Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: krispy@go-ride.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,020

    2007 XTR Yeti kit

    Lookie what showed up today!



    King HS
    the return of the Yeti/ARC carbon bar
    Maxxis Ignitor 2.1 UST tires
    Thomson stem and post

    Perfect for an ASR but we'd like to put it on a 575!

    Krispy
    Giant Reign Advanced 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Giant STP/ Rockshox Revelation
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    98

    Oh my...

    That XTR crank really is a beauty.

    Any idea how much they are gonna be?

    Cheers.
    I don't care if I'm the last to the top and the last to the bottom. Just as long as I look damn good doing it!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: krispy@go-ride.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,020
    he he i'm still figuring out the price, a lot!
    Giant Reign Advanced 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Giant STP/ Rockshox Revelation
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,187
    What is the cost of the beautiful looking kit?

  5. #5
    I'm a unitard!
    Reputation: mtbfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,524
    What kit is that going to be for Yeti?

  6. #6
    Linoleum Knife
    Reputation: forkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,287
    My wallet hurts just looking at all those XTR's.

    Is it optical illusion, or is the thumb-paddle on the shifters bigger on this new version a'la SRAM?

    No pedals?

  7. #7
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,764
    Wow... that looks sweet... but as the others say..must leave a big hole in the wallet...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flipnidaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,420

    of all the new XTR parts...

    i most covet the wheels...

  9. #9
    I'm a unitard!
    Reputation: mtbfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,524
    I'll take the usual. Cranks, chain, and cassette. You can have the other stuff. I sure hope that isn't the pro kit next year.

  10. #10
    Who is John Galt?
    Reputation: Big Jim Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,707
    How can they make all that stuff for just $100? I'll take two. Must admit I am lusting after the XTR wheels since I read about them in MB Review. Hacve yet to see them listed anywhere. So this means all that new XTR stuff is on the market? I'm still partial to SRAM though on the shifters etc.
    What, me hurry?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    34

    Yeti ARC Carbon Bar Returns!

    What size will yeti offer that bar in, 25.4mm or 31.8mm?

  12. #12
    I'm a unitard!
    Reputation: mtbfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    How can they make all that stuff for just $100? I'll take two. Must admit I am lusting after the XTR wheels since I read about them in MB Review. Hacve yet to see them listed anywhere. So this means all that new XTR stuff is on the market? I'm still partial to SRAM though on the shifters etc.
    What did MBA have to say about the wheels? I've never been impressed with Shimano wheels. Seems like they used to lack stiffness. Has that been remedied?

    Fully XTRed bikes seem rather boring to me. Especially on something like a Yeti.

  13. #13
    I'm a unitard!
    Reputation: mtbfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg
    What size will yeti offer that bar in, 25.4mm or 31.8mm?
    Looks like a 31.8 to me.

  14. #14
    Got Ventana
    Reputation: tomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    129
    Looks like it is a Thomson Elite stem so that would suggest that the bar is 25.4mm

  15. #15
    I'm a unitard!
    Reputation: mtbfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy84
    Looks like it is a Thomson Elite stem so that would suggest that the bar is 25.4mm
    I had that handlebar last year, and I swore it was a 31.8. It looks like you are right though. Upon further review . . . it does look like a 25.4.

    I didn't think they were making (or whoever makes them) handlebars anymore.

  16. #16
    Who is John Galt?
    Reputation: Big Jim Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbfool
    What did MBA have to say about the wheels? I've never been impressed with Shimano wheels. Seems like they used to lack stiffness. Has that been remedied?

    Fully XTRed bikes seem rather boring to me. Especially on something like a Yeti.
    "XTR is the game and scandium is the name. the rare earth aluminum alloy is ultra rigid and weldable, so Shimano decided to build its new XTR rim with the stuff. Gone are the side mounted spokes, welded in ferrules that fit special nipples. The scandium rim is laced to direct pull XTR hubs in a conventional (no more paired spoke lacing) cross-two pattern. The hub bearings are "angular contact" types, which can withstand more lateral stress without developing play. Shimano uses an aluminum axle and titanium freehub body that engages a 36-notch clutch, so you won;t miss a millisecond when you push down on the pedal the first time after an interval of coasting. Will they be expensive? Well, the set is reported to weigh 3 pounds, six ounces (seven ounces lighter than last year's) so what do you think?"
    What, me hurry?

  17. #17
    I'm a unitard!
    Reputation: mtbfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    "XTR is the game and scandium is the name. the rare earth aluminum alloy is ultra rigid and weldable, so Shimano decided to build its new XTR rim with the stuff. Gone are the side mounted spokes, welded in ferrules that fit special nipples. The scandium rim is laced to direct pull XTR hubs in a conventional (no more paired spoke lacing) cross-two pattern. The hub bearings are "angular contact" types, which can withstand more lateral stress without developing play. Shimano uses an aluminum axle and titanium freehub body that engages a 36-notch clutch, so you won;t miss a millisecond when you push down on the pedal the first time after an interval of coasting. Will they be expensive? Well, the set is reported to weigh 3 pounds, six ounces (seven ounces lighter than last year's) so what do you think?"

    So a touch over 1500 grams. that's impressive. Is that claimed weight or real weight I wonder.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flipnidaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,420
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbfool
    So a touch over 1500 grams. that's impressive. Is that claimed weight or real weight I wonder.
    Shimano real weights are typically within a few grams of claimed... The best thing about their hubs are that it only takes a couple of cone wrenches to rebuild... Too bad we're probably the pricing will probably be close to Crossmax SL's...

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: krispy@go-ride.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,020
    The bar is indeed 25.4
    Giant Reign Advanced 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Giant STP/ Rockshox Revelation
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: krispy@go-ride.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,020
    Looks like the MSRP is $5595, that is on an ASR with a Fox F80.

    I don't believe this replaces the Pro kit.
    Giant Reign Advanced 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Giant STP/ Rockshox Revelation
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •