Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2011 575 Enduro

2ts
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

2011 575 Enduro

What can you say about the performance (likes &dislikes) of this bad boy. Im thingking of getting one to replace my stumpjumper. I can get this brand new for a reasonable price. Any info pls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 575 Enduro-yeti.jpg  

mtbr member
    You missed the Huck n Roll deal they had a few months back on these. 2150 out the door for the 11' Enduro. Hopefully, your getting a price around there! But for the few months I've had mine I love it to death! It's made me bike more then I ever have and ride better then ever! The only drawbacks I have found is the paint job isn't the greatest and I get a million pedal strikes which bug the hell out of me. With that being said this is an awesome all around bike.

2ts
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks for the info. Darn I missed that deal. Local Bike shop selling it for $2600 out the door, they will trade out REAR & FORK suspension to Kashima. I guess thats the best deal I can get specially in my size (M).

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    2012 575's will be going for $2800!

mtbr member
    Very stiff and solid and almost hard to beat when pointed down! (for it's weight).
    It's the evolution of the great 575 over 6 years

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ts View Post
    Thanks for the info. Darn I missed that deal. Local Bike shop selling it for $2600 out the door, they will trade out REAR & FORK suspension to Kashima. I guess thats the best deal I can get specially in my size (M).
    If the leave the fork and shock the same is the price lower? I have mine for over a year now and love it Took it every other weekend up to Trestle Bike Park In Winter Park Co and it took everything i gave it and more Well worth the Price i paid for it !! All the Stock parts have lived up and nothing has been replaced yet !!

Like one of the other posters said Point it down and let it rip because it is awesome on the DH !!
    Last edited by YETI_Chris; 02-10-2012 at 07:17 AM.
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

2ts
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by YETI_Chris View Post
    If the leave the fork and shock the same is the price lower? I have mine for over a year now and love it Took it every other weekend up to Trestle Bike Park In Winter Park Co and it took everything i gave it and more Will worth the Price i paid for it !! All the Stock parts have lived up and nothing has been replaced yet !!

Like one of the other posters said Point it down and let it rip because it is awesome on teh DH !!
    I just add $150 for the Kashima actually the guy will switch it from the 2012 model. I think he just want to get rid of the 2011 model. BTW thanks for your comment about the durability of the bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I just bought a 2011 575...I wanted the 2011 because of the carbon stays...

Go for it. Check huckandroll first...If there aren't any smoking deals there buy local. I got my XTR bike for 4 grand...a lot of cake for sure but a SMOKING deal for the package.

EDR
    I paid over $1800 for my '08 frame alone if that makes you feel any better. I think the whole enduro package was over $3100. And then I took off the Pike (I spec'd that) and spent over $700 for a Lyrik to put on it. Luckily I'm still bashing the hell out of the bike.

Big Hittin'
    just got a 2011, couldnt be happier. i ride really hard so the carbon seatstays scare me a bit.

otherwise it a great bike.
    29er's are Goofy

2ts
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nokfir2 View Post
    just got a 2011, couldnt be happier. i ride really hard so the carbon seatstays scare me a bit.

otherwise it a great bike.
    the carbon piece is what Im worried too, but i heard about the 5yr warranty on the frame, hehehe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkpointoffroad View Post
    2012 575's will be going for $2800!
    Actually, that version is a worse bike. It has a qr front axle and worse rims with no carbon fiber triangle.

mtbr member
    Mine came with kashima too and looks way better not to mention buttery smooth.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    $2600 isn't a great deal, but it's a fair deal (I got mine during the hucknroll sale). I think if they are willing to give you the 2012 suspension parts it's good. Andrew8404 is right that the new Enduro isn't the same as the 2011 Enduro, you'd have to go up to the 'enduro plus' for it to be comparable and that's going to be the same msrp I believe ($3100). Also I think 2012 will do away with the carbon rear, for purposes of strength or something they say. I got mine right before Christmas and haven't had any issues at all. Great bike, pretty tough too, I flew off the last ride and the bike flipped over on itself, but not a scratch to the bike (yeah...my first question wasn't how's my face look, but how's the bike?) I put a coat of Meguiar's gold car wax on it when I got it and it's actually been great at keeping the wet stuff from sticking too. haha
    2011 Yeti 575 Enduro - stock (for now)

mtbr member
    Another good thing about the 2011 vs 12 is the frame has a 5 year warranty instead of 2.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    -I'm not sure if you are able to see how a small 575 fits you, but when I was trying out bikes I should be a M (I'm about 5'10" 165lb) but I felt the S fit me better on a lot of brands. I went with a S on the 575 and feel it's just right. I guess I have a shorter torso or something?!? I think the only difference is an inch in top tube length according to their spec chart. Anyway, my point is that I saw JensonUSA has a new 2011 575 Enduro Small for $2325 and that probably is the out the door price, if you're interested.
    2011 Yeti 575 Enduro - stock (for now)

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Did a lot of research prior to purchasing the 575 (enduro)... Upgraded the the stock shifters to XO's and swapped out / installed Shimano XT brakes with the new Ice-tech rotors... As it stands based on the rides / abuse the bike has taken... It's an amazing bike !!!

Big Hittin'
    the carbon is a great idea and contributues to the bike being light. i tend to ride mine like a mini dh bike and pretty hard. im sure they are plenty strong and havnt had a problems at all, but always just thinking about it.

pointed down, the bike is a great. coming from dh bikes is the smallest bike i ever owned but is holding up pretty good. i love the way it handles and eats up most anything on the trail, but of course it has its limits.

from looking at the enduro build, ill admit the parts looked kinda cheap when i got the bike. i replaced the bars to 720mm and it really makes the bike come alive.

fingers crosssed, the avid 5's have been great with no issues what soever....i thought these wouldnt hold up at all but so far all good.

the x7 shifters are a bit slow and of course not as smooth as the xo's. but i converted to 1x10 so no front derailuer or shifter.

overall i couldbt be happier with the bike for the new terrain im riding.
    29er's are Goofy

2ts
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks to ALL, I made my decision of thanking the bike and will pick up this afternoon... I'll post the pics later on.... Im sooooo excited.

mtbr member
    Thanks to ALL, I made my decision of thanking the bike and will pick up this afternoon... I'll post the pics later on.... Im sooooo excited.
    Awesome !! Good luck with it wish i was able to ride mine but 18's of snow does not melt in Sub 32 degs all week !! Cant wait to see the Pic's !!!
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Definitely pick one up it will be a nice change of pace from your stumpy. However the stump jumper does have somewhat better pedaling performance....right now I have a 575, an SB66, and just got rid of my specialized epic s-sworks, all were fairly good pedaling platforms but surprisingly the SB66 was the best...if you have a bit extra cash get and enduro build SB66 and you will probably be happier

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    How does the size compare? I've heard Yeti's run large. I currently have a 19" Kona Kikapu Deluxe and it feels comfortable. I am looking for a new bike and saw a Large '11 575 Enduro for $2400? Would that be too big and would a Medium fit better? I'm 5'10.5" and weigh 145 lbs.
    Last edited by Fupp83; 02-24-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: more info

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupp83 View Post
    How does the size compare? I've heard Yeti's run large. I currently have a 19" Kona Kikapu Deluxe and it feels comfortable. I am looking for a new bike and saw a Large '11 575 Enduro for $2400? Would that be too big and would a Medium fit better? I'm 5'10.5" and weigh 145 lbs.
    I am 5'-10" and I went with the medium. Rode it and large back to back, totally didn't like the large went back to medium and the smile came back. I would say ride both and decide, your in between those 2 sizes so it would be best to ride both sizes if possible.
    2012 Yeti 575 Race
    2013 Niner AIR 9

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I bought a large based on the top tube length...I ride a 18" King Kahuna...I am very comfortable on the Yeti...

I have a Thompson seat post with the kickback on the Kona...I wanted to be able to run a dropper post on the Yeti so I needed a longer top tube.

2ts
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    [QUOTE=Fupp83;9037053]How does the size compare? I've heard Yeti's run large. I currently have a 19" Kona Kikapu Deluxe and it feels comfortable. I am looking for a new bike and saw a Large '11 575 Enduro for $2400? Would that be too big and would a Medium fit better? I'm 5'10.5" and weigh 145 lbs.[/QUOTE

Im 5'8 and medium is kinda big. i replace the stem from 90mm to 60mm and feels better. its just me just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast