Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 304
  1. #151
    DLd
    DLd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,325
    I really hope that's for a girl, and not just a sick prank someone is playing on their color-blind buddy
    Can't wait for the snow to melt and the dirt to dry

  2. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    26
    There was this diminutive, somewhat androgynous guy from Minneapolis who made it big in the 80's. That SB could be the Darling Nikki edition.

  3. #153
    MOO
    MOO is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    197

    Looks like no ASR-C


  4. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    407
    And No SB95-Carbon
    Wow.... Nothing new and nothing exciting color wise.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles

  5. #155
    Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Reputation: John P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    its likely a test color reject frame. i've seen a bunch of their test colors - actual painted or powdercoated frames - that didnt get a thumbs up from the yeti team - soma were pretty cool - some - not so much - but to each their own the upside it s true limited edition "from the factory" frame that you wont ever see under someone else
    Correct.
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

    Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

  6. #156
    Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Reputation: John P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarsandtears View Post
    And No SB95-Carbon
    Wow.... Nothing new and nothing exciting color wise.
    Please see this post:

    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Hey guys-

    I've mentioned it in 2 or 3 other threads, but if you're waiting for us to release our 'new line', those days are over. We'll be releasing bikes one at a time once they've been designed, exhaustively tested, and in our warehouse ready to ship. We're constantly designing new stuff and we're such a small company that trying to release a boatload of new bikes all at once just isn't realistic if we want to maintain the high quality standards and attention to detail that we think you guys want from us. There's a lot more info here:
    New Yeti model on the horizon!?!

    For what it's worth, I've seen/ridden prototypes that fill most of your guys' wish list here, so sit tight for now, and enjoy your current Yeti in the meantime!

    Happy holidays,

    JP
    There's actually a ton of new stuff coming out in 2013.
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

    Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

  7. #157
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Please see this post:



    There's actually a ton of new stuff coming out in 2013.
    Amen John, I was referring to the catalogue posted. I am looking forward to what Yeti introduces this year, as are the rest of us. Thanks for your input here as well.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles

  8. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nshore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49
    Seen this earlier today. Kinda like it. New Frame Color Combo for Yeti SB66 Trail Bike? - Bike Rumor

  9. #159
    Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Reputation: John P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by nshore View Post
    Seen this earlier today. Kinda like it. New Frame Color Combo for Yeti SB66 Trail Bike? - Bike Rumor
    There's a new turquoise 95 that's just landed as well. Same color scheme as the TQ 66A - turq with black graphics.

    FYI,

    JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

    Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

  10. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,359
    Pics are worth a 1000 words john! Lol plus it will hurt my wallet! Thanks Yeti!!!

  11. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    379
    The 95 just seems like an great companion to the 66. I'd love to have both.

  12. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dkr82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    85
    John P, or anyone at Yeti reading this,

    For 2013 just bring back the White/Turq/Black colour scheme for the Big Top.. The black is so boring and the blank down tube looks so dull and unfinished.. Bring back the 2011 livery as it was..

  13. #163
    Single Speed Junkie
    Reputation: crux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,108
    SB95 Carbon will be out shortly. (I'm only saying this as I just picked up the regular SB95 and that seems to be my luck)

  14. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,665
    In an earlier thread, John eluded to the fact that the 95 carbon will be a mid summer release. I was planning to buy one, but ended up getting a Spider Comp as I wanted the bike for the whole summer. It will be sweat though!

  15. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dblvanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    327
    Yup, Big Top needs color again

  16. #166
    Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Reputation: John P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirium View Post
    John P, or anyone at Yeti reading this,

    For 2013 just bring back the White/Turq/Black colour scheme for the Big Top.. The black is so boring and the blank down tube looks so dull and unfinished.. Bring back the 2011 livery as it was..
    Quote Originally Posted by dblvanos View Post
    Yup, Big Top needs color again
    I'll pass your suggestions on up the chain of command, guys.

    Cheers,

    JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

    Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

  17. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    46
    Well as taste in colors is understandably personal, I for one was actually very pleased to receive my 2013 Big Top build in all black. Of the colors combos floating around when I made my purchase, I was least interested in the black/turq/white scheme and was not too jazzed by the black frame, white fork setup either. FWIW I "might" have been tempted by an all turquoise or lime yellow frame.

  18. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gomer hardtale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    232
    i kinda like my black top!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Yeti rumors???  Anyone???-big-top.jpg  

    bikeporn is protected speech

  19. #169
    Lucky...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by icelt View Post
    Well as taste in colors is understandably personal, I for one was actually very pleased to receive my 2013 Big Top build in all black. Of the colors combos floating around when I made my purchase, I was least interested in the black/turq/white scheme and was not too jazzed by the black frame, white fork setup either. FWIW I "might" have been tempted by an all turquoise or lime yellow frame.
    +1. Really like my all black BT. And it matches my SB-95.
    Yeti SB-95a Black

  20. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Went to a demo weekend here in the UK last weekend, and the guys on the Yeti stands said that the carbon SB95 will be landing early summer, was very impressed by the 95, but the carbon is going to be 2lbs lighter, should be an awesome ride.

  21. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by reign_man View Post
    Went to a demo weekend here in the UK last weekend, and the guys on the Yeti stands said that the carbon SB95 will be landing early summer, was very impressed by the 95, but the carbon is going to be 2lbs lighter, should be an awesome ride.
    Look forward to the 95C
    Last edited by Scarsandtears; 02-13-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles

  22. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    55
    Now that is sweet, add a CC Fully and a new Race Hardtail at Sea Otter and I'll buy some company for my ARC

  23. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Adim_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    723

    RE: 2013 Yeti rumors??? Anyone???

    Ohh my.....
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

  24. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Adim_X View Post
    Ohh my.....
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
    Exactly... guess in saving up..

  25. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    70
    no more asr-c? why???

  26. #176
    MTB Racer
    Reputation: snowryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55
    Yeti needs to expand their size range of their 29er HT. They need to bring in a small.

  27. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    122
    Sneak-peak of something carbon....????

    YETI 2013

  28. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    55
    Judging by fork, frame shape and cable routing I put my money on the final design of the SB95C.
    That we did expect, now bring on the new stuff everybody has been guessing about for months and show something at sea otter

  29. #179
    DLd
    DLd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,325
    Quote Originally Posted by knockbox View Post
    Sneak-peak of something carbon....????

    YETI 2013
    Looks like a 100mm fork. Carbon Big Top? Carbon ARC 29?

    Edit: maybe a 120mm fork, but it really doesn't look like a 140 or 150mm
    Can't wait for the snow to melt and the dirt to dry

  30. #180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    55
    Most SB95s I have seen so far are equipped with a standard 120mm Talas, as the Fox F34 still has limited availability.

    However, as Yeti usually run the cables on HTs on the top tube I still presume it to be a full suspension bike.
    Another possibility would be an updated ASR in 29 or 650b or a short travel XC version of an SB in one of those formats. We'll see...

  31. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    122
    I would love to see a full carbon Big Top!

  32. #182
    DLd
    DLd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1977 View Post
    Most SB95s I have seen so far are equipped with a standard 120mm Talas, as the Fox F34 still has limited availability.

    However, as Yeti usually run the cables on HTs on the top tube I still presume it to be a full suspension bike.
    Another possibility would be an updated ASR in 29 or 650b or a short travel XC version of an SB in one of those formats. We'll see...
    Yeah, I guess the curvy top tube makes me think SB95C. Bummer...
    Can't wait for the snow to melt and the dirt to dry

  33. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation: krispy@go-ride.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,001
    Looks like a 34 fork, around 120mm, cable routing exactly like a 95 and dropper post routing...

    Oh- 3 color options in those pics, and look at the lil fins that keep the cables from sawing into the tubing, i had that same problem on my 95.
    Santa Cruz Bronson 2 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

  34. #184
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    741
    Cable routing is different on the frames - so I say (or hope!) 2 models. One is definitely the 95c.

  35. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,359
    New choices and all new demo days posted for yeti!

  36. #186
    Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Reputation: John P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkylover53 View Post
    Cable routing is different on the frames - so I say (or hope!) 2 models.
    Good eye!
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

    Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

  37. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bedell99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,169
    I'm guessing 2 bikes.

    A SB95C and either a 4" 29" Hardtail or 4" 29 ASR.

    Erik

  38. #188
    Tribe member
    Reputation: feltbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    327

    2013 Yeti rumors??? Anyone???

    One of those will hopefully be the 29" ASRc!

  39. #189
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ecwashere7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by feltbee View Post
    One of those will hopefully be the 29" ASRc!

    AS-R suspensions are a thing of the past. Switch is the new black.

    SB-95c and a SB-650b (or whatever they call it) are only a matter of time and they will be trail crushing goodness. No doubt.
    That creep can roll, man.

  40. #190
    Tribe member
    Reputation: feltbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by ecwashere7 View Post
    AS-R suspensions are a thing of the past. Switch is the new black.

    SB-95c and a SB-650b (or whatever they call it) are only a matter of time and they will be trail crushing goodness. No doubt.
    I've never ridden a switch bike yet (hopefully will make it to a demo this year), but I'm fairly certain there will be a 29" ASRc in the future.

  41. #191
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,940
    Quote Originally Posted by ecwashere7 View Post
    AS-R suspensions are a thing of the past. Switch is the new black.
    How is that Decathlon lawsuit going?

    My wife often rides an old Kokapelli I still have around - set up as a fireroad bike at this point. I rode it recently, when doing a tune-up. It is just as good as it always was (though only frame and shock remains at this point). Nothing wrong with AS-R suspension, especially for a shorter travel bike.

  42. #192
    LCW
    LCW is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,774
    Need a 7" all-mountain/enduro bike... Something to replace the AS-X

    EVIL Following
    Yeti
    SB-66A

    Surly Wednesday

  43. #193
    Long live the ASR-7
    Reputation: Doba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    269
    The suspense is killing me. I'm about to buy a new bike. I found an ASR-7, but I'm really thinking about 650B.

  44. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,135
    This is going to be a tough choice. Trade my SB95 for SB95C or go for the new Enduro 29 carbon? /first world problems

  45. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,359
    they are gonna tease us all the way to Sea Otter...

  46. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    128
    I could easily be proven wrong, but even as a fan of big wheels, I sort of wonder if the Enduro 29er has crossed the limit of what's reasonable with big wheels. I've ridden a WFO that was built up with the burly end of things in mind, and found it to be all the things 26er fanatics hate about 29ers. The SB-95 does the lighter end of all-mountain very, very well, but if I wanted a dedicated Enduro/"big" bike, it would probably have smaller wheels.
    Keith in Corvallis

  47. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonSS View Post
    I could easily be proven wrong, but even as a fan of big wheels, I sort of wonder if the Enduro 29er has crossed the limit of what's reasonable with big wheels. I've ridden a WFO that was built up with the burly end of things in mind, and found it to be all the things 26er fanatics hate about 29ers. The SB-95 does the lighter end of all-mountain very, very well, but if I wanted a dedicated Enduro/"big" bike, it would probably have smaller wheels.
    Yeah, but my SB95 has all but replaced my Mojo HD (even though I think my HD is still more fun) for racing etc... and training, and everyday rides, and jumping... It's entirely as capable at 127 mm as my 160/170 26er. Which is silly. And my SB95 weighs like 32 lbs, and the new Enduro is 28ish. Pretty interesting.

  48. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14
    one of 2013's new frame will a 27.5 130mm

  49. #199
    LCW
    LCW is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,774

    2013 Yeti rumors??? Anyone???

    Quote Originally Posted by Doba View Post
    The suspense is killing me. I'm about to buy a new bike. I found an ASR-7, but I'm really thinking about 650B.
    Just hold off a wee bit longer... Sea Otter is only about a month away... I sense something good is coming...

    EVIL Following
    Yeti
    SB-66A

    Surly Wednesday

  50. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,359
    I will be at sea otter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •