mtbr member
    Feb 2013

2011 Yeti 575 frame sizing

I am 6 ft 1 with 33/34 in inside leg and ride on 19 in frame bikes with horizontal top tubes ranging from 600 to 610 mm.

I have my eye on a 18.5 in Yeti 575 bike, geometry below, which has 604 mm top tube ... yet Yeti sizeing is saying I should be riding on a LG frame.

So my question is, if you are riding a Med or Lg frame how tall are you and if you are of same height/leg, what fraem size you have.

...oops forgot the geo chart

Yeti ASR 575 Alloy Frame : MOUNTAIN TRAX | Performance & Leisure Cycles | Wokingham

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    their charts are pretty accurate..i say large.

mtbr member
    I'm about the same size as you. Just a inch shorter.
    I ride a large ASR5, which is close to the 575 geometry.
    I found that a medium ASR5 cockpit was too cramped for myself.
    I chose the large Yeti and have been pleased with the handling of it.
    Last edited by kokomo22; 03-01-2013 at 05:03 AM.

mtbr member

2011 Yeti 575 frame sizing

I'm 6'2" with an actual measured inseam if 36. Rode a lg 575 and it was good but now I'm on an XL ASR 7 with a short stem and am happier. A Lrg 575 should suit you fine

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm not sure how Yeti measures their ETT lengths. I always thought they looked quite long for their size and had a hell of a time deciding which ASR5 to get, SM or Med. I'm 5'8 with a 31.5 inseam. The only one I could get for a demo was a Lrg ASR5. Rode it around the parking lot and it was only slightly big - confirmed that I should be on a Med.

I just built up the Med frame and I ended up needing to move my saddle back about 1/2 an inch compared to where it was on my last frame which had a measured ETT at 1/3 inch shorter than the Yeti. I would follow Yeti's recommendations unless you are smack-between two sizes. in which case I'd do everything I can to test ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'm 5'11" riding a lg. frame 2011 575. Seems to fit perfectly. I would go with a large if I were you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    guess i am going to have to take a look at it (med 18.5" frame) ...... the top tube measurement makes me want to think it is orrect size but ^^^^ points against it.

i know there is a trend to fit stumpy stems (i ride with 110 mm) to bikes so maybe that account for the difference?

Knob scrubber

Re: 2011 Yeti 575 frame sizing

I'm 5'8" and was riding a medium 2011 575. I had mine set up with an 80mm stem and it fit me well, although a 60mm stem might have been even better. I would think that a medium will be a bit cramped for you unless you run a fairly long stem or a set back post, or possibly both. Go for the large mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Real men do it in the dirt