales to keep the doors open, beer in hand and food on the table. Typically they carry other brands of bikes. You know those brands.

Word on the street is the carbon SB 95 is coming. How can it not?

With respect to the carbon 303. Patience man. You said it while making your point - it is a PROTO type. it's super cool to see but who knows how long it will be before there is a production version? Yeti states that they don't release bikes on a model year / interbike schedule. Again, we see them when they are ready.

Man, I'm not going near the 7" SB thing.

Cross bike - I should have bought one. ARC X is sexy as hell. Agreed, 'cross is getting huge but, again, I would guess it gets back to resources and priorities. Think about it. Cross is growing. Yeti made a cross bike. If there was significant demand for a Yeti cross bike in a growing market they likely would have kept it - R/D done, favorable reviews etc. Why go there if its not at the core of what you do? My guess is they have a limited number of hands welding for them. Would you rather have these hands welding bikes for which there is a demand or bikes that are freaking cool but aren't really what they do or keep the burritos and margs coming? I would love to be wrong about this.

Anyway and whatever. I have to agree with Kayman - most of what you, Erik, put down were opinions. I agree with most of your opinions but i think it's important to differentiate fact from opinion. It's only riding bikes.
    You are right. I don't have sales numbers it is just what I see on dealers floor. At the shops in Colorado, there are not many 575's or ASR5 sitting in the showrooms. Most of the bikes are SB-66 and SB-95's. It's hard to buy a 575 when you have an SB-66 sitting right next to it for $500.00 bucks more.

I think the ASR5 is great, but where is the market right now for a 5" 26" bike.

They need to make a cross bike though. An ARC-X would be great.

Erik

Edit: I love Yeti. I love everything the brand stands for. I think they are one of the most innovative company out there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    You are right. I don't have sales numbers it is just what I see on dealers floor. At the shops in Colorado, there are not many 575's or ASR5 sitting in the showrooms. Most of the bikes are SB-66 and SB-95's. It's hard to buy a 575 when you have an SB-66 sitting right next to it for $500.00 bucks more.

They need to make a cross bike though. An ARC-X would be great.

Erik

Edit: I love Yeti. I love everything the brand stands for. I think they are one of the most innovative company out there.
    Again, a matter of opinion. It's rather easy to see how you would take a 575 over a SB-66. They are two different bikes with two different niches. This is glaringly evident from the suspension differences alone, nevermind the entirely different geometry. the whole "doing-the-same-thing-but-better" mentality seems like subjective, overhyped fanboyism at best.

Also, as with any new technology, some prefer to wait a few years for the kinks to be worked out. (ie switch pivot eating through bearings), etc.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wns View Post
    My guess is they have a limited number of hands welding for them.
    Not true, they have several options

mtbr member
    Just to put in my ten cents on the ASR-5. I know it has faded somewhat into the background now with the SB-66 being released, but I think that this is a great bike for shorter riders, that due to their smaller stature and lower weight may not require anything more than 5" of travel. Now I base this on the fact that my wife had a go on one, and she was thoroughly impressed. It worked well for her, and she became aware of the capabilities of a FS 5" vs. 5" HT bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Nice bike, but wrong thread. Go to classifieds bro.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Sorry.

I've tried 3x's and it won't take.

I thought if I posted a few times on the forum, MTBR would allow access to posting on their classifieds.

Thank you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I read somewhere....maybe it was dirtrag...that Yeti is building a bar in their new facility. Thats cool and innovative.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I see Jenson are are showing 2013 bikes, SB95 have new colours and prices

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Do want 303c... and I'm impressed enough with my SB95 that I'd likely swap it out for a carbon version when it's released.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I have attempted to post an ad multiple times over the last week for my '12 ASR-5C and the system will not accept it.

Any suggestions for proper procedure in doing would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by blockidog View Post
    I have attempted to post an ad multiple times over the last week for my '12 ASR-5C and the system will not accept it.

Any suggestions for proper procedure in doing would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    You might need to post a bit more still. I think the amount of posts to unlock all functions is 8 or 10 or so. I'm sure Gregg will provide an exact answer to your earlier PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I wonder if Yeti might be working on converting all of its current 26" bikes to the new 650b (27.5") size? Why do I say this? In the new issue if Bicycling Magazine, Yeti prez Chris Conroy is quoted as saying "There's a possibility that in two, three, or four years, we might see the 26-inch bikes disappear".

He must see the writing on the wall for the 26" size, so I wonder if the 575, ASR Carbon, ASR5, SB66 and so on will become 27.5" wheeled bikes very soon?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
    I wonder if Yeti might be working on converting all of its current 26" bikes to the new 650b (27.5") size? Why do I say this? In the new issue if Bicycling Magazine, Yeti prez Chris Conroy is quoted as saying "There's a possibility that in two, three, or four years, we might see the 26-inch bikes disappear".

He must see the writing on the wall for the 26" size, so I wonder if the 575, ASR Carbon, ASR5, SB66 and so on will become 27.5" wheeled bikes very soon?

Blasphemy!!!!!!!
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast