Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    FAT CHANCE!

2006 Interbike Photos

Anybody have any yeti photos to share from Interbike?

thanks for sharing

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Are there really no new Yetis at this Interbike? What is up here? Yeti in trouble? ;-)

I'm a unitard!
    oh, they are definitely there. Just check the police reports.

Oh yeah, and check the interbike forum too.

mtbr member

Interbike Yeti photo's

Apparently the Yeti boys didn't get the memo - if you want your picture taken this year, your bike better have 29" wheels. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    mtbfool please give ame a link to the photos, i only found one and it doesn't look like anything new.

mtbr member
    I saw on some web site -- search Google with Yeti Interbike 2006 -- that they are making the AS-R with a full carbon rear triangle. Looked nice and droped half pound off the frame. Not too shabby.

mtbr member

New Yeti Info on the web

Hey all, for what it is worth, check out this link http://thisjustin.bicycling.com/
    They do a brief write up on the ASR, and also allude to the 303 suspension design migrating to other models.

FAT CHANCE!

Here is the ASR from that write up. This doesn't look like a new yeti build kit but the rear does look to be all carbon and that does look like a 07 fox on the front (New Fox catalog for '07 has yeti's Graves, on the front of it)

I'm a unitard!
    Quote Originally Posted by roy harley

Here is the ASR from that write up. This doesn't look like a new yeti build kit but the rear does look to be all carbon and that does look like a 07 fox on the front (New Fox catalog for '07 has yeti's Graves, on the front of it)

man, those seat stays look really thin. I reckon i'll gets me one of them.

Linoleum Knife

Yeti...

I was in Golden the Friday before Interbike. They said they were only doing the outdoor demo.

Didn't bring a camera, but the new 2007 white color scheme on the AS-R is amazing.

Word was no changes to the bikes for '07...

They put this together for me while I waited... The only difference from '06 was the 575 decal on the top tube.

Attachment 200337
    Attachment 200338

Now I just need a fork....
    Last edited by forkboy; 10-10-2006 at 03:42 PM.

I'm a unitard!
    Forkboy - What are you going to do for a race rig?

I like your Durango Nationals sticker on your stand. I have a few of those laying around the house. '01 right?

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbfool
    Forkboy - What are you going to do for a race rig?

I like your Durango Nationals sticker on your stand. I have a few of those laying around the house. '01 right?
    I never did race my AS-R. It was always just my long-distance Moab / Fruita / Backcountry bike. I find myself doing stupider stuff on a bike every year, so I figured why not get some extra inches

I've got a 2001 K2 Razorback team that I've been racing for the last 3 years. I only ride it in the races, so it's held up pretty well. Nothing special.. just pure utility.

This weekend I'll be racing my Gunnar RockHound - The Road Apple course really requires a hardtail instead of FS. Every time I run FS I've spent the whole race locked out anyways.

I think it was '01. We had a World Cup here that year as well. I think Norba's only been through once since then. We don't even get an MSC race anymore, and the Iron Horse MTB has gone away. Now I have to keep myself entertained with mostly ((gasp)) road racing.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Congrats Forkboy... that 575 looks sweet

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Congrats Forkboy... that 575 looks sweet
    Thanks - Huge props go out to Yeti for helping a dude with a broken frame out of a jam.

I love the color. Hopefully I will score a fork which is not to be mentioned until it is in my posession from a friend, and will have it ready for either Gita or Moab... whichever happens.

I get all twitchy... well, twitchier than normal - thinking about riding it.

i can't type the letter s
    here are some pics from the yeti dealer demo at keystone in september 2006. the 1st pic is me with two guys i met from argentina. i taught them how to drop at the drop zone, which they did the 5 footer, so they were very stoked. good vibes all around.

the major new change for the as-x, which i don't have a pic of is the paint scheme, white and silver, very nice and the 2007 as-x finally has the YETI HEAD BADGE!!

very nice indeed!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

What is that red bike?

What is that red bike? ASR or a 575?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Looks like a 575. When will they update the website? So they didn't listen to me about my requested changes to the 575 but I still do want to see the new colors

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    my requested changes to the 575
    What were your requested changes?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    First of all, don't take this as a knock on the 575- one my my favorite bikes. All I most humbly asked for was a slightly stiffer rear triangle and while they were at it, I would not mind seeing that carbon flexpivot made tougher or replaced with a regular pivot. I'm not too worried about the flexpivot breaking while riding but more worried about it breaking in a move or if another bike falls on that area. That may admittedly be a silly concern but it's still there in my head right now. Feel free to help me make it vanish. I actually preferred having that Titanium flexpivot on my AS-R SL.

However, the stiffer rear triangle was my main wish/request. Yeti can't really do this without adding a bit of weight so I understand their goal of having a really light long-travel bike. That said, I'd gladly take another 100 grams for a stiffer frame.
    The 575 and ASR are superb bikes but the 575, for it's intended purpose, could use a stiffer rear triangle, especially for riders over 180 lbs who like to hit the corners hard. That said, I would buy a 575 again. I like the ride quality a lot.

I already have two 4" travel bikes and would like to build up a 28-29 lb close-to-6" travel bike and the Spot (redesigned 5.5" 2007 model) and 575 are the only two I really like in that specific range. Actually, with the Spot, I would eventually get the PUSH rockers to make it a 5.7" travel bike. I'm waiting for official details and colors on the 2007s from Yeti and Turner. There are other choices in the 5" range but I've come to the conclusion (after owning the X-5) that a 5" bikes is just too close to my 4" bikes so the X-5/Ciclon and Motolite are out and the 575 and Spot are in.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    First of all, don't take this as a knock on the 575
    I'm not so blinded by the bike I own that I can't see ways to improve it, so no worries here. I was simply curious to hear what your ideas for improving the 575 were.

I agree that the rear end is probably the biggest issue on the 575. I never really notice it on the trail, but by leaning on it on pavement or something like that it is noticeable.

I had a real hard time deciding between the 575, 5Spot and X-5. Had the PUSH Rockers been a reality when I was buying, I probably would have gone the 5Spot route. That being said, I've been absolutely thrilled with my 575. Its really the perfect bike for how/where I ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The only place I notice the flex is on a few occasions when I was going (almost uncontrollably) fast around swoopy downhill corners and seriously off-camber corners. I only noticed it a few times but it never affected my ability to take a corner as fast as my skills let me so I never felt like the bike could not get me out of trouble. I'm 185 lbs and prob a little over 200 with gear so I'm not light nor too heavy, but heavy enough to notice a little flex at speed.

However, a slightly stiffer frame builds more confidence and makes us feel more in control so that's why I asked Yeti to consider it. They sell so many that it may not be of concern to them. However, I can tell you that resting on laurels is a dangerous thing to do and if they eventually make any changes to the 575, it would be silly to not consider this since others are becoming lighter and stiffer while increasing travel as well. I'd still happily buy a 575 again but now I have to put it up agianst the Spot and consider the differences before making a decision.

The fact that the 575 is so much less expensive also has to play into the decision. The difference could be a really nice fork or a good wheelset.

Jdub, I appreciate your attitude

All valid comments Flyer... I know you hold the 575 high, you pushed me into buying one

I am over 200lbs and haven't noticed much flex... but I am still under the "new bike" effect, so it might take a while until I start seeing any weaknesses.

However as Jdub, I love my bike, but keep my eyes open for improvements from Yeti or others...

Cheers,
    Cris

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey Cris, good to hear from you again and I'm glad you are enjoying the ride of the 575. I do indeed like the 575 a lot. You may never notice the flex on the terrain you ride. I'm not sure what your local terrain is like but the first time I noticed it was on a pretty steep downhill where I picked up some decent speed and suddenly realized a corner was coming up fast and it turned out to be slightly off-camber. The resulting lean angle and my weight forcing the bike outwards was the first time I felt the rear triangle flex a bit. I can't feel the flex other than in some slightly more extreme situations.

Anyway, back to the topic and I want to see all the 2007 models and colors. Anybody know when the website is going to be updated?

EDIT- I do know that RED is going to be a new 575 color. Pretty obvious since there is a red 575 in the Interbike pics. Good deal!!

Cool.. I want to see the new colors too. I hope Raw stays so I can claim mine is 2007 I already have the RP23, right?

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Good points. I agree that Yeti can't simply rest on the 575 without getting left behind, that is why I was curious to hear your thoughts on how to improve it.

I weigh about 195, and do a lot of downhill as our riding here on the Front Range(as you know) is pretty much all up then all down. I'll pay extra attention on my ride tomorrow night and see if I'm just ignoring it, but I feel very comfortable at speeds on mine. Maybe I'm just not going as fast as you...

And yes price absolutely has to be considered if you are like 99.9% of us that are on some sort of budget. My boss offered to buy me a frame as part of my bonus (I made him a lot of money), so I had to choose between a free 575 & Pike 454 Air Uturn or a 5Spot frame. The things I saw as advantages to the 5Spot (a little stiffer, running coil, etc) didn't outweight the free Pike, so I went the 575 route. Really can't lose either way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast