Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

150mm fork on a 575

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Toxic Avenger 
#1 ·
Has anyone experienced any geometry problems running a 150mm front fork on a 575?

How does it handle climbing/downhill?

I am eyeing a 575 and want to instal at '06 Marzocchi AM1.

Thanks

#3 · (Edited)
I currently run a 140mm Pike and it is fine... I suppose you need to shift your weight a little more forward on climbs with the 150mm, but shouldn't be an issue. The Enduro Pro kit comes comes with the 160mm Fox 36, so I would suppose it's fine ;).

I am sure others will drop in and give more info ;)

#4 ·
I also have a Pike and it's great. I made sure to get the U-Turn version though. Dialing it down to 110 is great for the climbs. I didn't know they had an option for the Fox 36! My friend and I were joking about putting his 36 on my Yeti today, lol. Ya learn something new everyday . . .

#5 ·
I'd do it. You can always modify the front geometry with a flat bar, no stem rise and no spacers....but I doubt if it's a problem. I assume you're looking mainly to enhance downhill performance?

#7 ·
Zip said:
Has anyone experienced any geometry problems running a 150mm front fork on a 575?

Thanks
I would say 90% of the XC riders would hate a 575 w/ a 541mm ac fork. It would flop the head angle to like 67 degrees, making the bike a bit unresponsive on tight twisty single track and climbing more of a bear.

I myself am in the other 10% and don't mind the slack head angle but your fork has TAS and you can steepen the head angle if you need to.

#8 ·
I hope it isn't a problem b/c I have an '06 Z1 SL on the way for mine. After looking at 10mm on a ruler, it's hard to say a Fox 32 would work great at 140, but a 150 wouldn't. As Ratt said though, you can always adjust the travel down. I

#9 ·
I've got an 05 AM1 on mine and it's perfect.....

Zip said:

Thanks
I originally had a Fox Talas but the bike seemed to be craving a little taller fork with a little more travel. AM1 has been perfect. Even in the 130 mm setting it's ~25 mm taller than the 130 mm Talas. I usually run it at 130 for everyday / xc oriented riding and increase the travel to 150 mm when I know I'll be doing alot of descending. The Yeti site gives the geometry specs for both a 130 and 150 mm fork. Get the AM1 and have the best of both worlds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.