mtbr member

2004 Yeti 575 with Avid BB7s - Question?

I have a 2004 575 with the Vanilla 125 front shock. I had to many problems with the Hayes FX-9s so I purchased the Avid BB7s in 160mm.

My problem is that the BB7 brackets that came with the brakes do not fit the Yeti. Looking at the front page of the owner manual for the BB7s shows many different brackets. Or, can I just take off the brackets and mount it directly without using the brackets at all?

Does anyone know what bracket fits the Yeti 575? If so, where do I get these brackets?

Thanks
    Last edited by mtbike_AK; 07-28-2006 at 01:37 PM.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    The IS mounts on the Yeti are fairly standard. You may have gotten the adapters (brackets) for another size of rotors (discs) maybe? The caliper is a post mount style, and the adapter "adapts it to the IS.

You can get the adaptors at your LBS, they are fairly cheap (you could even use the one from your hayes brakes).

I hope this helps, if not please keep asking.

Cheers,
    Cris

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    The IS mounts on the Yeti are fairly standard. You may have gotten the adapters (brackets) for another size of rotors (discs) maybe? The caliper is a post mount style, and the adapter "adapts it to the IS.

You can get the adaptors at your LBS, they are fairly cheap (you could even use the one from your hayes brakes).

I hope this helps, if not please keep asking.

Cheers,
    Cris
    The adapter are the right pattern, just the bolts that go through the adapter to the frame & shock are too small. They just slip in and out the threads. I will try a few of the things you mentioned and see how it goes. Thanks.

Who is John Galt?
    Mine bolted right on (Fox Vanilla RL 130mm) but they are the 185mm size. I would recommend you switch to the bigger rotors, that might solve your problem and you will like them much better.

Wait, I have Juicy 7s...
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    I got it. Quick trip to the LBS showed my where I was going wrong. No problems now. Chalk that one up to user error!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Glad you got it cleared up! Enjoy your brakes!! the BB7s are the best mechanical out there.

Cheers,
    Cris

EDR
    Booooo for vacuum hair style attatchments.

Horrayyyyyyy for BB7's.

Sorry, just saw a funny commercial. I had BB7's on my other bike. Great mechanical brakes!